Roar Timers 03/10/2016 04:37 PM CST
Would anyone be willing to share what roars share timers with each other please?

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!
Re: Roar Timers 03/11/2016 08:47 PM CST

Yeah, I also had no idea this was a thing.
Re: Roar Timers 03/12/2016 09:06 PM CST
Roar wail someone over and over there are diminishing returns until it resets. Strike unfortunately has the same diminishing returns as wail. I wish they operated separately it would give us a semblance more crowd control. Honestly it doesn't really matter at endgame, to be honest currently endgame pvp only works if the two parties basically agree to not leave the room.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Roar Timers 03/13/2016 11:01 AM CDT

>to be honest currently endgame pvp only works if the two parties basically agree to not leave the room.

I think this is true of all ranges of PvP. Maybe it's time for some mechanic to prevent moving rooms based on PvP actions?
Re: Roar Timers 03/24/2016 12:57 PM CDT

There are mechanics to prevent moving rooms after casting tm spells at least. Not sure how long the timer is but you do get a message about not being able to leave them room for a bit when you try.
Re: Roar Timers 03/28/2016 05:57 PM CDT
Wail of Torment :Fear vs Fortitude
Kuniyo's Strike : Power vs Reflex

This in itself might be the reason to get both roars as if one doesn't land the other might based on the contested stats. This makes the timer irrelevant in regards to why have both.

Re: Roar Timers 03/28/2016 07:59 PM CDT

Why wouldn't you just get the one you were stronger in on the attacker plus side?

Re: Roar Timers 03/28/2016 08:19 PM CDT
Because you don't know your opponents abilities.

Kuniyo's Strike : Power vs Reflex
Offense
Power : Strength/Stamina/Discipline
Defense
Reflexes : Reflex/Agility/Intelligence

Wail of Torment : Fear vs Fortitude
Offense
Fear : Charisma/Strength/Discipline
Defense
Fortitude : Stamina/Discipline/Strength

Note: This is not about end game when everyone has 100+ in all but more as you move up.
Over time different guilds focus on different stats (in general). Having the flexibility to switch between contested stats is very beneficial. Maybe it's just me because I train (generally) all stats up to an equal amount it makes sense. However, if you don't train Charisma (mistake IMO) then you'd want Strike over Wail.

Remember you can forget abilities by end game to reconfigure what your roars are. I'd think if you want to PVP up to about 170th circle then you'd want both roars depending on who you are fighting. If you are Gor'Tog then you have the luxury of get Kuniyo's Roar only perhaps. Other races, not so much.

If I had to choose only one (which I have now after being able to respec a couple of times) I'd choose Wail of Torment and train Charisma even with other stats because most everyone trains Reflex/Agility/Intelligence over Stamina/Discipline/Strength when you average out their stats. And this coming from a Dwarf with high Str/Sta/Dis because the contest fails more often with Strike. But those times when it doesn't, the rule of PVP is he/she who stuns/immobilizes more wins.

Re: Roar Timers 03/28/2016 09:38 PM CDT
<<Because you don't know your opponents abilities.
>>

Exactly so go with the one YOU are stronger in.

Re: Roar Timers 03/28/2016 11:55 PM CDT
But if you train even stats, the "you" is STRONGEST in both.

I'm starting to see that this is about me and how I train stats and not a general player based concept. Sorry to waste people's time.