Roar Quiet Wail and Strike Too Short? 02/28/2013 06:22 AM CST
Roar quiet strike went from about 16-18 seconds on four critters last night (after the tweaks) to 8 seconds this morning. Roar quiet strike is lasting only 7 seconds now. The only thing I changed on my end is charisma went up 1 point to 91. Any chance they can be looked into? For some other data points: roar quiet embrace is lasting about 25 seconds and roar quiet rage is lasting about 25 secs. Any chance on getting roar quiet wail and strike to also last roughly 25 seconds?

"If swords ever cross, the Barbarian shall be the one left standing." - Guild Leader Agonar
Re: Roar Quiet Wail and Strike Too Short? 02/28/2013 07:12 AM CST
I'm seeing the same thing. My roar quiet wail was lasting about two minutes last night (obviously broken), now it's lasting eight seconds. Maybe there was a hotfix for the duration, but it seems way too short.
Re: Roar Quiet Wail and Strike Too Short? 02/28/2013 07:40 AM CST
Just tried again on a field goblin (both roar quiet and single-roar) with full voice, couldn't get a duration more than 7-8 seconds.
Re: Roar Quiet Wail and Strike Too Short? 02/28/2013 02:14 PM CST
Hmm, there were some bugs in the core magic system causing issues, and I tried spot-fixing these roars to not completely break everything. I'll take another look tonight.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Roar Quiet Wail and Strike Too Short? 03/01/2013 06:20 AM CST
>>Wail and Strike are the abilities likely to have seen an adjustment in duration. They should now range from something like 8 seconds to 30 seconds when capped - like all other CC abilities in the game.

Kodius, I tested out these roars in gryphons last night, with only 2 on me, and was still getting the same 8 second results. 593 Debilitation. Shouldn't I be capping on them in the 30ish seconds range? No matter what we seem to test on (Malkien tested on field goblins), we're getting the low end (8 seconds). Those two roars are very useful and I'd love to be able to get more than 8 seconds out of them.

"If swords ever cross, the Barbarian shall be the one left standing." - Guild Leader Agonar
Re: Roar Quiet Wail and Strike Too Short? 03/01/2013 06:49 AM CST
>>>>Wail and Strike are the abilities likely to have seen an adjustment in duration. They should now range from something like 8 seconds to 30 seconds when capped - like all other CC abilities in the game.

When is 8 seconds "capped?" 30 seconds sounds about capped, but I can't get beyond that 8 second threshold no matter the difference in my charisma and their defenses/stats/combat ranks. Even when using Cyclone berserk and a roar helm against goblins, I'm getting 8 seconds.
Re: Roar Quiet Wail and Strike Too Short? 03/01/2013 07:01 AM CST
> When is 8 seconds "capped?"

This could be something like the way it works with spells. With spell disablers, the duration of a complete success goes up when you put more mana into it. Since roars don't use mana, maybe it goes up with IF skill?
Re: Roar Quiet Wail and Strike Too Short? 03/01/2013 07:05 AM CST
>>The issue I have with this is that Barbarian reqs require it be learned at the same pace as primary weapons. Seems pretty harsh.

Squanto has twice my inner fire/debilitation and he's getting the same duration, so there doesn't appear to be scaling of any sort. I am having trouble believing this is how roars are intended to be functioning.
Re: Roar Quiet Wail and Strike Too Short? 03/01/2013 07:09 AM CST
>>This could be something like the way it works with spells. With spell disablers, the duration of a complete success goes up when you put more mana into it. Since roars don't use mana, maybe it goes up with IF skill?

I have 873 IF and the duration of the affect is not going up. Also, 8 seconds is not much time to do much. 2-3 of those seconds is the RT of the roar alone. I agree, 4 mins was long, but 8 seconds leads me to believe there may be an adjustment needed. Also, I have no idea if they are somehow linked, but I am still getting slaughtered while hunting at level, but was not when these roars were at least lasting like 16-18 seconds (so after duration downtweak one like 2 days ago). I don't know if maybe there was a tweak on intercessors or another abilitiy, but it is very noticeable.

Re: Roar Quiet Wail and Strike Too Short? 03/01/2013 10:12 AM CST
I tested wail on 2 assassins and I am getting 10-12 seconds it seems. (roar quiet wail)

I also can confirm that anger the earth doesn't do anything at all anymore. I roared 5 times in a row (roar quiet anger) got this message:

"A Dragon Priest assassin appears startled and uncertain of its footing."

didn't change it's balance a single level.

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Roar Quiet Wail and Strike Too Short? 03/01/2013 10:42 AM CST
Getting 8 seconds on Intercessors with STRIKE for both quiet and single roars at full voice. Something is messed up.

IM: Dannyboy00001111

"Fool proof system do not take into account the ingenuity of fools, nor the power of numbers."
Re: Roar Quiet Wail and Strike Too Short? 03/01/2013 07:50 PM CST
I posted in the other folders... but I'll be investigating roars later this evening.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: Roar Quiet Wail and Strike Too Short? 03/01/2013 08:21 PM CST
Just as a data point, with 99 Debil vs. 4 silver-backed bear, Roar Quiet Rage gave me 23 seconds.

Strength : 20 Reflex : 22
Agility : 20 Charisma : 14
Discipline : 16 Wisdom : 13
Intelligence : 15 Stamina : 23

~The Prydaen~
Re: Roar Quiet Wail and Strike Too Short? 03/01/2013 08:33 PM CST
>>Just as a data point, with 99 Debil vs. 4 silver-backed bear, Roar Quiet Rage gave me 23 seconds.

Might be some sort of rollover error.
Re: Roar Quiet Wail and Strike Too Short? 03/01/2013 08:34 PM CST
>>Might be some sort of rollover error.

Actually I take that back, I tried Rage just now and got 31 seconds on celpeze. Rage seems to be working fine.
Re: Roar Quiet Wail and Strike Too Short? 03/01/2013 09:21 PM CST
looks like roar anger is fixed with your balance fix Kodius, Thanks. 1 down!

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
Re: Roar Quiet Wail and Strike Too Short? 03/01/2013 09:29 PM CST
>>looks like roar anger is fixed with your balance fix Kodius, Thanks. 1 down!

Actually check that, the affect now happens, but duration is only about 5 seconds! :)

Also, I may not understand how this roar works, I assumed you use it, it decreases balance and that is it? It is up to your opponent to gain the balance back. But it appears, that when the affect ends, the opponent goes back to well balanced? Actually it may not be working, oddly it seems to work sometimes and not others...short log below.

>ass
>
You assess your combat situation...

You (adeptly balanced) are facing a Dragon Priest assassin (4) at melee range.
A Dragon Priest assassin (1: solidly balanced) is behind you at missile range.
A Dragon Priest assassin (2: adeptly balanced) is behind you at melee range.
A Dragon Priest assassin (3: adeptly balanced) is behind you at melee range.
A Dragon Priest assassin (4: adeptly balanced) is facing you at melee range.
>roar quiet anger
Your teacher's voice echoes in your thoughts. "The earth is not alive. It cannot truly feel anger. You, however, can." Remembering that lesson and the form of intimidation you must use, you release a low, brutal roar.
A Dragon Priest assassin appears startled and uncertain of its footing.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
>ass
* A Dragon Priest assassin bites at you. You block with a azure-scaled shield.
[You're nimbly balanced and in strong position.]
>
You assess your combat situation...

You (nimbly balanced) are facing a Dragon Priest assassin (4) at melee range.
A Dragon Priest assassin (1: solidly balanced) is behind you at missile range.
A Dragon Priest assassin (2: solidly balanced) is behind you at melee range.
A Dragon Priest assassin (3: nimbly balanced) is behind you at melee range.
A Dragon Priest assassin (4: nimbly balanced) is facing you at melee range.
>
* A Dragon Priest assassin feints to the side at you. You block with a azure-scaled shield.
[You're nimbly balanced and in better position.]
>
* A Dragon Priest assassin feints to the side at you. You block with a azure-scaled shield.
[You're nimbly balanced and in better position.]
>
* A Dragon Priest assassin bites at you. You barely block with a azure-scaled shield.
[You're nimbly balanced with no advantage.]
>
A Dragon Priest assassin growls and shakes off its impaired balance.
>
>
>

note, length was a few seconds.

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
Re: Roar Quiet Wail and Strike Too Short? 03/01/2013 09:49 PM CST
>>Just as a data point, with 99 Debil vs. 4 silver-backed bear, Roar Quiet Rage gave me 23 seconds.

Yup. As the title indicates, the issues we are seeing are not with Rage, but rather Wail and Strike.

Re: Roar Quiet Wail and Strike Too Short? 03/01/2013 10:19 PM CST
>>Yup. As the title indicates, the issues we are seeing are not with Rage, but rather Wail and Strike.

Yeah I also tested Rage and it seems fine - wail for me is ~12 seconds all the time. I will have to test strike.

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
Re: Roar Quiet Wail and Strike Too Short? 03/02/2013 01:59 AM CST
Wail and Strike are the only two roars affected by the recent CC changes. I've fixed them to give proper durations of about 3-25 seconds. Let me know how it goes.

Re: Roar Quiet Wail and Strike Too Short? 03/02/2013 08:02 AM CST
I am getting 17ish seconds on roar quiet wail and 18ish second on roar quiet strike vs intercessors. I am sure that'll improve as my debilitation increases, since it's 594 vs intercessors. I get 23ish seconds with roar quiet strike on 4 gryphons at melee. I get 24ish seconds with roar quiet wail on 4 gryphons at melee. This is with my ghetto counting RT technique. So far, so good! Thanks so much for looking into things and making adjustments.

Re: Roar Quiet Wail and Strike Too Short? 03/02/2013 02:56 PM CST
Yeah, QUIET roaring is harder and will take more ranks to cap than single-targeting them. Gives folks a reason to keep training debilitation higher.