Global Preview Off 09/21/2012 04:20 AM CDT
We've just turned off the global spell preview in the Test instance to be able to test the following:

- Spell Choosing
- Prerequisites
- Spell Window (which appears when you ask your guildleader about magic, and can be toggled with TOGGLE SPELL)

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

GM Grejuva

PS: Some of the quest-only / scroll-only spells might be currently learnable from guildleaders for the sake of testing.
Re: Global Preview Off 09/21/2012 05:42 AM CDT
Ok, first one I tested was Empaths.

Crossing guild would not let me on the premises, so I went up to haven to see Neb.

I did not learn any magical feats, thus was able to learn all the spells she would teach me.

For the following 3 spells, I received a bit of a strange messaging from the guildleader:

<<Although I can and will teach you that spell, <NAME>, I feel that it is beyond your ability to use it at this time. If you are certain of your decision, choose it again and it shall be yours.>>

Heal
Aesrndry Daerlaeth<however that's spelled>
Awaken.

Neb also said, when i asked about Nissa's Binding, that I could either have Awaken or Compel. When I asked about Compel, she knew nothing.

I was able to learn the following spells:
>spell
You recall the spells you have learned from your training.

In the chapter entitled "Healing", you have notes on the Vitality Healing [vh], Heal Wounds [hw], Heal Scars [hs], Heal, Regenerate, and Fountain of Creation [foc] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Life Force Manipulation", you have notes on the Refresh, Raise Power [rp], Gift of Life [gol], Vigor, Paralysis, and Lethargy spells.

In the chapter entitled "Protection", you have notes on the Aesandry Darlaeth [ad], Iron Constitution [ic], and Aggressive Stance [ags] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Mental Preparation", you have notes on the Nissa's Binding [nb], Mental Focus [mef], Tranquility, and Awaken spells.
You do not know any magic feats.

You have 4 spell slots available.

You are currently set to recognize known spells when prepared by someone else in the area. (Use SPELL RECOGNIZE OFF to change this.)
You are currently set to display full cast messaging. (Use SPELL BRIEFMSG ON to change this.)
You are NOT currently attempting to hide your spell preparing. (Use PREPARE /HIDE to change this.)
You can use SPELL STANCE [HELP] to view or modify your spellcasting preferences.

Obviously when this goes live, I will have to forego some of the spells in order to learn feats.

Um, and I presume the spell window is a stormfront thing. I don't have any of my empaths set up for stormfront <wizard here>.
>

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Global Preview Off 09/21/2012 05:53 AM CDT
>>For the following 3 spells, I received a bit of a strange messaging from the guildleader

It's just a warning that, even though you have the prerequisites, that particular spell may be too difficult for you. You can learn the spell normally if you repeat the command.

>>Um, and I presume the spell window is a stormfront thing.

Correct.

GM Grejuva
Re: Global Preview Off 09/21/2012 06:26 AM CDT
cleric:

these are feats i learned prior:
it also gave me a something wierd when i typed spell:
>spell
, '' [] spell.

You recall proficiency with the magic feats of Legerdemain, Silent Preparation, Faster Targeting, Faster Battle Preparations, Faster Matrices, Faster Rituals, Alternate Preparation, Focused Preparation, Augmentation Mastery, Debilitation Mastery, Targeted Mastery, Utility Mastery, Warding Mastery, Improvised Rituals, Cautious Casting, Injured Casting, Deep Attunement, Raw Channeling, Efficient Channeling, Efficient Harnessing, Cautious Harnessing, Magic Theorist and Illusory Preparation.

You have 34 spell slots available.

when I spoke with guildleader, it told me I was aligned with Damaris. Cool. :-)

you mentioned quest spells, asking about MF told me to talk to the proper fellow <i don't have that yet>, neither esuin nor Innu knew about FOU, and when I asked about res, <which I do have primeside> i got the following response from Esuin
>ask esuin about resurrection
The cleric leader Esuin speaks quietly, "What you need to know will be revealed to thee in good time."

but ... Innu didn't know what I was talking about.

I chose the following <in order to have an empty spell slot>:
>spell

In the chapter entitled "Holy Defense", you have notes on the Protection from Evil [pfe], Minor Physical Protection [mpp], Benediction, Major Physical Protection [mapp], and Sanyu Lyba [sl] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Spirit Manipulation", you have notes on the Rejuvenation, Vigil, Soul Bonding [sb], Centering, and Soul Sickness [sick] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Holy Evocations", you have notes on the Bless, Harm Evil [he], Phelim's Sanction [ps], Divine Radiance [dr], Malediction, Horn of the Black Unicorn [horn], and Fists of Faenella [ff] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Divine Intervention", you have notes on the Resurrection and Glythtide's Gift [gg] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Metamagic", you have notes on the Uncurse and Huldah's Pall [hulp] spells.

<the feats same as i listed before>

You have 5 spell slots available.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Global Preview Off 09/21/2012 06:29 AM CDT
also, copy must have been made before the latest quest, when i checked the list of devotional rituals behind esuin, it didn't have Truffenyi's quest listed. <and i did that one>.

/---
Leucius
Re: Global Preview Off 09/21/2012 07:03 AM CDT
bards:

felt sort of wierd, being as used to asking about enchante, and Guildleader still says enchante, not spell:

>choose caress of the sun enchante
Silvyrfrost looks at you, puzzled. "Are you sure that is a Bardic enchante?" she asks.
>choose caress of the sun spell

returned the proper response from guildleader. Just a bit misleading.

Also, she wouldn't tell me any more spells, although I had open slots - <hadn't learned feats>. So at circle 30, I was limited to the following:
In the chapter entitled "Fae Arts", you have notes on the Aether Wolves [aew], Blessing of the Fae [botf], Eye of Kertigen [eok], Glythtide's Joy [gj], Nexus, and Sanctuary spells.

In the chapter entitled "Emotion Control", you have notes on the Albreda's Balm [alb] and Faenella's Grace [fae] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Sound Manipulation", you have notes on the Harmony spell.

In the chapter entitled "Elemental Invocations", you have notes on the Caress of the Sun [cars] spell.
You do not know any magic feats.

You have 13 spell slots available.

You are NOT currently set to recognize known spells when prepared by someone else in the area. (Use SPELL RECOGNIZE ON to change this.)
You are currently set to display full cast messaging. (Use SPELL BRIEFMSG ON to change this.)
You are NOT currently attempting to hide your spell preparing. (Use PREPARE /HIDE to change this.)
You can use SPELL STANCE [HELP] to view or modify your spellcasting preferences.

These are the spells <enchantes> I currently enjoy in prime:

>song enchante
You recall the enchantes you have been taught...

In the chapter entitled "Ballads and Romances," you have notation on the Hodierna's Lilt [lilt] (stringed) (sung), Faenella's Grace [fae] (chanted), Sanctuary (winds), and Albreda's Balm [balm] (sung) enchantes.

In the chapter entitled "Allegros and Capriccios," you have notation on the Drums of the Snake [drum] (percussion), Desert's Maelstrom [dema] (percussion) (chanted), Rage of the Clans [rage] (chanted), Caress of the Sun [care] (percussion) (chanted), and Merelew's Legacy [mere] (sung) enchantes.

In the chapter entitled "Concertos and Sonatas," you have notation on the Nexus (stringed) (winds), Naga's Blessing [naga] (winds), and Misdirection (winds) (sung) enchantes.

In the chapter entitled "Nocturnes and Requiems," you have notation on the Eillie's Cry [cry] (sung) and Abandoned Heart [aban] (stringed) (sung) enchantes.

In the chapter entitled "Analogous Patterns," you have notation on the Energy Bolt [bolt] and Ease Burden [ease] enchantes.
You are currently starting all enchantes at fifteen(15) mana or minimum prep, whichever is greater.

I do not like this situation for my bard at all. I'm basically being cut off from all the spells I use to learn with <merelew> and the ones i use in combat <desert's maelstrom>.

>
>

/---
Leucius
Re: Global Preview Off 09/21/2012 07:25 AM CDT
WM:

when asked about mantle of flame:
Before you can learn this spell, you must know Aether Cloak. Additionally, you must know one of Aether Cloak and Aether Cloak. (It will also cost three spell slots.) It cannot be targeted.

the Frostbite and Fortress of Ice spells from the Frostbite and Fortress of Ice book,

<shouldn't that be water book?

also, he tells you but doesn't let you learn this:

>choose fire shards spell
Gauthus gives you a long, careful look, then says, "Very well, the Fire Shards spell shall be thine."
He carefully turns the pages of a large spellbook on a stand nearby, searching for the correct page. With a few moments of careful instruction and much repetition on your part, you commit the Fire Shards spell permanently to your memory.
ask gauth about magic
"You are worthy of hearing about the Ward Break spell from the Aether Manipulation book, the Fire Shards spell from the Fire Shards book, the Frostbite and Fortress of Ice spells from the Frostbite and Fortress of Ice book, and the Zephyr, Tailwind, and Air Bubble spells from the Air Manipulation book.

/---
Leucius
Re: Global Preview Off 09/21/2012 07:36 AM CDT
additonal WM issues:

Gauthus says, "The Chain Lightning spell unleashes blasts of lightning that randomly strike at multiple targets in the area. Before you can learn this spell, you must know Lightning Bolt, and be circle 40. (It will also cost one spell slot.) It can be targeted."

He adds, "If you are interested in learning it, I will gladly teach it to you."
[Type "choose chain lightning spell" (without the quotes) to learn it.]
>ask gauth about lightning bolt spell
Gauthus says, "Not surprisingly, the Lightning Bolt spell fires a bolt of lightning at the target, inflicting great electrical and heat damage. However, it is relatively inaccurate, and can be fatal to the caster if used in watery areas. Before you can learn this spell, you must know one of Arc Light and Tingle. (It will also cost two spell slots.) It can be targeted."

>ask gauth about arc light spell
Gauthus says, "I fear I do not know of what spell you speak. Perhaps if you were more specific, or call it by another name, I might recognize it."
>ask gauth about tingle spell
Gauthus says, "I fear I do not know of what spell you speak. Perhaps if you were more specific, or call it by another name, I might recognize it.

/---
Leucius
Re: Global Preview Off 09/21/2012 08:03 AM CDT
Paladins:

Didn't seem to be any bugs here. Only comment-

making Anti-stun an advanced spell <at 52nd circle i was told it was "beyond me" - is not going to be enjoyable. I use this spell all the time.

/---
Leucius
Re: Global Preview Off 09/21/2012 08:11 AM CDT
Wow, awesome testing.

__
You hear the voice of Jaedren exclaim, "Look! I'm Leilond!"
You notice Jaedren come out of hiding.
Jaedren shimmers out of sight.
Re: Global Preview Off 09/21/2012 08:29 AM CDT
Moonmages:

Moongate? Teleport? missing. Of course, Kssarh screamed when asked about them. :-)

/---
Leucius
Re: Global Preview Off 09/21/2012 08:39 AM CDT
MM: question - i was only given one spell from sorcery - tangled fate.
of course, i tried it on a small critter <musk hog> because sorcery is at 0 ranks. but, i couldn't pull off the spell. What sort of skills will i need once this goes live to pull this off?

/---
Leucius
Re: Global Preview Off 09/21/2012 09:57 AM CDT
one other question. necros:

>choose kura-silma spell
Zamidren Book shakes his head. "No, my child. Not until you are ready. And you may never be."

whats THAT supposed to mean???

/---
Leucius
Re: Global Preview Off 09/21/2012 10:03 AM CDT
another problem with Necromancers and spells. not with guildleader.

When you cast consume flesh to heal your chest, instead of casting on your body, it is trying to cast it on the <treasure-genned> chest in my backpack.

/---
Leucius
Re: Global Preview Off 09/21/2012 11:39 AM CDT
and..... consume chest is fixed :-)

another 2 questions:

The greenish radiation around you burbles warningly before a sphere of hissing acid spews forth in all directions!
The wave of acid is too weak to dissolve an arisen shalswar zombie's dead flesh.
>
The hiss of bile-green droplets drowns out nearly all other sound as acidic showers erupting from around you soak everything in sizzling wetness!
The wave of acid is too weak to dissolve an arisen shalswar zombie's dead flesh.
>
The greenish radiation around you burbles warningly before a sphere of hissing acid spews forth in all directions!
>

Is universal solvent supposed to target your zombie if they're in the room?

also - why when you make a zombie out of a shalswar, does the zealot stay on its back? :-)

You also see an arisen shalswar zombie with a Dragon Priest zealot mounted on its back

/---
Leucius
Re: Global Preview Off 09/21/2012 12:17 PM CDT
Necromancer Ale spells effect everything in the room by design. They are not friendly to anything.

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: Global Preview Off 09/21/2012 01:59 PM CDT
I presume as with the other testing,you'd like any issues to be listed on the bugtracker site, rather than ten different posts spread across the span of a few minutes?

You say, "Tada."

WHAM
A sudden burst of oily smelling air strikes you in the face.
Re: shalswar zombie 09/21/2012 02:49 PM CDT
>>also - why when you make a zombie out of a shalswar, does the zealot stay on its back? :-)

>>You also see an arisen shalswar zombie with a Dragon Priest zealot mounted on its back

Because awesome, that's why.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
- Arthur O'Shaughnessy
Re: Global Preview Off 09/21/2012 04:50 PM CDT
I went to visit Salvur. I got this error after I choose Heal Wounds.
>>[There was an error with the number of your available spell slots, which has now been corrected to 62.]
I currently still know some spell traits so that may be the issue?
>>You recall proficiency with the magic feats of Injured Casting, Deep Attunement, Raw Channeling, Efficient Channeling and Efficient Harnessing.

The AGS spell text was long and went outside the bottom of the window. I had not resized it. Scrolling down all the way still left the last 2 lines cropped off and the [Choose Aggressive Stance] Button remained over it.

I didn't like that the StormFront spell window closes every time I choose a spell. However, I think this will only bother me on initial 3.0 release and then I'll probably prefer it that way. Overall I really liked the window layout.

Odd to hear an Empath guild leader so casually just drop the word Necromancer in a conversation like that. Then again it is Salvur.
>>Siksa says, "The secret of blood, fully understood only by Empaths and Necromancers, is that it is life force given liquid form through a miracle of the flesh. Vitality Healing functions on this principle, restoring blood lost from trauma and health compromised by magic or illness with a single gesture."

I don't know any Analogous Patterns spells anymore. I thought we were keeping those? Perceive doesn't work to get new ones, but I am guessing that could be related to being a test character. It cost 34 spell slots to learn 19 empath guild spells. Just hoping that doesn't break anything for anyone in live.

Still waiting on that new Guardian Avenger spell (throws rocks at Melete). I did note a couple of the spells, particularly Vigor, state they work on the Spirit, which is nice.

You've reached the uninformative help match I haven't written yet.
Re: Global Preview Off 09/21/2012 04:59 PM CDT
Oh hold the phone. Major problem, we're missing a whole spell book here folks for Empaths that everyone would be upset about (maybe even Necros) All of the Body Purification spells Blood Staunching, Flush Poisons, Cure Disease.

Not sure if that is intended currently but that'd be a pretty hilarious oversight.

Re: Global Preview Off 09/21/2012 07:12 PM CDT
The following were added to the bug site for easy tracking.

Stormfront spell window issue:

Clicking on CHOOSE SPELL in the Stormfront spell window always yields the below, spells can be chosen normally.

Zamidren Book looks at you oddly before saying, "I am afraid you are in the wrong place if you wish to learn that, my son."

In addition, spell slot cost is not echoed to the Spell window, but shows up when ASK BOOK ABOUT <spell name> SPELL.

Lastly, some spells did not show their descriptions when clicked on in the spell window. I didnt write all of these down, but Kura-Silma was one of them. When asking ASK BOOK ABOUT KURA-SILMA SPELL, I receive the spell description as normal.

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: Global Preview Off 09/21/2012 11:22 PM CDT
>>Oh hold the phone. Major problem, we're missing a whole spell book here folks for Empaths that everyone would be upset about (maybe even Necros) All of the Body Purification spells Blood Staunching, Flush Poisons, Cure Disease.

That whole book may still be in QC. It was the most recently finished so it may just be in limbo somewhere. I'll look into it.

>>Still waiting on that new Guardian Avenger spell (throws rocks at Melete).

GS is probably one of the more complicated Empath spell rewrites, but we're getting there. I won't say the S word, but...you know.

Melete
Salvur puts his hands in front of him to imitate a squirrel and scoots around the room, occasionally stopping to say "Do the squirrel dance!" in an obnoxiously loud voice.
Re: Global Preview Off 09/22/2012 06:39 AM CDT
<<Blood Staunching, Flush Poisons, Cure Disease.>>

I was going to mention those at some point, too, but figured there's still some time to get them in. They're rather critical to basic functionality. So is Compel, so I'm really hoping that one will make the initial cut as well.

<<I did note a couple of the spells, particularly Vigor, state they work on the Spirit, which is nice.>>

I'm exceptionally surprised that Vigor in particular is limited to just Self or Guardian Spirit. There are other allies that will need to be bolstered at times, namely manipulated creatures and, you know, other players. I haven't had another player with whom to test recently though, so maybe that last bit has been fixed and I just don't know it.

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor
Re: Global Preview Off 09/22/2012 09:15 AM CDT
oh!hithereKalika:

- No text for Branch Break, Bear Strength, or Cheetah Swiftness. (Able to learn them, just no description of what they are.)

That was all I saw. Went and tested some of them on goblins, everything was working fine from what I could tell.

The Shard Sentinel nods to Alexii and says, "Yes, you may pass."
Alexii says, "Sucker!"
Re: Global Preview Off 09/22/2012 10:50 AM CDT
>>manipulated creatures

Ah, well back when we could cast buffs like SOP on creatures you could buff goblins and poor little characters get destroyed, so there may be some logic to that. Wouldn't want empaths buffing up their mobs, then compeling them out of the room into nearby areas to destroy people would we? (I haven't thought about this too much...nope...walking away now...)