Suddenly lost all my abilities 11/30/2014 02:58 PM CST
So i'm hunting for an hour or so, cycling my abilities and trying to learn expertise.

All of the sudden I get:

<R> medit flame

<* Apparently without direction or thought, a lava drake darts forward and slashes at you. You turn aside some of the fiery claws with a haralun cutlass with a balanced blade.
<[You're bruised, winded, adeptly balanced and overwhelming your opponent.]
<>
<You begin to meditate upon the chakrel amulet, your inner fire swelling as you center your mind, body, and spirit.
<Surrounding your reflection is a brilliant aura of beautiful flames extending out around you about half again your height.
<A steady wind interferes with the aura forming around you.

<Your mind reels from the effort of recalling your abilities. Something goes terribly wrong and you can no longer recall your abilities!

<[ The system has determined you had negative slots, likely due to a cost change after you had selected your abilities. Your abilities have been cleared so you can re-learn them and arrive at the correct number.
<>

Now I have no abilities and need to re-select them all.

I've bugged this issue and do not believe it was due to negative slots since i've seen this before and forgot a few abilities to clear it a month or so ago.

Please explain.

Your mind hears Person thinking, "$* away"
Your mind hears Tikorro thinking, "Dont mind if I do"
Your mind hears Mossyoak thinking, "haha!"
Your mind hears Person thinking, "shift my bad"
Re: Suddenly lost all my abilities 11/30/2014 10:06 PM CST
Has anyone else seen this happen?

The system periodically checks if your ability totals are negative, and takes this step to ensure folks aren't violating intended game mechanics. But in 2 years this is the first I had heard of it happening.

Do you have an exact list of what abilities you knew prior to it happening?

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes