Roar Voice 01/24/2013 02:26 AM CST
Just a heads up, I'll be increasing the penalty to roaring from having low voice. It involves editing each roar individually, so it could take a few days. Right now only WAIL is modified. I also need to cap the exp gain from roaring multiple enemies. Its a bit too much when you are hitting 3+ right now.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Roar Voice 01/24/2013 08:11 AM CST
<<I also need to cap the exp gain from roaring multiple enemies. Its a bit too much when you are hitting 3+ right now.>>

Please not too much, as it stands I have to roar a while before I lock Debilitation.

- Buuwl
Re: Roar Voice 01/24/2013 04:30 PM CST
>>Please not too much, as it stands I have to roar a while before I lock Debilitation.

>exp debil

Debilitation: 306 28.59% clear (0/34)

>roar quiet shriek
With unrelenting battle fury and sublime confidence, you recall your training in the Death's Shriek technique and voice your power in a roar of true warrior's rage.
An asaren celpeze appears weaker and less sure of its ability to defend with a shield.
An asaren celpeze appears weaker and less sure of its ability to defend with a shield.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
>roar quiet shriek
With unrelenting battle fury and sublime confidence, you recall your training in the Death's Shriek technique and voice your power in a roar of true warrior's rage.
>roar quiet shriek
>roar quiet shriek
>roar quiet shriek
>roar quiet shriek
>exp debil
>exp debil

SKILL: Rank/Percent towards next rank/Amount learning/Mindstate fraction
Debilitation: 306 28.59% riveted (28/34)

Time Development Points: 123 Favors: 10 Deaths: 216 Departs: 114
Overall state of mind: clear
EXP HELP for more information
Re: Roar Voice 01/24/2013 04:34 PM CST
Oh, forgot to explain: from 0 to almost mind lock in 12 seconds. The only way debilitation would be hard to train is if your magic ranks were somehow way higher than your weapons or defenses, and by virtue of the grandfathering method, I think that's almost impossible.
Re: Roar Voice 01/24/2013 05:20 PM CST
With Buuwl I lock it in a heartbeat like you do, with my 30th circle barbarian its a lot harder to get there. So maybe its an endgame issue.

- Buuwl
Re: Roar Voice 01/24/2013 05:26 PM CST
>>With Buuwl I lock it in a heartbeat like you do, with my 30th circle barbarian its a lot harder to get there. So maybe its an endgame issue.

Hmm, I suppose I could see how the way grandfathering scales that could be true.
Re: Roar Voice 01/24/2013 06:49 PM CST
Roar learning should be consistent across circles. I base it on the size of your EXP pool to guarantee it. Harder roars give MUCH better exp, so be sure you keep that in mind when testing...

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Roar Voice 01/24/2013 08:18 PM CST
I mind locked Debilitation from clear in like, 12 secs. So yeah, I agree something should be done.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Roar Voice 01/24/2013 10:10 PM CST
>I mind locked Debilitation from clear in like, 12 secs. So yeah, I agree something should be done.

I agree, that's way too long to lock!

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: Roar Voice 01/24/2013 10:29 PM CST

<<I agree, that's way too long to lock!>>

Should be ten

- Buuwl
Re: Roar Voice 01/25/2013 01:05 PM CST
I did kind of think part of why it learns so fast is because I'm roaring with 440 ranks on a critter that is more than double that range. If tweaks are made I hope it doesn't affect roaring at level drastically. When test first opened it was really really hard to train debilitation.

- Buuwl
Re: Roar Voice 01/25/2013 03:43 PM CST
I'm having no problem training Debilitation at 610 ranks using Anger the Earth every now and then against Intercessors.

Every fifth maneuver I check to see if Deb. is below 30, if it is, I roar quiet anger.