Berserk Fails (Log) 01/04/2011 01:07 PM CST
So I am hunting, I have full IF or at least I should because I hadn't used any abilities in probably 30-45 minutes. I did something stupid and swapped my items when I was in parry stance. That was dumb, but I managed to get berserk stone off before I died, and I cleared the room

You move a bastard sword to your left hand.
You move a pair of pale blue moonsilk sandals strewn with multi-hued seaglass to your right hand.
>ret
>
* A zombie head-splitter charges at you. You attempt to dodge. The body lands a hard hit that scratches a long swath of skin along the abdomen (A fine wound to show to friends!), barely stunning you.
[You're hurt, very badly balanced with opponent in excellent position.]
>
You are still stunned.
>ret
You are still stunned.
>
The mutant togball closes to melee range on a zombie head-splitter.
>
* A zombie head-splitter charges at you. You fail to dodge. The body lands a very heavy hit that spurts blood everywhere as the body is inserted and then withdrawn from the right hamstring.
[You're badly hurt, badly balanced with opponent dominating.]
>
* A zombie head-splitter charges at you. You attempt to dodge. The body lands a heavy strike that cuts deeply into the left tricep.
[You're smashed up, badly balanced with opponent dominating.]
>
* A zombie head-splitter charges at you. You attempt to dodge. The body lands an extremely heavy hit that pierces through the shoulder of the right arm and forces it and the arm to separate in a painful bloody display, lightly stunning you.
[You're in death's grasp, very badly balanced with opponent overwhelming you.]

>ber stone
Your rage boils up within you, clearing the fog of pain from your mind.
Everything vanishes in a haze of red, and your vicious snarl ravages the air around you. Every trace of pain in your body melts away before the burning hunger to eviscerate!
>ret
Paint the ground crimson with the blood of your enemies, and then find more to kill! You cannot back away from a chance to continue your slaughter!
>re
What do you want to read?
>
* A zombie head-splitter moans hauntingly and stomps at you. You attempt to evade. The fists lands a solid hit that doubles your right leg over backwards with a direct hit to the right knee.
[You're invigorated, energetic, shaky, very badly balanced with opponent dominating.]
>tswap
Please rephrase that command.
>
* A zombie head-splitter charges at you. You fail to evade. The body lands a solid hit that punctures deeply into one side of your stomach and out the other, barely stunning you.
[You're invigorated, energetic, shaky, very badly balanced with opponent overwhelming you.]
>
* A zombie head-splitter charges wide at you. You fail to dodge. The body lands a hard hit that penetrates deeply into the muscles of the chest.
[You're energetic, shaky, extremely imbalanced with opponent overwhelming you.]
>
* A zombie head-splitter charges at you. You fail to dodge. The body lands a heavy strike that rips open the entire left thigh as fractured bones tear through the skin's surface.
[You're battered, energetic, shaky, extremely imbalanced with opponent overwhelming you.]
>swap
You are still stunned.
>swap
You cannot maintain your grip on the moonsilk sandals, and it falls to the ground!
>swap

NOTE: Of course I start parrying with my parry stick when I drop the sandals LOL - chalk one death up to treasure maps.

* A zombie head-splitter charges at you. You knock aside the body with a long parry stick wrapped in frayed brown leather.
[You're battered, energetic, shaky, extremely imbalanced with opponent overwhelming you.]
>
* A zombie head-splitter charges at you. You deflect the body with a long parry stick wrapped in frayed brown leather.
>
* A zombie head-splitter moans hauntingly and stomps at you. You deflect the fists with a long parry stick wrapped in frayed brown leather.
>
* A zombie head-splitter swings at you. You slap away the fist with a long parry stick wrapped in frayed brown leather.
>
Your right hand is too injured to do that.
>
Your rage burns harshly, quickening your step and reactions.
>
A mutant togball swings at a zombie head-splitter.
>
* A zombie head-splitter charges at you. You deflect the body with a long parry stick wrapped in frayed brown leather.
[You're battered, energetic, shaky, badly balanced with opponent overwhelming you.]
>
* A zombie head-splitter charges at you. You repulse the body with a long parry stick wrapped in frayed brown leather.
[You're battered, energetic, shaky, badly balanced with opponent overwhelming you.]
>
* A zombie head-splitter grunts revoltingly and punches at you. You beat off the fists with a long parry stick wrapped in frayed brown leather.
[You're battered, energetic, shaky, badly balanced with opponent in superior position.]
>
* A zombie head-splitter charges at you. You fend off the body with a long parry stick wrapped in frayed brown leather.
[You're battered, energetic, shaky, badly balanced with opponent in excellent position.]
>stance shield

You are now set to use your shield stance:

Attack : 100%
Evade : 88%
Parry : 0%
Block : 100%

>health
Your body feels beat up.
Your spirit feels full of life.
You are strangely full of extra energy.
You have a severely swollen and shattered right arm which appears completely useless compounded by an ugly stump for a right arm, a severely swollen and deeply bruised left arm compounded by deep slashes across the left arm, a severely swollen and shattered right leg which appears completely useless compounded by a shattered right leg with gaping wounds, a severely swollen and deeply bruised left leg with odd protrusions under the skin compounded by deep cuts across the left leg, an ugly stump for a right hand, severely swollen and bruised chest area compounded by deep slashes across the chest area, a severely bloated and discolored abdomen with strange round lumps under the skin compounded by gaping holes in the abdomen.

Bleeding
Area Rate

right arm severe
left arm light
right leg very bad
left leg slight
chest moderate
abdomen very bad
inside r. arm severe
inside l. arm light
inside r. leg severe
inside l. leg moderate
inside chest moderate
inside abdomen very bad
>
A mutant togball slices wide at a zombie head-splitter.
>
* A zombie head-splitter charges wide at you. You block with a azure-scaled shield.
[You're battered, energetic, shaky, badly balanced with opponent dominating.]
>
* A zombie head-splitter grunts revoltingly and punches at you. You block with a azure-scaled shield.
[You're battered, energetic, shaky, badly balanced with opponent in excellent position.]
>
* A zombie head-splitter charges at you. You block with a azure-scaled shield.
>ret
Paint the ground crimson with the blood of your enemies, and then find more to kill! You cannot back away from a chance to continue your slaughter!
>
>swap
Your right hand is too injured to do that.
>
>
* A zombie head-splitter slams down at you. You block with a azure-scaled shield.
>att left

HERE I KILL most everything, it took about 1 minute max, except I faced a togball that was at missile and ther was one head-splittler left.

>att left
You turn to face a mutant togball.
You aren't close enough to attack.
What do you want to advance towards?
>att left
You begin to advance on a mutant togball.
>
* A zombie head-splitter moans hauntingly and stomps at you. You block with a azure-scaled shield.
[You're battered, energetic, shaky, somewhat off balance with opponent dominating.]
>
>att left
You are already advancing on a mutant togball.
>
Your rage burns harshly, quickening your step and reactions.
>The mutant togball closes to pole weapon range on you!
The mutant togball stops you from advancing any farther!
>
You feel the frothing rage subside, and as if stepping out of a crimson fog, the world around you emerges with vivid clarity.

You collapse from fatigue!
>
* A zombie head-splitter charges wide at you. You partially block with a azure-scaled shield. The body lands a spine-rattling strike that drives the body under the sternum to pierce the heart.
Your bastard sword falls to the ground.

Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your soul and you struggle to remain tied to this world.

A chill takes the seat of your soul as your remaining spiritual strength bleeds away steadily. However, you are comforted that you have curried the favor of your god, which will greatly improve the course of your resurrection or reincarnation.

Your body will decay beyond its ability to hold your soul in 147 minutes.
You are a ghost! You must wait until someone resurrects you, or you decay. Either way, it won't be long now! (HELP for more details).
[You're extremely imbalanced]

What the heck is up with that? Full IF and berserk stone which normally lasts close to 20 minutes...

Anyone else have this happen before....is this a bug?

Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Berserk Fails (Log) 01/04/2011 01:15 PM CST
The only reason I can think of is low inner fire from dances prior to that. But you said you hadn't used any abilities which is odd.
Re: Berserk Fails (Log) 01/04/2011 01:31 PM CST
I'm guessing you weren't engaged in any PvP or anything recently either, no one casting at your or whatever? Just because you got the worst berserk ending you can get.
Re: Berserk Fails (Log) 01/04/2011 01:33 PM CST
>>I'm guessing you weren't engaged in any PvP or anything recently either, no one casting at your or whatever? Just because you got the worst berserk ending you can get.

Nothing, I just went back to look what I did before I went in there, about 20 minutes of braiding, 10 minutes of foraging, 5-10 minutes of parrying\brawling. No skills were used whatsoever until the berserk stone.

Forged Weapons:
Re: Berserk Fails (Log) 01/04/2011 01:38 PM CST
I'd check your fire, and then just berserk stone out of combat and see how long it lasts.
Re: Berserk Fails (Log) 01/04/2011 01:56 PM CST
>med amulet
You begin to meditate upon the blood drop amulet, your inner fire swelling as you center your mind, body, and spirit.

Surrounding your reflection is a brilliant aura of beautiful flames extending nearly twice your height above your body.
You feel a jolt as your vision snaps shut.
Roundtime: 5 seconds.

>ber stone
Everything vanishes in a haze of red, and your vicious snarl ravages the air around you. Every trace of pain in your body melts away before the burning hunger to eviscerate!

>med amulet
You begin to meditate upon the blood drop amulet, your inner fire swelling as you center your mind, body, and spirit.

Surrounding your reflection is a brilliant aura of flames that extends over your height again above you.
You feel a jolt as your vision snaps shut.
Roundtime: 5 seconds.

START TIME: 44:35
END TIME: 51:10

This was out of combat.

Forged Weapons:
Re: Berserk Fails (Log) 01/04/2011 02:00 PM CST
My only guess is that something was sapping you're IF for some reason. Berserks should last longer in combat than out.
Re: Berserk Fails (Log) 01/04/2011 02:11 PM CST
>>My only guess is that something was sapping you're IF for some reason. Berserks should last longer in combat than out.

Not sure how or why that would happen and obviously no messaging. I wonder if it had to do with how damaged I was? I have been pretty beat up/near death before and survived with berserk stone. So I think either I was just so damaged I couldn't retain life anymore so it stopped the berserk short (which never happened before so seems odd to me) or it's bugged, with the greater chance probably being a bug of some sort.

Forged Weapons:
Re: Berserk Fails (Log) 01/06/2011 08:39 PM CST
You did start it during a stun, and got stunned again while berserking. Each time it breaks a stun, I'm p sure it causes a hit to your IF. That could play a part in it ending so soon.