Swan 01/12/2011 01:03 AM CST
Question. When someone hits 10th circle, what exactly are they supposed to ask Agonar in order to discover that there are these things called dances and there's one called Swan I can go look for?
Re: Swan 01/12/2011 01:09 AM CST
>>Question. When someone hits 10th circle, what exactly are they supposed to ask Agonar in order to discover that there are these things called dances and there's one called Swan I can go look for?

That's above Agonar's pay grade, you'll have to ask the man upstairs. No, really... You're supposed to spend more time hanging out in bars, more or less. Specifically, the guild bar in Crossing.

Ogdaro
"Take chances and see what you can get away with, it only costs you a favor or two if you mess up." -Issus
Re: Swan 01/12/2011 07:25 AM CST
If someone hasn't directed you to Elanthipedia, go there now.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Clerics are on the sectual radar.

Just to be clear - I didn't do it. Not sure who did, but it wasn't me.

- GM Raesh
Re: Swan 01/12/2011 11:05 AM CST
Amusingly, Elanthipedia doesn't tell you how to get the dance. I had to go to Phii's site for that.

And no, Caraamon, I am in fact too lazy to copy and paste that over. I'll get around to doing it after my Barbarian is 30th. Should happen in a few weeks.
Re: Swan 01/12/2011 11:11 AM CST
>>Amusingly, Elanthipedia doesn't tell you how to get the dance. I had to go to Phii's site for that.

http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/Swan_Dance

Teacher: Nightlark -> http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/Nightlark_(NPC%29

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Also: Moo.
Re: Swan 01/12/2011 11:25 AM CST
Wow. A random NPC name that has absolutely no context whatsoever. That's helpful.

The fun part is that I've gotten the Swan dance at least twice before. And I still have no recollection of this woman. Clearly an important part of the Barbarian Guild.
Re: Swan 01/12/2011 11:33 AM CST
<<Wow. A random NPC name that has absolutely no context whatsoever. That's helpful.

Did you actually read the two pages linked, Devan? There's no step by step hand holding directions, but there is most definitely context.

The ability page tells you exactly who teaches it complete with a link to their elanthipedia page. That page tells you which city they're in complete with a link to the map. A little exploration from that point will take you there. Perfect? No. A huge sign pointing in the right direction? Yes.

-Evran

"RAGE + TEAR + EYE + RESO + HARM + DRUM + MISD + PRIDE + Your choice of Cyclic + AoE stun/knockdown as needed without losing buffs = OMG! I just crapped my pants!" -Evran
Re: Swan 01/12/2011 12:19 PM CST
>>The fun part is that I've gotten the Swan dance at least twice before. And I still have no recollection of this woman. Clearly an important part of the Barbarian Guild.

Slight derail, but having gotten most of the dances a ton of times over the years I have to say, I've always wanted some more depth to the pit masters.

I'm not sure whether they'll be sticking around after the guild rewrite, but if they do, I hope we can get some more background on each of them. Also more about the structure or hierarchy that exists between Guildleaders and Pit Masters (assuming there is one) would be interesting.

Ogdaro
"Take chances and see what you can get away with, it only costs you a favor or two if you mess up." -Issus
Re: Swan 01/12/2011 12:50 PM CST
<<I've always wanted some more depth to the pit masters.>>

Rushleel.

<<Also more about the structure or hierarchy that exists between Guildleaders and Pit Masters (assuming there is one) would be interesting.>>

The Pit Masters are at the same level of importance within the guild as Guildleaders are. It's more a matter of specialization instead of generalization in their cases. Nightlark, Drathok, Raellia, Yutwian, etc were so competent in their respective specializations that they instead were placed into a position of Pit Master. This is one reason that Raellia went rogue quite a few years ago. A feeling that it was a lower position, rather than a lateral shift. (The guild leadership views it as a lateral shift in the majority of cases)

GM Jaedren
Re: Swan 01/12/2011 01:43 PM CST
>>Rushleel.

Was/is a good start, I agree. I'd love to see each of the Pit Masters themselves fleshed out with questions they could be asked as well, however. Things like that.

>>The Pit Masters are at the same level of importance within the guild as Guildleaders are. It's more a matter of specialization instead of generalization in their cases. Nightlark, Drathok, Raellia, Yutwian, etc were so competent in their respective specializations that they instead were placed into a position of Pit Master.

Good to know, thanks!

One thing I'd like to know about them is the nature of their individual specializations. Is it just that Drathrok is really strong, so they said you take the Bear Pit and he decided to toss on a bear pelt, or is there a philosophy behind his teachings as well? That sort of thing.

Ogdaro
Re: Swan 01/12/2011 01:59 PM CST
>Amusingly, Elanthipedia doesn't tell you how to get the dance. I had to go to Phii's site for that.

This is more or less intentional. I prefer, as a general rule, to try to avoid spoilers for in game "questy" things, of which I consider this one.

Which isn't to say people aren't allowed to add it desired, just that I don't encourage it.

"Your suffering amuses me" -GM Raesh

Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Blunts for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Re: Swan 01/12/2011 02:52 PM CST
...yeah, it was a mistake starting this thread. I apologize.
Re: Swan 01/12/2011 03:05 PM CST
>...yeah, it was a mistake starting this thread. I apologize.

If you happen to have the descriptions from the pit master's lectures, would you mind adding them?

I'm so many years past getting any dance, I don't have them anymore.

Blunts for Sale:
Re: Swan 01/12/2011 03:19 PM CST
It's in my logs. I'll do it tonight if I remember.
Re: Swan 01/12/2011 03:43 PM CST
<<Was/is a good start, I agree. I'd love to see each of the Pit Masters themselves fleshed out with questions they could be asked as well, however. Things like that.>>

Yeah, I started down that road before I left Team Barb. I got as far as Yutwian in SCC.

<<One thing I'd like to know about them is the nature of their individual specializations. Is it just that Drathrok is really strong, so they said you take the Bear Pit and he decided to toss on a bear pelt, or is there a philosophy behind his teachings as well? That sort of thing.>>

They naturally utilize the forms in a superior fashion. I imagine each one of them would have a differing reason for that based on their personalities and backgrounds. Again, only something you'll see with Yutwian at the moment.

GM Jaedren
Re: Swan 01/12/2011 03:45 PM CST
Sounds like field trip time as soon as I'm done with this hunt. Thanks again, Jaedren.

Ogdaro
Re: Swan 01/12/2011 04:55 PM CST
After checking it out, it's really unfortunate that you didn't get further with the project before you moved on.

Ogdaro
Re: Swan 01/12/2011 05:04 PM CST
>After checking it out, it's really unfortunate that you didn't get further with the project before you moved on.

Ya gonna update Yuty's page, Oggy?

(adding y's to things makes everything better... bettery)

Blunts for Sale:
Re: Swan 01/12/2011 05:07 PM CST
Sure, I'll toss it up there in a few.

Ogdaro
Re: Swan 01/12/2011 05:31 PM CST
Also, you don't have to get Swan from Nightlark. If you wait to circle to a higher level where you get a different dance... I think Badger is at 18th, Eagle at 22nd... If you ask whoever it is about Eagle dance, you will also pick up the other dances that precede Eagle. Didn't know if you knew this.

Clerics are on the sectual radar.

Just to be clear - I didn't do it. Not sure who did, but it wasn't me.

- GM Raesh
Re: Swan 01/12/2011 07:19 PM CST
Posted it in description... umm... I'm... yeah. That's all there was.
Re: Swan 01/12/2011 07:24 PM CST
>>Posted it in description... umm... I'm... yeah. That's all there was.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're all like that until you get to Panther and Dragon, which are both pretty impressive to learn. It's unfortunate that the older ones never got updated to be on the same level of snazziness.

Ogdaro
Re: Swan 01/12/2011 07:37 PM CST
Is it bad that my first thought on reading it was the Lemur Dance?
Re: Swan 01/13/2011 04:46 PM CST
>>If you happen to have the descriptions from the pit master's lectures, would you mind adding them?

I have a log of getting Panther... somewhere. I'll try to dig it out and post it. As a Prydaen barbarian, this dance has been my favorite to receive. I was blown away. Kudos to whoever wrote it.

~Talo, Prydaen Barbarian~
Re: Swan 01/13/2011 04:57 PM CST
>As a Prydaen barbarian, this dance has been my favorite to receive.

Meow meow meow meow
Meow meow meow meow
Meow meow meow meow
Meow meow meow meow

:P

Blunts for Sale:
Re: Swan 01/13/2011 07:04 PM CST
>>As a Prydaen barbarian, this dance has been my favorite to receive. I was blown away. Kudos to whoever wrote it.

It was very interesting for me too.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Swan 02/19/2011 09:53 PM CST
<<Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're all like that until you get to Panther and Dragon, which are both pretty impressive to learn.

So I went to learn Dragon Dance last night... (yes, I was very excited... and it was amazing) but I noticed something as I was getting it. Uthranalak kept repeating the paragraphs 2 or 3 times before moving onto the next one. I bugged it, but to be honost, it REALLY took away from the "WHOOHOOO I'M FINALLY GETTING DRAGON DANCE" aspect of the situation.

-Healf