Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: :O 05/11/2004 10:28 PM CDT
>7|-|15 15 @/\/ 3X@/\/\p13 0|= 1337 5p33K
>translation, "This is an example of 1337 Speak."

The correct translation to English would be, "This is an example of elite speak."

Wouldn't it?

Tessaa
Re: :O 05/11/2004 11:15 PM CDT
It's like a 3d puzzle, just look at it til your eyes bleed.

Genneron
AIM: Genneron
Help me out here, build up my army.
http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=6az3xbi9
Re: :O 05/11/2004 11:23 PM CDT
>It's like a 3d puzzle, just look at it til your eyes bleed.

HA! This all reminds me, wasnt there some programs for AOL that did this automatically for you? Like you just typed in English and got this....uh,...dammit, I cant figure it out without looking back, elite speach? I dont know, I havent been on AOL since back when DR was still there, heh.

Re: :O 05/12/2004 05:19 AM CDT
<<Dragoonseal, who STILL plays TFC (and would still play CS if he didn't have such a sucky computer, stupid Steam)

How can you play TFC but not CS? since they run on the same engine. Or do you play the TF from quake. And I agree Steam is the worst idea valve ever had, well except maybe doing all that work on TF2 never to release it :(

-Berserker Sigmer Heldnhammer-
God Hates A Coward
Re: :O 05/12/2004 05:59 AM CDT
>How can you play TFC but not CS? since they run on the same engine. Or do you play the TF from quake. And I agree Steam is the worst idea valve ever had, well except maybe doing all that work on TF2 never to release it :(

Sure they're both on the the HL engine, but TFC definitely runs much faster than CS, the normal HL game runs much faster than CS as well. They're just plain less graphic intensive than CS is, but there's probably other reasons as well.

And TFC has always been faster, even before Steam, way back I couldn't play CS (without tons of lag) until I got more ram, and after I did it was great, so I started playing CS way more often (because TFC is only so fun when no one can pose a challenge to you and your buddy for months =\). But now I'm maxed out on ram, and can't even upgrade my vid card (I mentioned this is a POS computer right?), and once Steam came out CS got so much more laggy it was not even funny, and I simply had no chance of playing it anymore, so I went back to Sven Co-op and TFC, and even those are a little laggy now, which is just sad, those used to run so fast.

And you know I love a lot of Steam too, how it DLs upgrades, the buddy list and IMing during games, game lists, and other things, it's just stupidly laggy, and has too many stupid bugs in it.

But ah well. Anyway, if anyone ever wants to play TFC or Sven with me, drop me a line at Dragonseal Rayke on AIM, I haven't played TFC in a few months now (and for months upon months before that, before getting back into it for a bit), but I'll still gladly hand people's rear to them in it if they want <g>, also I'm an awesome team player in Sven.

Dragoonseal
Re: :O 05/12/2004 10:28 AM CDT
>But ah well. Anyway, if anyone ever wants to play TFC or Sven with me, drop me a line at Dragonseal Rayke on AIM, I haven't played TFC in a few months now (and for months upon months before that, before getting back into it for a bit), but I'll still gladly hand people's rear to them in it if they want <g>, also I'm an awesome team player in Sven.

We have a fairly decent crew of current and ex-Barbarians playing Unreal Tournament 2004, as well as Battle Field 1942 with the Desert Combat mod right now. In a few days, we'll be switching to Battle Field Vietnam, with the occasional UT2004 game. If you want to try some games with us, AIM me at DR Merdell.

-Merdell's player
Re: :O 05/12/2004 11:43 AM CDT
<<>7|-|15 15 @/\/ 3X@/\/\p13 0|= 1337 5p33K
>translation, "This is an example of 1337 Speak.">>

This would be a textbook example to illustrate the point. RL examples dont tranlsate phrases letter for letter, but slang it up so its not so literal.

Thanks,
Imp
Re: :O 05/12/2004 12:14 PM CDT
<<But ah well. Anyway, if anyone ever wants to play TFC or Sven with me, drop me a line at Dragonseal Rayke on AIM, I haven't played TFC in a few months now (and for months upon months before that, before getting back into it for a bit), but I'll still gladly hand people's rear to them in it if they want <g>, also I'm an awesome team player in Sven.>>

While I no longer clan - stopped playin with #smp-clan about a month ago, I still do pickups and 2v2s once in a while.

Swing by on gamesurge and we can chat. I'm not on AIM too much these days.

---
galren.moonskin

"What you fear, you create."
Re: :O 05/13/2004 04:31 AM CDT
>We have a fairly decent crew of current and ex-Barbarians playing Unreal Tournament 2004, as well as Battle Field 1942 with the Desert Combat mod right now. In a few days, we'll be switching to Battle Field Vietnam, with the occasional UT2004 game. If you want to try some games with us, AIM me at DR Merdell.

I'd gladly play BF 1942, I love it from the times I've played some lan games of it with friends (on their computers), but my computer just simply can not run any of those <g>. In fact I don't even have room to install them, let alone even try to play them.

I love me some FPS games, I've played them so much I can pick up a new one and right from the get go do a fair amount of butt kicking, but there's hardly any I can play these days <g>.

Dragoonseal
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page