Berserk Stone 11/11/2010 12:01 AM CST
You assess your combat situation...

You (incredibly balanced) are facing a morah creeper (5) at melee range.
A morah creeper (4: solidly balanced) is moving to flank you at pole weapon range.
A morah creeper (5: solidly balanced) is facing you at melee range.
A morah creeper (6: solidly balanced) is behind you at melee range.
A morah creeper (7: solidly balanced) is behind you at melee range.

(You are also defending against a morah creeper.)
The morah creeper closes to melee range on you!
A morah creeper coils itself completely around your body landing a light hit.
*[You're invigorated, energetic, shaky, incredibly balanced and in dominating position.]*

I use berserk stone pretty much exclusively when hunting in this area, not that that has anything to do with my question but...

The invigorated, energetic, shaky part is what has me curious. I understand the invigorated part, assume the energetic part, but what is the shaky part? Berserk Stone is in use.

Deadly Deretis Desitus, Soldier of Ratha
Re: Berserk Stone 11/11/2010 12:05 AM CST
It's the loss of over all spirit health from the intelligence and wisdom penalty while berserking.

Khorgar ~ Raaah!
Re: Berserk Stone 11/11/2010 12:51 AM CST
Well that makes sense.
Re: Berserk Stone 11/11/2010 07:55 AM CST
Or it can be a lingering effect (bug in my opinion) from a recent death. Sometimes when you die, even when you get back to 100% spirit health, you still get the "shaky" messaging until you log out and log back in again. My barbarians never berserk, but I'm not sure you should be seeing the skaky messaging from Berserk Stone. I don't think there's any spirit loss for that.

Clerics are on the sectual radar.

Just to be clear - I didn't do it. Not sure who did, but it wasn't me.

- GM Raesh
Re: Berserk Stone 11/11/2010 10:41 AM CST
The shaky is from spirit health loss, which comes with berserk stone. However, if you stack that with Berserk Nightmare, you won't get a shaky spirit.

Player of...

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Berserk Stone 11/11/2010 06:46 PM CST
Couldn't be a death thing. I haven't died in awhile.

Okay now as to stacking Stone with Nightmare, just how much duration will I lose if I do that? Right now I can pretty much Berserk Stone in vines/creepers/marauders back to back indefinitely, not get a scratch on me and lock my combats pretty quickly. If stacking Nightmare on top means that I crumple afterwards, I'm not sure if I want to do that. Without Stone I get take a beating fairly quickly.

Now given the swarmyness of these critters, I realize that my IF is constantly regenerating and that's why I don't crumple now.

Shield Usage: 104 03% intrigued (16/34)
Leather Armor: 63 75.35% dabbling (1/34)
Light Chain: 115 01% riveted (28/34)
Heavy Chain: 111 27% very engaged (23/34)
Parry Ability: 122 91% captivated (26/34)
Multi Opponent: 122 40% very riveted (29/34
Medium Edged: 93 18% pondering (7/34)
Heavy Edged: 114 76% concentrating (9/34)
Twohanded Edged: 114 43% pondering (7/34)
Evasion: 108 83% engaged (22/34)

Stats while Berserking Stone.

Strength : 21 Reflex : 20
Agility : 20 Charisma : 16
Discipline : 15 Wisdom : 16 -
Intelligence : 17 - Stamina : 22 +
Concentration : 92 + Max : 92

Re: Berserk Stone 11/11/2010 07:42 PM CST
>>Okay now as to stacking Stone with Nightmare, just how much duration will I lose if I do that?

It's hard to gauge that. Just test it.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Berserk Stone 11/12/2010 11:56 AM CST
>>Okay now as to stacking Stone with Nightmare, just how much duration will I lose if I do that? Right now I can pretty much Berserk Stone in vines/creepers/marauders back to back indefinitely, not get a scratch on me and lock my combats pretty quickly. If stacking Nightmare on top means that I crumple afterwards, I'm not sure if I want to do that. Without Stone I get take a beating fairly quickly.

My circle 15 barb in Plat can stack like this for quite a while, as long as she has a steady stream of prey on level with her that she can kill. I really don't have an exact figure, but I seem to remember spending a couple of hours hunting like this- and would have spent longer if RL hadn't reared its head.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Berserk Stone 11/12/2010 12:14 PM CST
In my experience, as long as you're in an area with a decent spawn rate, and you keep killing, you can maintain blood + stone, or stone + nightmare indefinitely. At some point (I think it was around when I was hunting bloodvines) I started being able to keep blood + stone + nightmare up constantly, though I hardly ever did it.

Personally I suggest just sticking to blood + stone, rather than stone + nightmare. Reason being that blood and stone have more similar durations, so you can just wait for them both to end, to trigger starting them back up together. Nightmare will end typically a bit earlier than stone, and it can be annoying to keep maintaining it, since you get no message that it's ended, unless stone also ends, you just have to watch the combat balance messaging. In addition to that, blood always felt a lot more effective to me than nightmare in most situations (ie. when I didn't need to boost my roaring ability for some reason).

Just my take.

Ogdaro
"Take chances and see what you can get away with, it only costs you a favor or two if you mess up." -Issus
Re: Berserk Stone 11/12/2010 03:31 PM CST
That sounds good. I'm back in Ratha right now to backtrain brawling and boxes in sprites. I guess I could head back to Theren and give it a shot.

Deadly Deretis Desitus, Soldier of Ratha