Some more info about roars 10/12/2011 11:44 AM CDT
Today I learned that I can roar three orc clan-chiefs plus a raider five times with no trouble (wail/justice twice on accident, then lash). Which got me thinking how proud I was of my charisma, which lead me to another train of thought.

I understand that the "intimidation" will be using primarily one of the supernatural skillset skills (forgot which on off the top of my head)... Does this mean that when I respec I can not lean SO heavily into charisma to get the similar success of my current roars (I can roar other barbs 25+ circles ahead of me)? If so, what else is charisma good for in a barb?
Re: Some more info about roars 10/12/2011 12:33 PM CDT
>>I understand that the "intimidation" will be using primarily one of the supernatural skillset skills (forgot which on off the top of my head)...

Debilitation will be the skill roars will use in the supernatural skillset. Train it high to increase your own effectiveness in roaring.

>>Does this mean that when I respec I can not lean SO heavily into charisma to get the similar success of my current roars (I can roar other barbs 25+ circles ahead of me)? If so, what else is charisma good for in a barb?

Something like this. I'm assuming most roars will fall under the Fear contest in E3.0. The primary stat for that is charisma, while the secondary is strength. The tertiary is discipline, so training those three strongly should increase your chances of successfully roaring stronger targets, depending on their defensive stats.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Some more info about roars 10/14/2011 10:39 AM CDT
>>I understand that the "intimidation" will be using primarily one of the supernatural skillset skills (forgot which on off the top of my head)... Does this mean that when I respec I can not lean SO heavily into charisma to get the similar success of my current roars (I can roar other barbs 25+ circles ahead of me)? If so, what else is charisma good for in a barb?

You'll need debilitation ranks to get a "capped" roar affect, but I'd still wager heavily on a good charisma score if you have any interest in PvP. The people you would want to roar most (mages, hiders) tend to have high discipline scores.
Malkien