Post Stomped 04/02/2003 04:27 AM CST
I stomped a post into mush.

If you want to discuss it email me at mod-jacania@play.net or Dr-Cecco@play.net.

Jacania
Re: Post Stomped 04/02/2003 04:34 AM CST
Hmm I thought Stomp was going to be a dwarf only verb! Stomp is how we dance.

Weaponsmith Magdar Bluefletch of M'Riss.

You have deep-set stormy grey eyes and a broken nose. Your bright orange-streaked golden brown hair and beard are worn braided. You have copper skin and a brawny build. You are very tall for a Dwarf.
Re: Post Stomped 04/02/2003 04:44 AM CST
Mines strictly a post stomping ability :)

Jacania
Re: Post Stomped 04/02/2003 07:54 PM CST

I prefer to see it as a huge burst of Inner fire that rocks the entire room, not only unbalancing the people/critters also knocking everyone out of hiding and distrupting all spells that are being preped/possibly screwing up the mana in the room for several minites, hereby making prepping of any spell impossible. This of course would cause all magic users in the room tremendouns pain. YEA!

If it was upta me I would not make it a phisical pounding of the ground but a release of inner fire burning threw the room, sorta like the human torch going Nova. Not nessesarily having to have a weapon to focus our inner power threw. This would effect magic users much worse then it would non-magic users

Maybe a 10 second rt....so run

After all this is a 100th circle ability.

Kerrakus

Re: Post Stomped 04/02/2003 08:37 PM CST
I missed where they said it was a 100th circle ability,all I remeber is them saying he got it first no matter how many people were at the level to recieve it.

Killien
Re: Post Stomped 04/02/2003 11:32 PM CST
>I prefer to see it as a huge burst of Inner fire that rocks the entire room, not only unbalancing the people/critters also knocking everyone out of hiding and distrupting all spells that are being preped/possibly screwing up the mana in the room for several minites, hereby making prepping of any spell impossible. This of course would cause all magic users in the room tremendouns pain. YEA!

> If it was upta me I would not make it a phisical pounding of the ground but a release of inner fire burning threw the room, sorta like the human torch going Nova. Not nessesarily having to have a weapon to focus our inner power threw. This would effect magic users much worse then it would non-magic users

Have it drain all your inner fire and have a difficuly of success similar to a mage overhelming a barb dancing dragon and I'm all for it.
Re: Post Stomped 04/02/2003 11:35 PM CST
<<<Have it drain all your inner fire and have a difficuly of success similar to a mage overhelming a barb dancing dragon and I'm all for it.>>>

The issue with this is mages dont have resistance against barbs, but barbs have BMR. IF overwhelming magic makes sense, magic overwhelming barbs doesnt.
Re: Post Stomped 04/02/2003 11:40 PM CST
>>The issue with this is mages dont have resistance against barbs, but barbs have BMR. IF overwhelming magic makes sense, magic overwhelming barbs doesnt.

The real problem would be that it's INNER fire.

-Frogspawn

Dragonrealms: Thousands of monkeys, thousands of keyboards, still no Shakespeare.
Re: Post Stomped 04/03/2003 12:07 AM CST
<<<

>>The issue with this is mages dont have resistance against barbs, but barbs have BMR. IF overwhelming magic makes sense, magic overwhelming barbs doesnt.

The real problem would be that it's INNER fire.

-Frogspawn
>>>>>

Hey frogspawn, why dont ya run over to the whinemage folders where ya belong, barbs are here <snicker> dont be jealous that we ruin ya silly mages like water ruins toilet paper.

But seriously, since no official statements have been given on war stomp, this is all speculation anyway. Nobody knows at this point (besides the GM's anyway) what its really gonna be about, so lets just wait and see instead of arguin? lol
Re: Post Stomped 04/03/2003 02:43 AM CST
Bring the discussion back on topic and take the nonsense elsewhere. Continued attempts to flame, incite flames, or otherwise generally derail the discussion of WAR STOMPs will be removed.

GM Jaedren
Events Team &
Team Barbarian
Interim Liaison
Re: Post Stomped 04/03/2003 04:58 AM CST
"I missed where they said it was a 100th circle ability,all I remeber is them saying he got it first no matter how many people were at the level to recieve it."

Well it was my impression that there were other people that could hit 100th and could get it but there being made to wait, I assumed it was 100th circle since that was what the celebration was all about. silly me.

Guess I could be wrong, you know what they say about assuming.

But anyway, another idea i was pondering last night...

Something of a smaller burst able to do pretty regularly that would help in combat. Everyone not in your group would be effected, just a short imbalancing/or stunning. Perhaps even being able to make the stomper and his group gain much balance. Id like to see somtinthing we could do effectively while dancing, do to the fact most of us are dancing one thing or another during our hunts.

Kerrakus

Re: Post Stomped 04/03/2003 08:47 AM CST
Could anyone post what was actually said at the celebration about war stomp? I was unable to make the celebration do to a rather unrelenting girlfriend that had to watch My big fat greek wedding. i have all sorts of speculations going through my head but would like to read the log so I can rule out some or all of them, hehe.