Wail and Strike 09/08/2013 02:01 PM CDT
I was messing around with a buddy, doing a little PvP. It was Squanto vs his 128th paladin. Squanto has 100 strength, discipline, and charisma. I have no idea about the paladin's stats, but I did notice after roaring wail and strike, staggered, then beating on him a bit, they lasted several seconds. After he shook those off, I roared wail and strike again, landing them, and he shook them off basically immediately (1 sec). I thought the next roars were diminishing returns, but not 1 second right away. I tested it again vs a trader with 54 discipline, 50 wisdom and 50 intelligence, and the exact same thing happened.

So I ran some tests (vs the trader):

Wail 3 times in a row (after each immobilize was shaken off): 21 seconds, 11 seconds, 1 second (doing the one one thousand out loud counting technique of the days of yore).

Strike 3 times in a row (after each stun was shaken off): 21 seconds, 10 seconds, 1 second (same counting technique).

Wail, then strike, then wail, then strike (after each debilitating roar wore off): 21 seconds, 11 seconds, 1 seconds, 1 seconds.

It looks like the stuns and immobilizers are working off the same timers when chained together. Is this intended? This was also tested vs the trader with a necromancer with 100s in all challenging stats (and 50 mana preps) for Ice Patch then Petrifying Visions. 21 seconds and 10 seconds for the next debilitating cast.

Trader's stats:

Strength : 57 Reflex : 50
Agility : 58 Charisma : 63
Discipline : 54 Wisdom : 50
Intelligence : 50 Stamina : 56

^ For any pertinent information vs the necromancer.

"If swords ever cross, the Barbarian shall be the one left standing." - Guild Leader Agonar
Re: Wail and Strike 09/08/2013 03:01 PM CDT
Disablers currently use the same timer to prevent people from just using different disablers to nullify the system entirely. I am not sure if the current timers are well balanced as I didn't code them or test them, but it is how things are working for the moment.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Wail and Strike 09/09/2013 12:08 AM CDT
>>It looks like the stuns and immobilizers are working off the same timers when chained together. Is this intended?

Yes.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Wail and Strike 09/09/2013 05:38 AM CDT
Thanks for the info. Now I have to choose which of the two roars to dump. Gotta make room for masteries!

"If swords ever cross, the Barbarian shall be the one left standing." - Guild Leader Agonar
Re: Wail and Strike 10/26/2013 02:04 AM CDT

Well...maybe this should be changed? I mean if not then it is pointless to have both roars, I don't think having one ability should make another pointless at all.
Re: Wail and Strike 10/27/2013 11:46 AM CDT
>I mean if not then it is pointless to have both roars, I don't think having one ability should make another pointless at all.

There are still a couple of reasons to have both. Immobilize and stun give different debuffs. Stun gives a large initial balance hit, so it can be useful even at a reduced duration, and abilities that break crowd control generally break one or the other, not both. Plus, diminishing returns is only a PvP thing.

That's not to say I'd hate to have different CCs on different timers, but that would be hard to balance since not every guild has the same number of CC abilities.
Re: Wail and Strike 10/28/2013 10:53 AM CDT
Not just that, but Strike is vs Fortitude whereas Wail is vs Will.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Wail and Strike 10/28/2013 03:15 PM CDT
I was under the impression that immobilize is vastly inferior to stun?
Re: Wail and Strike 10/28/2013 07:07 PM CDT
>>I was under the impression that immobilize is vastly inferior to stun?

Immobolize is a bigger penalty I believe, I forget if stun has an actual penalty (besides not being able to move). But stun puts you at the worst possible balance which is the penalty. If stun does have a penalty its smaller than immobolize but you have the balance penalty tacked on.

If you can fire off stun first and then immobolize I assume it would be way worse than just one or the other.

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Wail and Strike 10/29/2013 03:23 PM CDT
The effects of immobilize generally feel inferior to stun, especially in PvP for some reason. Maybe the effects of immobilize are impacted more greatly by the strength of the roar/spell, whereas the effects of the stun feel the same regardless of its strength.

It still seems like there are more ways to break a stun than immobilize, though; another reason to have the option.