save the last dance... 01/23/2013 08:58 AM CST
I was pleased that when I logged in a barbarian I hadn't played for a long time he was still under the influence of the Panther dance, so I was able to have one last dance.... before it ended, with its usual messaging. :-)

This particular character I haven't played seriously since the last time the barbarian requirements changed years ago, so having him finally grandfathered up to the skills he should have for his circle was a pleasant occasion.

He's still pretty far down in some things though. Back in the day, barbarians didn't train shield very much, and he is primarily a bow-using barbarian. So.... He'll still have to backtrain to make use of the new set-ups and combat. But he's in a better position than he was before, where he would have had to make up hundreds of ranks for his present circle.

So, he's playable again.

One question though, for the forms, he did choose eagle and owl forms - ; since there are no dances any more, which forms are required to be utilized for dual load?

<<The real thing DR needs is to get out there to the kids who actually read books.>>
Re: save the last dance... 01/23/2013 09:19 AM CST
>>which forms are required to be utilized for dual load?

Dual load is inactive at the moment. It's going to be a feat in 3.0 that will probably cost one ability slot. I do not believe it will require any specific form to be active.
Re: save the last dance... 01/29/2013 09:15 AM CST
I hope once it goes active, it can also be a more viable training tool. As it was, I found that the 2nd shots were the equivalent of a snap-shot, which well, very rarely ever hit anything when hunting at level.

Don't make accounts while under the influence - it may lead to ridiculous spelling errors.
Re: save the last dance... 01/29/2013 03:30 PM CST
>>I hope once it goes active, it can also be a more viable training tool. As it was, I found that the 2nd shots were the equivalent of a snap-shot, which well, very rarely ever hit anything when hunting at level.

Dual load was incredible for training, actually, I miss it already. The thing you have to keep in mind is that with aim bonus, "at level" can be a wide range of critters. Often the first shot with full aim will stun the critter anyways, giving the second a great chance to hit. If you found a critter in the sweet spot, you could lock bow in under five minutes.
Re: save the last dance... 01/29/2013 04:25 PM CST
I feel the same way about whirlwind. Not locking in 5 minutes, but incredible training tool. I want Dervish!

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Forging Grand Master of M'Riss
Re: save the last dance... 01/30/2013 11:06 AM CST
I literally never used to hit w/ the second arrow - regardless of balance of critter. Then again, as you said - at level is certainly a wide-range of critters.

As to the first shot being a stunning shot - I was under the impression that both shots were fired simultaneously, what I mean is, both shots are fired at exactly the same balance/health/whatever.

If the first shot stuns them, it didn't matter I thought.

Regardless, I'm glad you guys found it useful to train with. Here's hoping to the same in 3.0!

(off topic alert!) I'm going to make a post in a different folder regarding peoples choices for all skills, but before I do, I'm wondering if we'll have the option of unlearning and changing skills forever? I'd hate to be stuck with something now that isn't useful compared to something else, or unable to have enough points to get other things down the road (dervish/dual load/neck snapping/etc.).

Don't make accounts while under the influence - it may lead to ridiculous spelling errors.
Re: save the last dance... 01/30/2013 09:13 PM CST
I am anticipating the ability to unlearn an ability every 3 months to start. We'll see how that works out for folks.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: save the last dance... 01/30/2013 09:27 PM CST
>>I am anticipating the ability to unlearn an ability every 3 months to start. We'll see how that works out for folks.

That sounds really awesome.
Re: save the last dance... 01/30/2013 09:50 PM CST
>> the ability to unlearn an ability every 3 months to start. We'll see how that works out for folks. >

Can this three month cool down get turned on after maneuvers get released please?

- Buuwl
Re: save the last dance... 01/31/2013 07:24 AM CST

>I am anticipating the ability to unlearn an ability every 3 months to start. We'll see how that works out for folks.

Tsunami's description might need a bit of updating; it reads "Swept up in the rage of battle, a barbarian can deflect strong blows, and shirk off lesser ones entirely.", which to me, doesn't really imply 'boosts weapon balance and suitability'.

Any chance the preview end can get a 24 hr notice?