War stomp does what now? 11/08/2003 07:40 AM CST
I've been following this thread for a while now, and I still don't know what war stomp does. Anyone wanna shed some light on the situation for me?
Re: War stomp does what now? 11/08/2003 10:37 AM CST
War stomp unbalances creatures at melee with you at the cost of some inner fire, at pole as well for an extra dose of inner fire.

Anger the earth does more for less IMO. I havn't come across one situation that war stomp might be useful for me. The powers that be seem to think its just fine the way it is so I must be missing some crucial understanding of the ability.

*Sassy
Re: War stomp does what now? 11/08/2003 12:44 PM CST
With Anger the Earth --

You assess your combat situation...

A war mammoth (1: incredibly balanced) is behind you at pole weapon range.
A war mammoth (2: incredibly balanced) is behind you at pole weapon range.

>roar anger
Your teacher's voice echoes in your thoughts. "The earth is not alive. It cannot truly feel anger. You, however, can." Remembering that lesson and the form of intimidation you must use, you release a low, brutal roar.
A war mammoth laughs off your pitiful attempt to make it second-guess its footing.
A war mammoth laughs off your pitiful attempt to make it second-guess its footing.
>

With War Stomp --

A war mammoth (1: solidly balanced) is behind you at pole weapon range.
A war mammoth (2: solidly balanced) is behind you at pole weapon range.

>stomp enormous
A war mammoth pulls itself up in readiness to attack.
>
A white flame fills your vision as you summon forth every ounce of energy you can spare. All of your battle rage, all of your hate, all of your joy -- everything you think and feel makes the flame burn brighter. Bending every fiber of your being to the War Stomp, you drop to your knees, slamming the base of your scimitar to the ground with a singular vision of your enemies falling before you.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
You stand back up.
The ground underfoot a war mammoth shakes with the fury of your strike, forcing it to adjust its footing.
The ground underfoot a war mammoth shakes with the fury of your strike, forcing it to adjust its footing.

A war mammoth (1: badly balanced) is behind you at pole weapon range.
A war mammoth (2: badly balanced) is behind you at pole weapon range.

Same factors for both tests. Full IF/Voice. Main weapon in hand. 105th circle Barbarian. Just a quick example of how War Stomp could be more effective than Anger.

GM Jaedren
Events Team &
Team Barbarian
Interim Liaison
Re: War stomp does what now? 11/08/2003 12:54 PM CST
Two war mamoths at the same time and you wouldn't rather dance dragon?
Re: War stomp does what now? 11/08/2003 12:56 PM CST
Also, if you were dancing dragon in your test, and your charisma is decent, would the mamoths have laughed off anger to begin with?

Plus, did you have the stupid title up?
Re: War stomp does what now? 11/08/2003 01:08 PM CST
<<Also, if you were dancing dragon in your test, and your charisma is decent, would the mamoths have laughed off anger to begin with?>>

Certainly possible. Then again, they might not have. I specifically chose Mammoths knowing they generally don't get to melee, thus making the distance penalty a factor in the roar. Ultimately, this question doesn't apply, as I could simply add another mammoth or two (until they DO laugh it off). The quick point I was making was that there ARE situations in which War Stomp will be more effective than Anger. It was not intended to be a blanket statement that War Stomp > Anger the Earth.

<<Plus, did you have the stupid title up? >>

I haven't qualified for Stupid yet. :/

GM Jaedren
Events Team &
Team Barbarian
Interim Liaison
Re: War stomp does what now? 11/08/2003 01:17 PM CST
I see now and the very next time I have multiple mammoths after me I will consider using stomp, assuming I'm not dancing or wanna reserve the option to berserk.

Or maybe I'll just run away.
Re: War stomp does what now? 11/08/2003 02:29 PM CST
The two mammoths in the Anger test were incredibly balanced to start. The two in the stomp test were solid to start.

I don't know if that matters or not.

-Teeklin Tessenoak, Proud Ranger of Elanthia

It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything.
Re: War stomp does what now? 11/08/2003 03:59 PM CST
>The two mammoths in the Anger test were incredibly balanced to start. The two in the stomp test were solid to start.

>I don't know if that matters or not.

It does, them being incredibly balanced makes it harder to pull off Anger the Earth.

But after Jaedren's second post, I believe he was trying to show there are different factors in the success of the two abilities. For one, multiple opponents might not be a factor in War Stomp, where as thats a pretty big factor in a roar.

Dragoonseal
Re: War stomp does what now? 11/08/2003 04:29 PM CST
<<The quick point I was making was that there ARE situations in which War Stomp will be more effective than Anger>>

Ok so now lets be realistic about the situation heh
Re: War stomp does what now? 11/08/2003 09:10 PM CST
Jaedren, can I have the stupid title, please?

>Stupid Raydell arrives.
>Raydell giggle, slobbering a little.
>Stupid Raydell just went east.

--Raydell et al.

"Well folks, you know what that means... now I'll do a dance."
Re: War stomp does what now? 11/11/2003 03:07 PM CST
Do war Mammoths come into a room at incredible balance? I just remember them walking by and charging from beyond missile and skewering me. :(

I am --- Navak
Re: War stomp does what now? 12/12/2003 01:50 AM CST
You wouldn't want the Stupid title, because it's a non-guild title like Commander or Captain, so it would nerf your roars.

Is War Stomp also affected by title?

Gruesome
Re: War stomp does what now? 12/12/2003 07:42 AM CST
>>You wouldn't want the Stupid title, because it's a non-guild title like Commander or Captain, so it would nerf your roars.

Posting my response over in roars on this, as more on those lines.

Brabs

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/FatherJarle/index.html

Live by the shield, die by the shield.
Re: War stomp does what now? 04/25/2004 04:07 PM CDT
I had just been wondering what war stomp actually did so I came here and read through a few post. At a first glance it was like...wow.

From Incrediable balance to

A war mammoth (1: badly balanced) is behind you at pole weapon range.
A war mammoth (2: badly balanced) is behind you at pole weapon range.

as per GM Jaedren post involving his test with 2 mammoths and a 105th level barb. I was like now that...will be something to look forward to.

Then I noticed something that made me go...nokay.

>You stand back up.

While its all well and good that the mammoths are now off balance, you mind redoing that test and showing us just how tanked your balance is?

~Lieutenant Ternith Sjomah
Mer'Kresh, Rissan Artillery Corp
____
Yesterday I caught a handicapped guy parking in one of our spots and beat the crap out of him.
Re: War stomp does what now? 04/25/2004 06:56 PM CDT
I don't think stomp knocks you down I think HE got knocked down and used stomp froma prone position to save his butt so he coukd stand back up. Personally the only bonus to stomp over Shriek is that it has fewer checks and it almost always hits. However, it drains IF and Shriek does not do that. I'm also concerned because shriek kneels the enemy and puts them at badly balanced automatically and if you do a wail right after they are stuck in badly balanced. Stomp allows for recovery and does nothing more then a well done shriek. The only difference is that it drain IF ( bad) and it is easier to hit things with. But personally Shriek is easy enough to hit with and I think Stomp needs some more good things to it. But thats my opinion.

Celestica moves a stone mortar labeled "NotCelestiaa" to his right hand.

You tap a hollow ram's horn labeled "NotCelestica" that you are wearing.
Re: War stomp does what now? 04/25/2004 11:33 PM CDT
>I don't think stomp knocks you down I think HE got knocked down and used stomp froma prone position to save his butt so he coukd stand back up.

>A white flame fills your vision as you summon forth every ounce of energy you can spare. All of your battle rage, all of your hate, all of your joy -- everything you think and feel makes the flame burn brighter. Bending every fiber of your being to the War Stomp, you drop to your knees, slamming the base of your scimitar to the ground with a singular vision of your enemies falling before you.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
You stand back up.

____
Yesterday I caught a handicapped guy parking in one of our spots and beat the crap out of him.
Re: War stomp does what now? 04/26/2004 02:15 AM CDT
ugh, never knew it did that TOO.

Genneron
AIM: Genneron
Help me out here, build up my army.
http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=6az3xbi9
Re: War stomp does what now? 04/26/2004 09:10 AM CDT
Does it kill your balance, or is the"you stand back up" part of the move itself......did you stand back up automatically? I could see it working as all one move and come out with pretty good balance if thats the case.

Codiax.
Re: War stomp does what now? 04/26/2004 12:22 PM CDT
I don't know bud thats what I'm asking.

____
Re: War stomp does what now? 04/26/2004 05:22 PM CDT
The ability is useless. I've used it a whole 3x in goblins with all of those times occuring the night I first got it. Take it away and give us a dance that boosts mental stats or gives a boost versus mental blast.
Re: War stomp does what now? 04/26/2004 08:50 PM CDT
That would be awesome.

____
I'm superstitious. Before I have Ternith start training a new weapon, I kill a hobo with a hammer.
Damn hobos....