Evasion Circle Req 03/16/2015 05:50 PM CDT
It seems that Evasion is counting as it's own skill AND as an Nth survival skill.
--Regarding your survival knowledge, you should work on 1st Survival (Evasion), 2nd Survival (Athletics), 3rd Survival (Perception), Evasion.
Re: Evasion Circle Req 03/16/2015 06:32 PM CDT
It's just a messaging problem I believe. What it means is you need two survivals and evasion. I've seen this when I started back up again but it didn't mean what was messaged.

It would be pertinent to post your survival skills and circle attaining though to see if circling or messaging is broken.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!
Re: Evasion Circle Req 03/16/2015 06:53 PM CDT
Evasion is supposed to be a hard requirement for barbarians, and so should not be counting as a nth survival skill at all. It will always be at least high enough to meet your 1st survival requirement because of the hard requirement needed.

This means that even if they post their skills there wouldn't be a way to tell* if it is either a messaging bug where it is simply just displaying Evasion as the needed 1st survival instead of ignoring it, or it is a mechanical bug where it is actually counting Evasion as the highest survival skill. My money's on the former, however.

(*Unless they've completely dropped the ball and are training only 4 survivals in total including Evasion.)

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Evasion Circle Req 03/16/2015 07:12 PM CDT
Rhadyn, I was in the same boat, I noticed it when I first came back, but didn't think much of it because after the first circle I got, I didn't see it anymore.
This is however happening on a brand new char, that I created specifically to test this. Here is where he stands.

Brand new character: 2 ranks in Evasion, Perception, Locksmithing, First Aid, Skinning, Athletics, and Outdoorsmanship, 0 in Stealth and Theivery
--Regarding your survival knowledge, you should work on 1st Survival (Evasion), 2nd Survival (Athletics), 3rd Survival (Perception), Evasion.
4 Evasion, no other changers
Regarding your survival knowledge, you should work on 2nd Survival (Athletics), 3rd Survival (Perception), Evasion.
6 Evasion, no other Changes.
Regarding your survival knowledge, you should work on 2nd Survival (Athletics), 3rd Survival (Perception).

Working on getting just the bare minimum others to the bare minimum circle requirements for further experimenting. Will keep posted.
Re: Evasion Circle Req 03/16/2015 10:20 PM CDT
Okay so this sort of makes sense because when I came back a few months ago I posted (and emailed Squanto) that this seemed odd that I didn't have the "real" fourth requirement like was posted on Elanthipedia. Now that I think about it I trained based on the "required" stats and not what stupid Agonar (did I say that or was it in a thought bubble?) said to me. It's worth looking into indeed as I think it is probably a circling problem not a messaging problem now. Squanto can probably attest to the skills I emailed him about this and I'm sure I can dig them up again to verify.

Re: Evasion Circle Req 03/16/2015 10:27 PM CDT
Here's my email...

When I talk to Agonar he only says I need primary weapon, secondary weapon, and expertise. However, when I look at my survivals I find the following based on the barb survival reqs posted:

Skill Current
Rank Rank for Next Circle Delta
Evasion 393 350 43
Athletics 210 188 22
Perception 217 228 -11
Stealth 172 0
Locksmithing 181 142 39
Thievery 34 0
First Aid 148 0
Outdoorsmanship 128 0
Skinning 333 228 105

If I use Skinning as my 1st and Perception as my 2nd survival skill, being that evasion is a hard req and not calculated in the nth reqs, I calculate I need 11 more ranks. However, again, Agonar doesn’t say I need any survivals to go to 86th. Have you seen this before or is Evasion a soft req instead of a hard req?

Re: Evasion Circle Req 03/16/2015 10:46 PM CDT
Circle 2 Reqs should be Evasion - 6, Surv1 - 4, Surv2 - 4, Surv3 - 4, Surv4, 2.
At 6 Evasion, 4 Perception, 4 Outdoorsmanship, and 2 everything else, Agonar isn't asking me for survival anymore.

I shouldn't have been able to circle, but I did.

Circle 3 Reqs should be Evasion - 9, Surv1 - 6, Surv2 - 6, Surv3 - 6, Surv4, 3.
At 6 Evasion, 4 Perception, 4 Outdoorsmanship, and 2 everything else, Agonar is asking for "work on 2nd Survival (Perception), 3rd Survival (Outdoorsmanship), 4th Survival (Athletics), Evasion."

Both of these tell me that evasion is in fact being counted.
Re: Evasion Circle Req 03/16/2015 10:52 PM CDT
I would BUG it in game on that character as well as your own, with a link in the bug submission to this thread in case you haven't already.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Evasion Circle Req 03/19/2015 10:59 PM CDT

Bugged in game on both characters, with a link to these posts.
Now we wait, though it won't really affect me either way.