Empath Stuff 01/10/2012 05:45 AM CST
I sort of doubt Melete is looking for testing of this stuff yet, but I found an issue with the REDIRECT verb as it exists in Test that I feel I should mention before I forget about it.

REDIRECT CHECK does nothing when you've actually set a redirect. It successfully tells you if you are, in fact, not trying to redirect anything, but it just hangs if you do it while trying to redirect. Probably not a big deal; for all I know the stuff could be not quite fully installed over there, but I figured I'd mention it just in case.

Getting Shocked by a combat bug was sort of fun, too...the stun actually didn't last five minutes for landing a light hit (with a tackle, if anyone's curious). No idea what sort of impact it had on my abilities since my Empathy ranks are all boogered up over there, but unless it only lasted like a minute or two it didn't zap me to zero, so that's good. I liked the messaging.

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor
Re: Empath Stuff 01/10/2012 07:24 AM CST
Redirect is part of the healing stuff and almost certainly won't be rolling with X3. The fact that it's accessible right now is a bug, I reckon. I'll have to see what state test is in right now (not posting from my "DR" computer) -- I had turned off new healing and most of those related systems the first time we asked for testing, but it may have gotten turned back on accidentally. Healing is such a gnarly PITA of a system that I think the idea is to test it extensively on the test server when it's ready, and since every damn thing else is also being tested, I really feel like that's just too much change at once. I'm poking away at it in dev, but some aspects are still incomplete, and it still has a lot of bugs.

Shock is actually pretty much live in test I think, but since magic is still off, the quest is really not viable, so I figured I'd wait on announcing it/asking for testing until everything is totally live. :]

Thanks for the bug note, I'll try to see what's going on with it the next time I am up to my elbows in new healing.

Melete
[Turmis] I'm about to shoot beards in the face
Re: Empath Stuff 05/26/2012 08:57 PM CDT
I gather we're still not officially testing Shock, so I was hesitant to use the bug site for this. I figured I'd drop a note here though since I noticed something. PERCEIVE HEALTH SELF doesn't seem to work while shocked. My sensitivity is still sufficiently intact to manipulate a Dragon Priest Assassin, and PERCEIVE HEALTH still shows several rooms away.

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor
Re: Empath Stuff 05/27/2012 07:16 PM CDT
Thanks for letting me know. We're not too far off of testing shock, but I wanted to let the dust clear from combat and magic a little bit.

Melete
[Turmis] I'm about to shoot beards in the face