Hydra Dance - Great Cleave/Cleave or something. 03/01/2004 05:24 AM CST
How about something that allows you to attack multiple opponents at melee of you, the more opponents at melee, the more inner fire it drain per hit or something. You just activate the dance and it helps you drastically when hunting in crowded room, but the catch is you can use it while berserking, so if you're in a tight situation, you just dance and bam/bam/bam/bam/bam. It'd be something like..

feint
< Moving well, you feint a scimitar at a cougar. A cougar fails to dodge, moving directly into the blow. The scimitar lands a brushing hit to the cougar's chest.
[You're incredibly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]
< You feint a scimitar at a cougar. A cougar attempts to dodge, taking the full blow. The scimitar lands a harmless strike to the cougar's left arm.
[You're incredibly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]
draw
< Moving well, you step backward and then slice at a cougar. A cougar fails to evade, moving directly into the blow. The scimitar lands a strong hit that just barely penetrates the skin to nick the stomach ('Tis but a scratch!), barely stunning it.
[Roundtime 3 sec.]
< Moving well, you step backward and then slice at a cougar. A cougar attempts to evade, moving directly into the blow. The scimitar lands a solid hit to the cougar's left leg.
[Roundtime 3 sec.]
sweep
< Timing it well, you sweep a scimitar at a cougar. A cougar fails to evade, moving directly into the blow. The scimitar lands a good hit to the cougar's left arm.
[You're incredibly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 4 sec.]
< Moving well, you sweep a scimitar at a wild boar. A wild boar attempts to evade, moving directly into the blow. The scimitar lands a solid hit that nicks the boar's left forearm.
[You're winded, incredibly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 4 sec.]
slice
< Attacking forcefully, you slice a scimitar at a cougar. A cougar attempts to evade, failing miserably. The scimitar lands a solid hit that scratches it in a slash from behind, lightly stunning it.
[Roundtime 3 sec.]
< Moving well, you step backward and then slice at a cougar. A cougar fails to evade, moving directly into the blow. The scimitar lands a strong hit that just barely penetrates the skin to nick the stomach ('Tis but a scratch!), barely stunning it.
[Roundtime 3 sec.]
You move into a position to parry.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

Also, you could call it War Swing, Cleave.. A lot of names for abilites and give it different functions, I dunno, this is my two cents though. It seems like every guild has crowd control. This would also give pole arms a drastic advantage for barbarians and make them half-viable for 100th circle, because once you get there you're just crazy attacking. "Being able to hit all and pole-weapon range" This has been talked about a lot, I just put it in words. <g>

Another advantage might be opponents are unable to get you at a flank or something. Or, the less opponents, average being three, gives a damage increase but the less opponents, "singling one" gives a massive damage increase. So it's like a focused strike that has the diversity to be multiply focused. or something... Thats my two cents. <g>

Bei-

"What do you mean the one foot tall tog in a pumpkin orange coat won you in the spar??.."
"You shuldve been dere! He wuz so quick culdnt even see duh stoopid booger."

-two roaches in bandana's holding knives-
Roach1: "They're crossing on your teritory man."
Roach2: "You better step back or else I'll.. I'll cut you. I'll cut you so good you'll wish I didn't.. didn't cut you so good!"
- Family Guy
Re: Hydra Dance - Great Cleave/Cleave or something. 03/01/2004 08:20 AM CST
Ignore the draw in the slice section. <g>

-two roaches in bandana's holding knives-
Roach1: "They're crossing on your teritory man."
Roach2: "You better step back or else I'll.. I'll cut you. I'll cut you so good you'll wish I didn't.. didn't cut you so good!"
- Family Guy
Re: Hydra Dance - Great Cleave/Cleave or something. 03/02/2004 05:31 PM CST
>>-two roaches in bandana's holding knives-
>>Roach1: "They're crossing on your teritory man."
>>Roach2: "You better step back or else I'll.. I'll cut you. I'll cut you so good >>you'll wish I didn't.. didn't cut you so good!"
>>- Family Guy

Those are some bad roaches.

-Barimor

S! S is for swords! Sharp swords! Sharp swords to stab in skulls! HAHAHAHA! WE LOVE S! S IS FOR ALL THE GOOD STUFF! YAY S!
Re: Hydra Dance - Great Cleave/Cleave or something. 03/03/2004 05:56 PM CST
>Those are some bad roaches.

Family guy r00ls.

Family guy > south park

Family guy = only good part of adult swim (girl from sea lab 2020 is ok, and bender is cool too)

"Diamonds, because she'll have to."

Tessaa
Re: Hydra Dance - Great Cleave/Cleave or something. 03/03/2004 09:48 PM CST
<<Family guy = only good part of adult swim (girl from sea lab 2020 is ok, and bender is cool too)

Do you ever use your brain before you post?

All of Adult swim Comedy is great(except for Spaceghost: C2C) and Action is good too if you ignore Inuyusha and Big O(They should bring back Lupin III)

-Berserker Sigmer Heldnhammer-
"Hey Ironsides, I'm not the mechanic here. I mostly just hurt people"
Re: Hydra Dance - Great Cleave/Cleave or something. 03/03/2004 11:15 PM CST
None of which has to do with Barbarian Stomps. Back on topic.

GM Jaedren
Events Team
P1 Events Lead &
Team Barbarian
Interim Liaison
Re: Hydra Dance - Great Cleave/Cleave or something. 03/04/2004 05:40 AM CST
>>None of which has to do with Barbarian Stomps. Back on topic.

But the Griffins are Irish. The Irish are descended from the Celts. Celtic warriors worked themselves into a frenzy a la berserking barbarians, and I'm sure they stomped around when angry, so therefore it is perfectly relevant. ;)

-Steinn-

"[A Barbarian's] lust for gold is immense, their love of drink boundless. Barbarians are without restraint... Although generally they are considered good-looking." -Herwig Wolfram, The History of the Goths
Re: Hydra Dance - Great Cleave/Cleave or something. 03/04/2004 08:34 AM CST
<<But the Griffins are Irish. The Irish are descended from the Celts. Celtic warriors worked themselves into a frenzy a la berserking barbarians, and I'm sure they stomped around when angry, so therefore it is perfectly relevant. ;)

No good sir, Peter Griffiths is African American. His wife may be Irish though.
:-D
I Heart Family Guy. Sorry J, I just had to.

player of Warneck
Re: Hydra Dance - Great Cleave/Cleave or something. 03/04/2004 03:20 PM CST
Peter is Black Irish.

War Stomp needs work since Balance has been messed up with combat. It's not a viable ability to use since there are better ways to make their balance worse at a greater distance.

Genneron
AIM: Genneron

Li Tumbra Mir: The Order of the Iron Circle
http://home.comcast.net/~fatherjarle/
Re: Hydra Dance - Great Cleave/Cleave or something. 03/08/2004 12:35 PM CST
>>War Stomp needs work since Balance has been messed up with combat. It's not a viable ability to use since there are better ways to make their balance worse at a greater distance.

Yeah, I still don't know why Veyl didn't just reduce the penalty to balance when using the wrong weapon combo instead of greatly reducing the effects of balance as a whole, which completely nerfed two of our abilities including our 100th circle ability.

-Steinn-

"[A Barbarian's] lust for gold is immense, their love of drink boundless. Barbarians are without restraint... Although generally they are considered good-looking." -Herwig Wolfram, The History of the Goths
Re: Hydra Dance - Great Cleave/Cleave or something. 03/11/2004 05:17 PM CST
I think if a 100th circle Barbarian stomped in the same room. Everything should be affected to some degree, I know I'd be standing there in awe.

Genneron
AIM: Genneron

Li Tumbra Mir: The Order of the Iron Circle
http://home.comcast.net/~fatherjarle/
Re: Hydra Dance - Great Cleave/Cleave or something. 03/11/2004 05:23 PM CST
>>I think if a 100th circle Barbarian stomped in the same room. Everything should be affected to some degree, I know I'd be standing there in awe.

I've seen stomping... I've seen Sumo wrestlers stomp. I mean... it's stomping...

I r Empath gigulz look @ my curvaceous body and ample bosom and 98729579283742 pages of crap that serves no purpose. tee hee.
Re: Hydra Dance - Great Cleave/Cleave or something. 03/12/2004 12:14 PM CST
>>I r Empath gigulz look @ my curvaceous body and ample bosom and 98729579283742 pages of crap that serves no purpose. tee hee.

lol ur skerry sur

S! S is for swords! Sharp swords! Sharp swords to stab in skulls! HAHAHAHA! WE LOVE S! S IS FOR ALL THE GOOD STUFF! YAY S!
Re: Hydra Dance - Great Cleave/Cleave or something. 03/13/2004 01:58 PM CST
Remember DR is not real life, hence the elves and magic. A stomp here isn't a stomp there. A barbarian's stomp should split the earth open into a huge chasm which all the heathen mages fall down to their doom. Or something like that :P

Mercenary Cerrebus

Tremble and despair mortals, Doom has come to your world!

Good...Bad...I'm the one with the gun.

Ride out and meet them; for death and glory! For Rohan and your people!

I know Kung-Fu.
Re: Hydra Dance - Great Cleave/Cleave or something. 03/13/2004 02:51 PM CST
How about a stomp style brawling move that does hella damage it hits and knocks em prone with a stun, Crane Kick style Stomp! Have to be dancing swan to do it.

- Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can, And the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Re: Hydra Dance - Great Cleave/Cleave or something. 03/13/2004 08:24 PM CST
>Have to be dancing swan to do it.

How bout we have to dance swan while holding an albatross feather in our left hand and wearing the War Hawk title while grouped with exactly three people, at least one of whom must be a gnome.

Yes, I know you didn't mean anything like that. I just felt like expressing my opinion of what I see as arbitrary hoops we must navigate in order to use our skills to their potential. I promise I'll get over it as soon as all other guilds are similarly constrained by the titles they wear.

For our 100th circle abilities, how about things that just work, like the other guilds have. Fire shard cares not for title, neither should war stomp.

Just one Barb's opinion.

Gruesome
Re: Hydra Dance - Great Cleave/Cleave or something. 03/13/2004 09:53 PM CST
LOL Gruesome, the entire thing was a joke.

- Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can, And the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Re: Hydra Dance - Great Cleave/Cleave or something. 03/13/2004 10:20 PM CST
I know, but within the humor was a kernel of truth. I think too many of our skills have drawbacks and would like at least our 100th circle abilities to be free of them. Let's have stomps where you don't have to dance, or wear a certain title, or be grouped with someone, or hold a particular weapon, or be perfectly balanced, or not dance, or not be able to berserk.

Roars have a laundry list of checks. Dances you can't do if you want to berserk. Berserk you can't do when dancing. I would like for our 100th circle abilities to give is a break from all that, for a change.

I think we should base them on the very basic idea that if you have the skill and the fire you can pull it off as well as your skill and stats allow it to be done.

Oh yeah, and make some more guild titles that begin with the letter G, so that I can resume being alliterative.

Just one Barb's opinion.

Gruesome