Analyze Bug or Weapon Bug? 02/16/2016 12:01 AM CST
I had thought that Analyze should only give options that fit the weapon you are currently holding, but while using ANA FLAME with a cuska (Rakash Small Blunt from Siksraja), it told me to land a slam, which I was then told could not be done with a cuska. Is this a problem with Analyze, with the weapon, or with my understanding? (Exact excerpt given below)

>[expertise:12]: anal flame
>
* Ineptly, a wind hound howls and leaps, growling deep in its chest at you. You evade, stepping aside.
[You're winded, solidly balanced with opponent in better position.]
>
With a keen eye you study the battlefield and try to discern what weaknesses may be exploited.
You recall your combo may be completed by landing a slam and a feint.
>[expertise:130]: slam
You can not slam with a cuska with a carved oaken handle!

Thanks.
Re: Analyze Bug or Weapon Bug? 02/16/2016 01:26 AM CST

Was it in your offhand? That might bork the combat system.
Re: Analyze Bug or Weapon Bug? 02/16/2016 06:33 AM CST

Nope, was in my right hand with left hand empty.
Re: Analyze Bug or Weapon Bug? 02/16/2016 06:57 PM CST
Like the bola, you cannot slam with a cuska (A cuska is a Rakash weapon consisting of rocks or metal weights, often sealed within leather pouches, that are joined to a handle with distinctive, sinuous chains.) You might try the "pummel" attack if you see this again because the actual attack is a "slam". Not sure if it works to complete an analyze but worth a try.

>pummel
< You slam a steel bola at a black ape. A black ape dodges.
[You're nimbly balanced and in better position.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!
Re: Analyze Bug or Weapon Bug? 02/16/2016 07:38 PM CST
PUMMEL (formerly pommel/haft strike) and SLAM (formerly only a shield bash?) have been completely wacked out since 3.0. Slam is now pommel strike (for most weapons) and pummel is now slam. I don't think anyone has ever commented about this (or about the change in messaging for DRAW but nobody seems nonplussed about that except me).

I don't think analyze will count PUMMEL if it wants SLAM? If you CHOP with a weapon that BASH instead (or vice versa) the code does not count that as completing a combo step. Or at least that used to be the case. I mostly gave up reporting bugs with weapon verbs yonks ago.

Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: Analyze Bug or Weapon Bug? 02/17/2016 12:13 PM CST
Hmmm, I think it may actually be a weapon template bug(?) because my old festival bought bola does not allow me to slam with it but upon testing with my new player crafted bola I am able to slam and fulfil the analyze flame combo. I'll get my old bola out of my vault and run some test later today.

Re: Analyze Bug or Weapon Bug? 02/17/2016 01:17 PM CST
Pummel does work instead of slam.

>anal flame

With a keen eye you study the battlefield and try to discern what weaknesses may be exploited.
Increased inner fire may be achieved by landing a bash, a draw, a slam and a draw.
Roundtime: 4 sec.

R>bash

< You bash a heavy steel-chain bola weighted with several dark iron globes at a black ape. A black ape badly fails to block with an old bone. The bola lands a good strike to the ape's left leg.
[You're winded, slightly off balance with opponent in good position.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]

>draw

< You draw a heavy steel-chain bola weighted with several dark iron globes at a black ape. A black ape badly fails to parry with an old bone. The bola lands a good strike to the ape's left leg.
[You're winded, nimbly balanced with no advantage.]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]

>slam

You can not slam with a heavy steel-chain bola weighted with several dark iron globes!

>pumm

< You slam a heavy steel-chain bola weighted with several dark iron globes at a black ape. A black ape fails to evade. The bola lands a good hit to the ape's abdomen.
[You're winded, nimbly balanced with opponent in better position.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]

>draw

< You draw a heavy steel-chain bola weighted with several dark iron globes at a black ape. A black ape badly fails to block with an old bone. The bola lands a good hit to the ape's right leg.
Utilizing flawless combat expertise you execute an aggressive attack combination and fan the flames of your internal fire.
[You're winded, adeptly balanced and in strong position.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]

Note on the "draw" I received the inner fire message.

Re: Analyze Bug or Weapon Bug? 02/17/2016 02:18 PM CST
Did you bug in game? I can't remember if anyone asked that yet. If not, it's worth submitting.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Analyze Bug or Weapon Bug? 02/17/2016 05:17 PM CST
I have just bugged this in game with my store bought bola.