Shark teeth? 06/25/2012 06:12 PM CDT
So I was going through my old chars and found one I must have made just to go to Phii's branding, and found out I have a pair of sharksteeth. No clue which they're for, if they're bonded, or if they're even worth anything, but the char they were on is gone, so I've become the proud owner of a pair.

Worth selling, keeping, or just toss them out?

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: Shark teeth? 06/25/2012 07:50 PM CDT
They are basically used to end a berserk at will by clenching the tooth. Not sure they are worth much on the open market but they aren't sold in any stores if I recall. I've got a bunch myself - just plan on holding onto them since I don't use berserks for training currently.

Messenger Boy: The Thessalonian you're fighting, he's the biggest man I've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him.
Achilles: That is why no one will remember your name.
Re: Shark teeth? 06/25/2012 08:02 PM CDT
If they aren't worth much I could use them! just sayin' :D

Even tho I understand at high levels dances seem to be favored over berserks but as it is right now I can't peel myself away from beserking.
Re: Shark teeth? 06/25/2012 08:22 PM CDT
Shark's teeth are the only way to end a berserk prematurely (at the moment). In 3.0 I believe berserks can be started and stopped like normal buffs.

I don't believe there are any plans to transition them to the 3.0 stuff like warhorns, chakrel, roar helms, and warpaint. That might change, but they are (I think) the odd man out for barb items - not much long-term value, not many people use them. If you have them, I wouldn't be shy about using them.
Re: Shark teeth? 06/25/2012 08:58 PM CDT
For what it's worth, they will also start the berserk etched on them. LOOK at the tooth to see which zerk it is tied to. They eventually wear out and breat, and gripping them while wearing hand armor wears them out faster.

~The Prydaen~
Re: Shark teeth? 06/25/2012 08:59 PM CDT
Ya, I knew what they did, but I should have said I don't have a barb, so they're worthless to me. If someone I don't hate personally wants 'em, I'll sell 'em. If they're all but worthless then I'll give 'em.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: Shark teeth? 06/25/2012 10:39 PM CDT
if ya sellin or givin ill take one :)
Re: Shark teeth? 06/25/2012 10:46 PM CDT
Just IM me tomorrow, I'll dig the things out and you can see which berserks they are.

Re: Shark teeth? 06/25/2012 10:47 PM CDT
...and I has a stupid. My IM is kroonermanblack on aim.

Re: Shark teeth? 06/28/2012 04:52 AM CDT
ya have it set to not take IM when offline, think I just keep missin ya at night
Stacking Berserks 12/11/2012 02:06 PM CST
I can't find much info on this, but is the gyst of running multiple berserks that they will still pulse independently, resulting in faster IF drain and higher likelihood of coming out of the zerk stunned or collapsing?

I'm hunting swampies and peccaries in Lang, with about 200 shield, armors, parry, and evasion, and about 140-170 in weapons. I can't handle elder deer yet, but wager I could if I was berserking stone and blood.
Re: Stacking Berserks 12/11/2012 02:16 PM CST
>>I can't find much info on this, but is the gyst of running multiple berserks that they will still pulse independently, resulting in faster IF drain and higher likelihood of coming out of the zerk stunned or collapsing?

Berserks no longer make you collapse or be stunned when they end in 3.0.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Stacking Berserks 12/11/2012 07:39 PM CST
>I can't find much info on this, but is the gyst of running multiple berserks that they will still pulse independently, resulting in faster IF drain and higher likelihood of coming out of the zerk stunned or collapsing?

I think he's talking about 2.0.

Yes, they'll drain more. Just to note, the severity of the penalties that happen when you come out of berserks depends entirely on the state of your Inner Fire when it drops.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: Stacking Berserks 12/13/2012 08:27 AM CST
that's what I was checking, thanks.