Recent form change questions. 05/11/2014 08:05 PM CDT
I came back from a couple of weeks moving and i guess there have been some changes to forms from what i understand. How are they supposed to be working now? My forms that run off of augmentation seem to act completely different from those running off warding when it comes to the exp pool and pulsing. Not sure if it's a bug or intentional just a bit odd.
Re: Recent form change questions. 05/11/2014 08:19 PM CDT
Forms - like all cyclics in 3.1 - no longer teach indefinitely. They will teach once moderately-sized pulse after about 60 seconds of operation. You will then need to stop and restart them to continue learning. Doing so actually teaches faster/better than just letting them run previously.. so in theory you could mind lock much faster, with the added hassle.

To help alleviate the disruptino from this, there is a new MEDITATE RESEARCH option that will allow you to research any barbarian ability and gain experience for doing so. Experience awarding for Berserks and Meditations was increased slightly to also help compensate for this. Roars were unaffected.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Recent form change questions. 05/11/2014 08:53 PM CDT
I am not sure augmentation forms are working like warding forms. Warding requires stopping and starting while augmentation goes form 0 to ML in about 4 minutes and seems to pulse about every 30 seconds or so. Not complaining just seems weird.
Re: Recent form change questions. 05/11/2014 08:57 PM CDT
Which Form? It sounds like a bug.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: Recent form change questions. 05/11/2014 09:08 PM CDT

With IF and AUG in the 580 range I usually put up 3 forms, bear, monkey, piranha wait a couple of minutes and get mind locked. I seem to stay that way just like before 3.1.
Re: Recent form change questions. 05/11/2014 09:32 PM CDT
I know bear locks me in about 2 minutes and pulses every 30 seconds.
Re: Recent form change questions. 05/11/2014 09:56 PM CDT
Well, thank you for reporting that. It should now be fixed.

Re: Recent form change questions. 05/11/2014 10:48 PM CDT
Hah, I noticed that too but forgot to post.

Oh, and boo. :P

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: Recent form change questions. 05/12/2014 01:15 PM CDT
when was MEDITATE RESEARCH put in? I've been back training for the last 4 months after returning from 4 years off, right now I'm still working on non combat skills and wasn't sure how i was going to get debilitation caught back up but MEDITATE RESEARCH makes it doable.