Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Berserk Earthquake 09/26/2013 05:09 AM CDT
Kodius,

Thank you for laying all that out, including the particulars of the ability. While on the subject, what IS the SvS involved? Power vs reflex? Power vs Fort?

Secondly, I'm curious as to why there is such a degree of random built into this ability. On paper I'll grant it sounds excellent, however in practice in PvP a window of 10-30 seconds can feel light a frighteningly long time to hope for a maybe. Additionally, while I'll be the first to admit a stun is a potent tool, between the myriad of counter-stun tools and Diminishing Returns put in place on PCs, are the % chances and randomness in place to keep this ability from being overly powerful?
Speaking from the PoV of a Paladin primary, we've been told a thematic weakness of the guild is Debilitation. This tends to lead me to the mindset that when I wander over towards this side of the fence a powerful high cost ability such as Earthquake should blow my socks off. As it is now, I see tremendous potential thats hindered by all the caveats added to the ability.
When you look at other Area of Effect type abilities it seems like there's a few too many limitations added to this ability.
I'm assuming it has the same limitation as Whirl, in that they must be in range of the weapon - That makes sense for a tert guild.
Pulsing effect on a random window - Personally I prefer my stuff predictable, but some random is fun, 10-30 seconds seems like a LOT of random
% chance for effect - With the other limitations, having to cover a hefty power cost in that its a berzerk, and a random swing time, and engagement requirement, this seems like its a bit too much of a limitation.

Just my two cents,
Samsaren
Re: Berserk Earthquake 09/26/2013 06:27 AM CDT

So is it an IF check or a debil check for to hit?
Re: Berserk Earthquake 09/26/2013 09:32 AM CDT

>So is it an IF check or a debil check for to hit?

I am fairly certain its a weapon skill to hit. and if you do hit. then it is SvS
Re: Berserk Earthquake 09/27/2013 03:40 PM CDT
Not all abilities are intended to be exceptional at PvP. And potentially disabling 4 things every 10 seconds is really useful. Like I said, we will keep an eye on it and tweak as necessary.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page