Death Drain - 100th ability thought 02/13/2004 10:16 AM CST
Hrm...

>look
[Northeast Vineyard, Farmhouse]
Nestled at the base of a terraced hillside, a small stone farmhouse seems caught in a struggle with the tendrils of ivy which seek to pull it down. Though the farmhouse survives, the outcome of the battle is really not in doubt. The ivy has already pulled over half the chimney, now a pile of rust-colored bricks lying in an untidy heap on the west side of the house. To the north, a path leads to a small building behind the house, while a trail to the south leads back into the forest. You also see a big rat, a big rat, a bit rat, a big rat, and a big rat.
Obvious paths: north.

>health
Your body feels at full strength.
Your spirit feels full of life.
You have a fist-sized hole in your neck, a boo boo on your chest, an owie on your left leg, a scrape on your right leg, and a stick poking out of your eye.
You have no significant injuries.

>roar drain
You lay your head back and roar the Death Drain roar. You feel a tugging in your chest and watch wild-eyed as your foe fall helplessly to the ground and cease movement. You suddenly feel much healthier.

>A big rat collapses to the ground and stops moving.
A big rat collapses to the ground and stops moving.

>health
Your spirit feels full of life.
You have some minor abrasions to the neck.
You have no significant injuries.

Kind of kills everything in the room and drains thier 'inner fire' to combine with yours and heals you. <shrugs>

~~Fout Pouz moi, Zien paz moi~~
'Everything for me, nothing from me'

~The mind behind Raydell and many~
Re: Death Drain - 100th ability thought 02/13/2004 10:35 AM CST
Even though I am not a barbarian I think that sounds like a great idea for a barb ability.

http://www.drtraders.net/gallery
Re: Death Drain - 100th ability thought 02/13/2004 10:53 AM CST
<<>roar drain
You lay your head back and roar the Death Drain roar. You feel a tugging in your chest and watch wild-eyed as your foe fall helplessly to the ground and cease movement. You suddenly feel much healthier.

>A big rat collapses to the ground and stops moving.
A big rat collapses to the ground and stops moving.>>

Probably just me, but if I kill a room full of critters I would like to use a weapon for the experience, maybe more like a whirlwind attack that cuts of their heads.

Would be nice to be able to wear them on a belt too but that is another topic.
Re: Death Drain - 100th ability thought 02/13/2004 11:32 AM CST
>whirlwind attack that cuts of their heads.

That would be sweet...

>ninja power

In blinding flash, you draw your blade and totally flip out, cutting the heads off of all your enemies!

-Merdell's player
Re: Death Drain - 100th ability thought 02/13/2004 11:52 AM CST
>>A higher dance that gives an increase to magic defense specifically against MB maybe.

Like a super dance that puts even Dragon to shame.....you would have to call it something scary....something way better than a dragon......there is only one thing I can think of......

Dance Arjen
Re: Death Drain - 100th ability thought 02/13/2004 11:59 AM CST
<<Dance Arjen >>

And instead of learning it from a pit master you have to buy it from a local trader!!
Re: Death Drain - 100th ability thought 02/13/2004 12:59 PM CST
maybe call it the nekid drunken dwarf dance, thats scary

http://www.drtraders.net/gallery
Re: Death Drain - 100th ability thought 02/13/2004 02:09 PM CST
Sounds too necromanticish, like a combined Death's Shriek and draining thing that is a little too magic related.

-Ruffles

Always highly controversial, never watered down.
http://eyezmaze.com/grow/grow.swf
Re: Death Drain - 100th ability thought 02/13/2004 02:31 PM CST
>like a combined Death's Shriek and draining thing that is a little too magic related.

no mana, no magic
Re: Death Drain - 100th ability thought 02/13/2004 02:35 PM CST
<<no mana, no magic >>

Heh, your draining from one being to another. I'd say, a meditation and probably not even that type of ability. Doesn't sound Barbarian-like.

-Ruffles

Always highly controversial, never watered down.
http://eyezmaze.com/grow/grow.swf
Re: Death Drain - 100th ability thought 02/13/2004 04:45 PM CST
>Doesn't sound Barbarian-like.

voodoo shamans are barbaric
what about candomble
Re: Death Drain - 100th ability thought 02/13/2004 04:46 PM CST
It could be a god given ability too. Making it supernatural, non magical, and barbaric.
Re: Death Drain - 100th ability thought 02/13/2004 11:18 PM CST
It was just a thought... figured it would be nice to have a way to heal yourself while killing everything. Berserk kinda does that by boosting your vitality up. So, instead of scaring the poop out of them, you just scare the 'inner fire' out of them <grins>

~~Fout Pouz moi, Zien paz moi~~
'Everything for me, nothing from me'

~The mind behind Raydell and many~
Re: Death Drain - 100th ability thought 02/19/2004 10:17 PM CST
The whole draining thing should be better left for the Necromancers. Here's a new idea and hopefully an original one.

Meditation (Warrior's Blood)

This meditation prepares the warrior to better face an opponent he has faced in the past by providing a certain bonus against that specific creature.

Type of creature one can specify would be limited by your circle. I.E. a 5th circle barb can choose
name of meditation and creatures name. (med war blo goblin).

Set a counter so that the system can determine if you have encountered that creature before. If you have fought against that creature, you understand their fighting style and know how to better prepare against them.

PS: I couldn't finish my thought, feeling a bit sea sick right about now, (pout).

War Hawk Catullus, the land lover that has been stranded on a ship too long.
Re: Death Drain - 100th ability thought 02/20/2004 02:35 PM CST
Whirlwind attack that gave like 10 second RT and attacked everything in room with whatever weapon you currently had in your right hand would be pretty sweet.

Tessaa
Re: Death Drain - 100th ability thought 02/20/2004 05:14 PM CST
I'd actually love to be able to affect adjacent rooms with my roars again. That was always fun stunning everything within earshot with Trothfang. ::drool::

-Barimor

S! S is for swords! Sharp swords! Sharp swords to stab in skulls! HAHAHAHA! WE LOVE S! S IS FOR ALL THE GOOD STUFF! YAY S!