Learning Manifest Force 12/06/2013 07:28 PM CST
Does MAF have some prereq that isn't listed on the scroll? This happens when I try to study it:

>read my scroll
The moldering scroll contains a complete description of the Manifest Force spell.
"The Manifest Force pattern simply attempts to channel spell energy into a brute physical force. While it lacks the finesse necessary for any kind of assault or delicate manipulation, it can serve as an effective barrier against physical attacks. The barrier absorbs a portion of incoming blows, but suffers structural damage in the process."
[If the spell is analogous, within your realm, or you have the Magic Theorist feat, you can attempt to INVOKE the scroll to temporarily memorize it. If the scroll is analogous or comes from your guild, you may STUDY it to try to permanently learn it.]
Roundtime: 15 sec.
>study my scroll
You gaze intensely at the words and symbols on the moldering scroll. However, try as you might you cannot make sense of the finer points of the formula. Lacking the background spells needed to fully comprehend this pattern, you cannot successfully memorize it.
Roundtime: 30 sec.

I was able to learn Lay Ward without any trouble.

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor
Re: Learning Manifest Force 12/07/2013 04:59 PM CST
Yeah, you need Ease Burden to memorize MAF. That should probably be listed on the STUDY information.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Learning Manifest Force 12/07/2013 07:07 PM CST
Scrolls have been updated to be more informative.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.