Berserks Sapping More IF? 02/24/2010 10:01 PM CST

Anyone noticing anything wonky with IF since the game came back up? I collapsed twice so far since and it has never happened before. So I am thinking that the active recovery from killing things has changed or that the berserks are sapping more than they should?

I'm going to pay attention and make sure I am full IF before I start this next time, but seriously i haven't so much as kneeled from the berserks I use blood + cyclone in months while actively killing.

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html
Re: Berserks Sapping More IF? 02/25/2010 11:35 AM CST
With steady killing i was able to use blood/stone/nightmare and never drop...not much changed but i did notice cyclone taking me down in one session. Was rather odd, never happened before.
Re: Berserks Sapping More IF? 02/25/2010 11:47 AM CST
I actually noticed this with the higher end serks before the move. Flame usd to last a good 2 minutes, now its down to just over 30 seconds. Bad time to learn this in the middle of a spar. Steel as well. The others I will have to test since I dance while hunting.
Re: Berserks Sapping More IF? 02/25/2010 02:38 PM CST
At least I'm not the only one, if you have recorded what your IF level is before you initiate the berserk and that changed for the worse it could be the initial IF hit change got rolled back accidently? I have no way to check on that myself cause I don't know what they were before....

Re: Berserks Sapping More IF? 02/25/2010 05:21 PM CST
I am a berserking barbarian and generally stick to stone only. If something stronger moves into my room and engages I'll add in berserk blood to kill it. I never have any issues at all with my times or inner fire levels with them. Never been stunned, fallen, etc.

We came back the other day from the game being down and I decided to try out a stone/blood/cyclone combo. Went for a good while, then collapsed while fighting four critters. Managed to berserk stone out of the stun (was getting pummeled), kill the creatures, and retreat in time to collapse again.

Not sure if it was something I would have had an easier time with before or not, but I'll definitely stick to a two out of three concept from now on.

Battle Terror Wartug Skullcleaver
Gor'Tog Barbarian

"You live and die by the only thing you can control: your choices. Choose wisely."
Re: Berserks Sapping More IF? 02/25/2010 05:33 PM CST
<<stone/blood/cyclone>>

I wasn't able to keep cyclone alone up when berserking it back-to-back with a steady supply of gryphons to kill back when I hunted those. It's hard to use.

"That's how I knew who you were. You were always like "Blah blah blah I'm a Barbarian oh-my-god." -my gf
Re: Berserks Sapping More IF? 02/25/2010 05:57 PM CST
Yeah Cyclone probably saps more than blood/stone/nightmare combined. I wish I would of wrote down a few things about them but I didn't to prove if I am just making myself believe something changed or not.

Re: Berserks Sapping More IF? 02/25/2010 10:26 PM CST
>>Yeah Cyclone probably saps more than blood/stone/nightmare combined. I wish I would of wrote down a few things about them but I didn't to prove if I am just making myself believe something changed or not.

responding to myself - Which also leads to the conclusion, that cyclone berserk's IF usage should be drastically reduced IMO.

Kodius - Any chance of that in the short term? tweak a number? :)

Re: Berserks Sapping More IF? 02/26/2010 06:33 AM CST
OK, maybe I am going crazy here, but I am almost positive now that something changed with Bear Dance too.

I think the Strength boost stayed the same but something has changed with the Stamina boost. I have been doing stuff in the forge for the past week and while pounding I noticed my fatigue drops lower than it used to.

I haven't trained any stats and nothing has changed....not sure why training a stat would decrease the stamina boost from Bear anyways...

Hmm I might be able to sort of prove this with a log, let me did something up.....

Re: Berserks Sapping More IF? 02/26/2010 06:37 AM CST
I hate to admit it but somehow I think bear dance has changed, at least for me. I seem to be getting a really short duration from it where before I could dance for quite awhile. The only difference I can attest to is an increase in discipline but that shouldn't make my dance shorter, should it?

Rallyne
Re: Berserks Sapping More IF? 02/26/2010 08:09 AM CST
Not that I was paying that much attention beforehand, but I haven't noticed any changes on my end. Badger and Eagle still do their job while hunting, and Dragon seems to be the same as always in PvP.

"That's how I knew who you were. You were always like "Blah blah blah I'm a Barbarian oh-my-god." -my gf
Re: Berserks Sapping More IF? 02/26/2010 10:12 AM CST
Ok I thought it was just me that bear was acting funny for, it seems to be shorter and I've been moving discipline up.

Oderint Dum Metuant
Re: Berserks Sapping More IF? 02/26/2010 05:02 PM CST
I completely agree with the Cyclone being dropped in IF usage...ive been able to use Flame w/o a stun but after many tries i havent had that success with cyclone. And to be honest, Cyclone isnt that great to warrant such a drastic hit on IF....but its good enough to be annoyed when i cant use it fully.
Re: Berserks Sapping More IF? 02/26/2010 06:00 PM CST
>>And to be honest, Cyclone isnt that great to warrant such a drastic hit on IF

Repeated for emphasis.....it's lackluster.

BTW:

In the forge dancing Bear, I was thinking my stamina boost changed...I think I figured it out and maybe someone can comfirm. Depending on the size of the ingot you are pounding there is different fatigue hits? The larger the ingot the larger the fatigue hit?.....I didn't nail it down but I think this is what was happening if true?

Re: Berserks Sapping More IF? 02/26/2010 09:13 PM CST
>>Repeated for emphasis.....it's lackluster.

Cyclone's actually very good, especially considering it is an ability received at 35: it provides a sizable boost to multi opponent and reflex, which helps defense quite a lot, as well as very respectable offensive boost on top of an RT reduction and the standard berserk perks (anti-stun, anti-prone, anti-calm, balance helper). I would say it is the berserk equivalent of Wolverine Dance, in that while it's not as powerful as the offensive-boosters or the defensive-boosters, but for general hunting it's a very, very nice ability.

I will agree, however, that it's IF cost makes it prohibitive to use (a running theme with higher level berserks), especially since it is able to be stacked with three other berserks in theory. I imagine that maintaining the ability to retreat increases its initial cost. The real problem with Cyclone is that Barbarians never gain more inner fire, so the only way to migitate the high cost is to level up until your passive inner fire regeneration equals the drain of the berserk, which is very high. By that point dances are so powerful that the decision of which ability to use is very one-sided.

"Limited in nature yet infinite in desire - men are like fallen gods."
- Alphonse de Lamartine
Re: Berserks Sapping More IF? 02/26/2010 10:53 PM CST
It is true that the fatigue hit when pounding in the forge depends on the mix and item being forged. That could be confusing the situation some. I do not see any changes to berserks or dances that would account for changes in duration or effectiveness.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Berserks Sapping More IF? 02/27/2010 09:57 AM CST
>It is true that the fatigue hit when pounding in the forge depends on the mix and item being forged. That could be confusing the situation some. I do not see any changes to berserks or dances that would account for changes in duration or effectiveness.

I never tested different mixes, but I've definitely noticed that the item you're pounding influences the fatigue drain greatly. The difference between a dagger and a maul is quite dramatic.
Re: Berserks Sapping More IF? 02/27/2010 03:59 PM CST
Ah, then yep, I was pounding something heavier so that must of been the changes to fatigue I was seeing....sorry bear dance!