Stealth 09/20/2012 06:46 PM CDT

Not sure what's up with stealth, can't even hide on a headsplitter. Attempts were done with and without armor. Halp plz!
Re: Stealth 09/20/2012 10:31 PM CDT
I think they changed stealth so that you can only hide against someone/something if there's something in the room to hide behind.

:x

__
You hear the voice of Jaedren exclaim, "Look! I'm Leilond!"
You notice Jaedren come out of hiding.
Jaedren shimmers out of sight.
Re: Stealth 09/21/2012 03:27 AM CDT
its seriously broken. I first tried ratha celepeze, but i couldn't convince any of them to come out and play. <this area is broken prime-side as well. Things just don't gen if you're over a certain circle, regardless of whether you have the fighting skills of a wet dishrag.

I then went to shard DPs, which are usually no problem for me to hide against. no could do.

I then went to young gryphons. Still no could do.

This is with a thief character with khri darken up + 555 hiding or stealth as its now called.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Stealth 09/25/2012 05:20 PM CDT

Can't seem to catch anyone in test... So I'll bump this here! BUMP
Re: Stealth 10/01/2012 07:08 PM CDT

Since the bump didn't work. How about... NUDGE
Re: Stealth 10/01/2012 10:53 PM CDT
So I was testing stealth and did not notice anything wrong. Can you please give me an example of where it does not seem to be working?

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Stealth 10/02/2012 06:09 AM CDT
It's fairly unplayable, maybe an explanation of the changes would help us understand what we are looking at?

Or maybe we can set a time so you can watch how a few of us would normally train.
Re: Stealth 10/02/2012 01:25 PM CDT
No changes were made to stealth that I am aware of. You may be experiencing a bug. What is your skill and stats, and what are you trying to do to an enemy?

I tried 20 ranks vs goblins, and was able to hide/ambush just fine. I tried 120 ranks versus orc raiders, and had the same result. I tried 500ish ranks versus assassins and other high level enemies, and it worked fine there too. I'm just not as familiar with how many ranks you need to do various stealth actions and need some direction :/

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: Stealth 10/02/2012 01:32 PM CDT
Stealth: 863 25% clear (0/34)

Discipline : 86

Using every ability I have including inviso.

Pretty much failing the contest 9 out of 10 times against head-splitters. There just isn't anyway to raise my confidence in a reasonable manner.(which is why i'm finding it unplayable)
Re: Stealth 10/02/2012 06:30 PM CDT
So I've been playing with stealth some as well and I have to agree with Taleek that the current stealth skill is untrainable.

Hunting Malchata (my normal Prime hunting area)I was able to hide on critters but unable to stalk anything. The "slip stalk" ability always fails and sent my confidence into a death spiral. Ambush sight and screen both were unable to hit any critters. In a very short time I was able to mindlock backstab by hide only then attacking body parts. Stealth got to 6/34 in that time.

here is a mark all: (I have the top success line squelched)
>mark all mal
You carefully size up the s'sugi malchata, gauging its overall perception.
As you consider stealing from the s'sugi malchata, you believe it's somewhat of a long shot.
You also eye the s'sugi malchata over, trying to discern how much wealth it is carrying.
As you consider hiding around the s'sugi malchata, it's about even odds.
As you consider an attempt to stalk the s'sugi malchata, it's about even odds.
As you consider a stealthy assault on the s'sugi malchata, it's somewhat of a long shot.
Roundtime: 2 sec.

Stealth: 637 67% dabbling (1/34)
Backstab: 528 00% rapt (30/34)

Strength : 40 Reflex : 63
Agility : 60 Charisma : 60
Discipline : 62 Wisdom : 44
Intelligence : 45 Stamina : 45

Khri focus and Khri speed active.

Wearing cloth armor, not sure what other info might be needed.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Stealth 10/02/2012 08:24 PM CDT
Sounds like it's a Thief confidence issue. I can hide just fine still. Log below. No buffs or anything.

Stealth: 964

> ass
You assess your combat situation...

You (solidly balanced) are facing a Dragon Priest assassin (1) at missile range.
A Dragon Priest assassin (1: solidly balanced) is facing you at missile range.
A Dragon Priest assassin (2: solidly balanced) is moving to flank you at missile range.
A Dragon Priest assassin (3: badly balanced) is behind you at missile range.
A Dragon Priest assassin (4: off balance) is behind you at missile range.

(You are also defending against a Dragon Priest assassin.)

You appear to be having difficulty targeting melee and ranged attacks.
>
The Dragon Priest assassin closes to pole weapon range on you!
>
The Dragon Priest assassin begins to advance on you!
The Dragon Priest assassin is still a distance away from you and is closing steadily.
> hide
You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

All of your armor:

a black leather mask accented with ghostly white ivy stitching
a fitted mesh lorica of chaotically-angled links
some side-laced leather armbands
a forearm-sized aegis crafted with metal-edged scales
some worn dark leather siege gloves wrapped in thick cobwebs
a pair of hardened-leather boots with silvered knee guards
[Type INVENTORY HELP for more options]

__
Re: Stealth 10/02/2012 08:48 PM CDT
Kinda the way i'm leaning, not sure after the combine our confidence is being awarded correctly if at all.
Re: Stealth 10/02/2012 08:51 PM CDT
I was actually thinking it might be giving you a negative penalty to be honest from what you've been describing :P

__
Re: Stealth 10/02/2012 09:35 PM CDT
<<Kinda the way i'm leaning, not sure after the combine our confidence is being awarded correctly if at all.>>

I think confidence has a lot of hooks missing. As a neutral point, I should be sitting at the slightly positive confidence for the charisma I have (60), but I'm at the 0 point.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Stealth 10/03/2012 01:32 AM CDT
>>I think confidence has a lot of hooks missing. As a neutral point, I should be sitting at the slightly positive confidence for the charisma I have (60), but I'm at the 0 point.

Zeyurn and I spent an hour testing confidence. Everything appeared just fine with it. I also tested with your skills on malchata and was able to hide, advance and ambush them just fine. I'll have to catch you in Test one day and view it first hand :/