Small Test Request 07/15/2011 12:53 PM CDT
It's nothing fancy or interesting, but we're working on a fix to a parser issue that's been nagging at us for a while. It shouldn't be anything you notice, though. We've got the fix in DRT, and I'd be much obliged if anybody would be willing to pop in there and do a few normal things - Buy things, hunt for a little bit, chat, use RP verbs, etc. The major area that you'd notice anything odd would be around using shorthand words for commands instead of the full verb name.

Please send post here to let me know of anything you find or don't find.

Thanks much!

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Small Test Request 07/15/2011 01:17 PM CDT
Well Test crashed while I was hunting. Did I do it?
Re: Small Test Request 07/15/2011 01:18 PM CDT
I'm presently in Test. I noticed that when I skin, the skin doesn't default to the bundle my character is wearing. I didn't notice anything else wonky. Now, the bundle is an old one because I haven't used this character in months. I'll try selling and making a new bundle.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Small Test Request 07/15/2011 01:20 PM CDT
Hmm- Scratch that. Test went down while I was posting.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

Re: Small Test Request 07/15/2011 02:19 PM CDT
Looking into it :).
--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Small Test Request 07/15/2011 02:26 PM CDT
To update, it looks like one of you (not sure who, or what command it was) found a neat bug. We're looking into it, I'll post when we're back up with a fix.

--

Re: Small Test Request 07/15/2011 02:29 PM CDT
If you're referring to the skinning bug, the character was Akeyrr.

Re: Small Test Request 07/15/2011 02:46 PM CDT
Hmmm, Kalira was hunting laches and skinning them but she cast a spell or two and got a couple hits in on critters after her last skinning command.
Re: Small Test Request 07/15/2011 02:52 PM CDT
It would have crashed the second you entered your command. I don't mean to say that we don't know what caused the problem - I just don't personally know. The guy looking into it knows all he needs to though.

The skinning bug is almost certainly unrelated - Any functional difference you notice is likely not an aspect of this change. The things you would be most likely to notice would be commands that you're used to parsing into different commands. That's the thing we're worried about with this change :).

--

Re: Small Test Request 07/15/2011 03:01 PM CDT
Okay. Well, Akeyrr was in Tiger Clan church with Karjon, and didn't notice anything unusual except the old bug of him moving around while still sitting. I still want to check the skinning thing though. :)

Re: Small Test Request 07/16/2011 06:38 PM CDT

Tossing this out too, not sure if this is a parser or just not put into test.

>inv wrist
All of your items worn on the body:

a jadeite gwethdesuan
a kyanite gwethdesuan
a golden badge molded into a miniature shield with an inlaid ebony dragon
[Type INVENTORY HELP for more options]
>
You hear a hungry squeaking sound coming from the direction of the pond!
>inv worn

a jadeite gwethdesuan
a kyanite gwethdesuan
>inv back

a jadeite gwethdesuan
a kyanite gwethdesuan

===
Oleveir says, "One must be careful around the angry ODS women."
Re: Small Test Request 07/19/2011 11:10 PM CDT
Seems to be working for me. What instance and which character?

--

Re: Small Test Request 07/19/2011 11:59 PM CDT
This was purely in test.

===
Oleveir says, "One must be careful around the angry ODS women."