100+ active barbarians - sound off 06/07/2006 06:19 AM CDT
I was wondering how many of us there are here. Sound off please? And post if you know of someone that is active but not a poster.

Iyan, can you just tell us from records how many?

______
Magdar Bluefletch, Legendary Barbarian of M'Riss
Re: 100+ active barbarians - sound off 06/07/2006 06:27 AM CDT
<<I recognize your point Iayn, but realize that what your experiment had a few things unconsidered. First, that many mammoths would equal death, unbalanced or not, so it's an unrealistic exampmle.>>

I'll just say if you're 100th and mammoths = death then need mroe training mammoths aren't that deadly to higher circles. Deadly yes, insanely deadly no. Using War stomp would have a good affect on it. Plus if bone mammoths are UNDEAD they are bugged. Recent invasion i cast with my ranger Plague of Scvanagers and they reactive as very much alive. So maybe they're just cursed like Adan'f.

Anyways my barb can't War Stomp yet looking foward to being able to use it though. Any extra abilites is a good ability.

The Dragon priest hisses, "We'd have won, too, if it weren't for thossse meddling kidsss."
>
Re: 100+ active barbarians - sound off 06/07/2006 09:58 AM CDT
<<<I'll just say if you're 100th and mammoths = death then need mroe training mammoths aren't that deadly to higher circles. Deadly yes, insanely deadly no. Using War stomp would have a good affect on it. Plus if bone mammoths are UNDEAD they are bugged. Recent invasion i cast with my ranger Plague of Scvanagers and they reactive as very much alive. So maybe they're just cursed like Adan'f.>>>

I'm not exactly sure from what experience you're drawing your conclusions from. As someone considerably over 100th, I can personally vouch that mammoths are extremely hard to deal with. Massive stamina, charging power, and considerable damage dealing make them some of the hardest creatures in the entire game to deal with.

As far as POS goes, it works on CORPOREAL undead. Undead does not mean ghost. Zombies are corporeal undead.

Iayn, I would in no way suggest that it should be a top priority. I agree completely. Its presence or lack has not affected me one bit. To see it become something useful would be icing, not cake.

Two things to say about your last reply...

1) If dropping the success potential from 10 mammoths to 4 mammoths but it has a higher effect is an option, by all means go for it. I'm dead with 10 anyway. Hell I'm most likely dead with 4 (and while there are a few people out there more capable than I, I do have confidence in saying not many).

2) I'd love to hear suggestions from all of you out there on how this might be expanded in a way that doesn't step beyond the boundries Iayn has set forth. Even something that might make it a semi-useful novelty would be nice.

Thanks for all your hard work. I don't say that often enough. I don't say much of anything usually.
Re: 100+ active barbarians - sound off 06/07/2006 11:03 AM CDT
Well I drawn my experiance from the recent invasions i've been in. Was able to dance with two bone mammoths and I by far don't consider myself capable of a fighter. Never said they are easy to kill. They are tough cookies by far. Deadly can be instant death, i'll still say not so.

<<As far as POS goes, it works on CORPOREAL undead. Undead does not mean ghost. Zombies are corporeal undead.>>

This I'm aware of. There was a comment on Bone mammoths being undead. IF they were undead they would be corporeal if they can be hit with normal weapons without bless. So if they were truely undead then Plague of Scvanagers should work. Since it didn't I really don't consider them Undead at all. Cursed maybe. Anyone can correct me on that point.

The Dragon priest hisses, "We'd have won, too, if it weren't for thossse meddling kidsss."
>
Re: 100+ active barbarians - sound off 06/07/2006 11:24 AM CDT
I think your confused Alyden. ::Points to thread title::

Strangeguard Prayermaster
Re: 100+ active barbarians - sound off 06/07/2006 11:58 AM CDT
I didn't grab bone mammoths for that demonstration for any reason other than they were big and bad critters. Similar results would happen with any group of critters that are a challenge to a 100+ barbarian, more opponents make roars less viable and war stomp a better option.

Gamemaster Iayn
Barbarian Liaison
Re: 100+ active barbarians - sound off 06/07/2006 12:00 PM CDT
<<Iyan, can you just tell us from records how many?

Sure, I'll take a look into it.

Gamemaster Iayn
Barbarian Liaison
Re: 100+ active barbarians - sound off 06/07/2006 03:43 PM CDT
Mags... they hijacked the crap out of your thread. In this moment of chaos, care to show me your signature?

-Fuquois-

"I've been too rich in my words and too cheap in my wine."
-Wildebeeste