First Test Visit 12/07/2013 10:47 PM CST
A couple very minor things I noticed tonight:

(1) Dazzle was providing a pretty decent stun, but MB at cap (success level knocked them unconscious on single cast) only lasted 3 seconds, PVP (haven't tested on critter yet).

(2) TKT doesn't work vs PCs. It looks like it targets fine and everything but when you cast, you get:

You gesture at Samsaren.
You deftly contribute enough of your harnessed streams to maximize the pattern's potential.

That's it.

(3) If you use the "target pd 10 at [TargetName]" syntax, and the target name hides or goes inviso after your targeting, then comes BACK out while you're still ostensibly targeting, you get the following message when you try and re-target or cast:

> cast
You can't cast that at yourself!
> targ raik
You are already preparing an area target pattern!

Note that PD, the spell in question, is not an area target pattern under any circumstances.

(4) TM still feels weak. Burn and PD are notably better vs critters (testing via appraisals on critters after first cast, just like prime), but TKT and TKS still stink. I was told TKT at least is still off because of tuning for multistrike. I think the improvements are a lot better, but I still think it could use some slight uptuning at the mana caps at least.
Re: First Test Visit 12/07/2013 11:40 PM CST
Actually TKT isn't off because of multistrike it's off because the mechanics behind it are... odd. If they keep giving me enough fits I might have to beat it in the head with a shovel and convert it and TKS over to more normal mechanics. I have no idea why it's not working on players when it did before - I didn't make any major changes to it.

The MB duration doesn't sound at all right - sounds like a core issue. No buffs on them I assume? Clear of diminishing returns? That sounds like a minimum length stun - are any other disabler spells having similar problems?

As for all the other parsing problems - had you been using unleash? I was running into some problems when I was testing Unleash that I couldn't fully pin down and didn't think to check if some of the core updates were causing those problems.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: First Test Visit 12/08/2013 12:10 AM CST
<<The MB duration doesn't sound at all right - sounds like a core issue. No buffs on them I assume? Clear of diminishing returns? That sounds like a minimum length stun - are any other disabler spells having similar problems?>>

Yeah it was really strange. I double-checked with Sam and he had no buffs up at all on the MB and dazzle casts. They were several minutes apart, so I don't think diminishing return would have been in effect. I didn't try and other disablers but I will.

<<Unleash>>

I had not. I did not see it as a learnable spell from the guildleader, and I had to re-learn all spells in order to test them. Is TS a pre-req for unleash? I didn't pick up TS because I was playing with slot math, so I might have missed it if that's the case.

The parsing weirdness with "target [TMspell} at {Target}" interacting with hiding/inviso has been off and on even before 3.1 I think. It comes up most often for me with those auto-hider items. I drop a dazzle/MB on someone, target them with a spell, auto-hider kicks in, then I'm screwed. Even if I search and point them, I have to release and restart the spell. That's generally not a big deal, but the seconds add up. If I get only 8 seconds or so from a disabler, and have to spend 4-5 searching/pointing/re-targeting, I've lost a lot of the disabler effectiveness (i.e., target time I really need).
Re: First Test Visit 12/08/2013 12:55 AM CST
Webbed and Unconscious seem to have something breaking their duration. We'll figure it out.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: First Test Visit 12/08/2013 12:56 AM CST
Harumph. I turned Unleash on now, it missed the roll out somehow.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: First Test Visit 12/08/2013 01:19 AM CST
>>(2) TKT doesn't work vs PCs

TKT at one point was causing errors which could have resulted in what you saw. I did a quick update that should have fixed it. Let us know if it is still not hitting PCs.

FGM Ricinus
Logistics Lead
Magic, Sentients Team Member
Cleric Advocate