Berserk Flame... 06/22/2013 05:40 PM CDT
So i have been back a week and enjoy the new changes except the loss of Berserk Flame...is there any abilities we have that are comparable to this? or plans to have one in place? It seems that this ability was the epitome of what a Barbarian is...that one magnificent burst of offensive greatness to kill that last enemy before most likely dying. So far the berserks ive tried and forms do not really give the offensive kick that Flame did.
Re: Berserk Flame... 06/22/2013 06:17 PM CDT
Berserk flame, while extremely powerful and short-lived, broke global caps worse than Dragon Dance. We are no longer allowed to have such abilities in DR 3.0. With that in mind I designed Barbarian abilities to be used together for a combined effect that could, in some cases, approach what you used to have.

Flame is an exception because the old designers used its short duration as an excuse for excessive potency. I'm just not able to play such fuzzy math game anymore, nor would I really want to. Good designs require solid rules and undermining those rules just leads to situations like the present-day Wallstreet :P

Some abilities, such as Volcano (once I get to finish it) will give you a different kind of awesome. Being completely unkillable for a time should satisfy some people. With the ability rebalancing going on I intend to give Barbarians a larger set of offensive boosting abilities. Just need to get Alchemy out (hope to get a small part it out to Plat tomorrow, and all of it out by next weekend, then to Prime a week after). Once Alchemy is out I can get back on Barbarian abilities for a while.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Berserk Flame... 06/22/2013 06:19 PM CDT

Awesome, I can't wait to get the guild rockin and rollin!
Re: Berserk Flame... 06/22/2013 08:11 PM CDT
> Awesome, I can't wait to get the guild rockin and rollin!

...if you don't think barbs have a suite of cool and varied abilities as is, I don't know what you're expecting.

I'm a troll, I be trollin'
Re: Berserk Flame... 06/22/2013 08:20 PM CDT
> Awesome, I can't wait to get the guild rockin and rollin!

...if you don't think barbs have a suite of cool and varied abilities as is, I don't know what you're expecting.
<<

I don't think that is what he was implying. I think he was just excited for what Kodius still has planned.

- Buuwl
Re: Berserk Flame... 06/23/2013 12:51 PM CDT

LOL thank you Buuwl.
Re: Berserk Flame... 06/25/2013 11:45 AM CDT
@KROONER

Why do you troll so incessantly? In the vast majority of threads I see you post in, you're always trying to badger people. It's not very productive, and really, rather rude.

Anyways, sweet Kodius. Looking forward to the barb set of abilities being developed and/or completed.

Don't make accounts while under the influence - it may lead to ridiculous spelling errors.
Re: Berserk Flame... 06/25/2013 01:39 PM CDT
Probably an unfulfilled life.
Re: Berserk Flame... 06/25/2013 03:27 PM CDT
>Why do you troll so incessantly? In the vast majority of threads I see you post in, you're always trying to badger people. It's not very productive, and really, rather rude.

I disagree.

I'm a troll, I be trollin'