Straining the voice 02/15/2014 04:11 AM CST
I've been backtraining a few things with my barbarian, among them debilitation via roaring.
I looked back in this folder all the way to 2011, and didn't see an answer.

I am frequently getting messaging as following:

<<"You strain but are unable to muster the voice necessary to intimidate your foe">>

What would prevent this?
More charisma?
More debilitation skill?
More performance? <I used to train vocals in 2.0 to help with voice recovery, but lost all but 6 ranks because vocals weren't included in performance skill combine of 3.0 except for bards, and I never saw a RP reason for my barbarian to strum a lyre>.

<<If I can't cast thunderclap, you can't summon the dark lord of the abyss to devour the flesh of the innocent>>
Re: Straining the voice 02/15/2014 05:30 AM CST
You have a voice pool and you emptied it out is all. Roars are fueled by our IF and voice pool, depleting either one means we can't roar. Try roaring less often and use roar quiet. I'm not sure how fast the recovery rate is in 3.0, but if you wait 2-3 minutes in between roaring, you'll lock and won't completely drain your pools. Personally, I roar 2 different roars back to back (Everild and Embrace) and do ok.

**Full voice pool (or near full anyways, was in combat when I did this)...
> ROAR
You bare your teeth with fierce pride as a Barbarian's roar thunders from the depths of your spirit!
You feel ready to defeat all challengers. (I think 100% full is something about defeating an entire army)

ROAR QUIET EVERILD
>
The fury of Everild's Rage burns in your soul, and your roar is filled with that fury. Rage intimidates, and fear weakens. Foes shall fall before you, weakened and humiliated by the expression of your strength.
An asaren celpeze appears less confident in its ability to defend itself.
Roundtime: 2 sec.

-Proceeded to roar over and over until I emptied my pool....

**Empty voice pool...
> roar
You bare your teeth with fierce pride as a Barbarian's roar thunders from the depths of your spirit!
You feel completely empty and unable to grasp inspiration.

> roar quiet anger
You strain but are unable to muster the voice necessary to intimidate your foe!