Roar helms/faceplates 02/02/2013 01:11 PM CST
Why are these so bad? The boost seems to be very insignificant. Did something happen in 3.0 or does someone else have different experiences? Any light would be appreciated.
Re: Roar helms/faceplates 02/02/2013 01:56 PM CST
Care to elaborate? The bonus is actually quite large.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Roar helms/faceplates 02/02/2013 02:26 PM CST
>>Why are these so bad?

Mine seems to work well in Plat still. And I haven't heard of any pending changes that I'd expect to change this.

~The Prydaen~
Re: Roar helms/faceplates 02/03/2013 05:00 PM CST
Ive just tested it with and without faceplate, using screech and shriek. My results never change. 3-4 critters i roar will still produce 1-2 that are actually affected by near pain of death. Whether im using the faceplate or not. I guess i dont understand what boost is suppose to be happening? Maybe my charisma is too low? I have 20. Maybe it is something that i will notice more later?
Re: Roar helms/faceplates 02/03/2013 06:19 PM CST
Yeah, I'd definately get more charisma to improve your score. The bonus is a % to your score, so if its low the gain won't be as large.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Roar helms/faceplates 02/03/2013 06:28 PM CST
>>Yeah, I'd definately get more charisma to improve your score. The bonus is a % to your score, so if its low the gain won't be as large.

Interesting. So higher charisma actually boosts the bonus you get from roar helms. Looks like moar charisma for me.
Re: Roar helms/faceplates 02/03/2013 07:07 PM CST
>>Interesting. So higher charisma actually boosts the bonus you get from roar helms. Looks like moar charisma for me.

Charm it up, my Kaldar brother.

Squanto and his fully-grown raccoon, Zinaca.
Re: Roar helms/faceplates 02/03/2013 10:04 PM CST
>>Charm it up, my Kaldar brother.

Indeed brother. My charisma's already my highest stat by 10 points, I might have to make it 15 or 20. I'd like to get it up to ~80 and test it against Leilond's fear barrier, that seems the easiest way to measure how much difference strength and charisma make in roars, point for point.
Re: Roar helms/faceplates 02/04/2013 04:35 PM CST

Ty Kodius. I appreciate your feedback. =D