Dragon/Eagle with weapons held in the offhand 07/04/2014 09:30 AM CDT

If this has already been answered somewhere, I'm sorry, but is there any intention on extending the weapon buffs from dragon and eagle to include a weapon held in the offhand?
Re: Dragon/Eagle with weapons held in the offhand 07/04/2014 09:34 AM CDT
Seconded. It'd be nice if dragon buffed the offhand skill, as well.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Dragon/Eagle with weapons held in the offhand 07/04/2014 11:27 AM CDT
I would have to make both spells cost +1 slot if we did that. What about an ability that boosts +Offhand +WeaponSkill for the Offhand weapon for 2 slots?

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Dragon/Eagle with weapons held in the offhand 07/04/2014 11:38 AM CDT
>>What about an ability that boosts +Offhand +WeaponSkill for the Offhand weapon for 2 slots?

Form octopus!

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Dragon/Eagle with weapons held in the offhand 07/04/2014 12:06 PM CDT
Oh that could be cool! Also, Kodius, what if instead of when people want to juggle abilities/spells they pick in their slots and only being able to do 1 ability once a month, you did something like you can repick whatever, but whatever abilities you change cannot be used for 1 IG day (6 hours). So if you learn 5 new abilities, they cannot be activated for 6 hours.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Dragon/Eagle with weapons held in the offhand 07/04/2014 05:49 PM CDT
Much better too just add something. I don't want eagle dragon to cost more.

Don't forget to vote for dragonrealms:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Dragon/Eagle with weapons held in the offhand 07/04/2014 07:37 PM CDT
I agree, a separate ability would be better.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Dragon/Eagle with weapons held in the offhand 07/04/2014 09:49 PM CDT

To clarify, I meant more to let it buff the skill of the weapon in your left hand, not the offhand weapon skill itself.

Any chance we could get it to work like claws of the cougar and just remember and buff the last weapon type that was in your right hand?

Speaking of which, actually, Claws of the Cougar buffs brawling and a held weapon, both at the same time, for the same slot cost of dragon, doesn't it?
Re: Dragon/Eagle with weapons held in the offhand 07/05/2014 12:12 AM CDT
I'll have to figure out what slot cost math we're using this month and get back to you :P

If I did add an offhand buff, any other ideas what it could do? Probably a meditation?

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: Dragon/Eagle with weapons held in the offhand 07/05/2014 02:39 PM CDT
Please don't raise the slot cost of Dragon. Though I do think it's pretty ticky-tack that our buffs don't extend to what's being held in the off-hand, raising the slot cost of Dragon would throw a wrench in mapping our abilities, and we just went through all of this.

All of these discussions highlight that we face much harsher choices on abilities than any other guild by a good margin, it gets to be pretty frustrating.
Re: Dragon/Eagle with weapons held in the offhand 07/05/2014 06:49 PM CDT
Every Guild must struggle with mapping their abilities. I've done it dozens of times for my Warmage this pas month, and as things keep changing it becomes more and more difficult. We are actively listening and working with you to improve the situation.

It is intended that your choices are difficult. It is very important to me that Barbarians are locked into the chosen paths. When major changes take place, we'll address them in turn. That may result in another wipe - it might not.

Almost every MMO and RPG I have played feature ability picking. Some have a respec, many do not. Like this highly lauded RPG I started playing with a friend the other day. WHOOPS, I spec'd the same as the first companion we picked up, and there are only 2 story companions. SUCKS TO BE ME! NO RESPEC SORRY :| Heck, the game doesn't even have a wiki. You're just picking abilities blind half the damn time... still, I find it very fun because it is a challenge and it isn't being baby spoon fed to me. Mages might be OP, but I'll be damned if a duo of 2-hander wielding hausses can't win the day!

Please... do not discount the possibility of respec tokens awarded for work orders, tasks, festivals, events, and quests. Tier 7+ loot won't make players drool forever. At some point the game needs at least a sliver of difficult decisions, and potential rewards that make those decisions easier.

Re: Dragon/Eagle with weapons held in the offhand 07/05/2014 06:51 PM CDT
As for the offhand weapon thing, it just isn't allowed AFAIK. When I originally asked if Dragon could just buff all melee weapon types, I was told no. If time allows I'll bring it back up for discussion.

I do expect it to be a 2-3 evenings of work for me to update, test and release it. So, it isn't like I can flip a switch and make it happen.