Rite of Contrition question + suggestion 09/17/2012 08:55 PM CDT
Question
Is there a "second" level of RoC kicking in with the 3.0 version?

In other words, in 2.0 you get...

You gesture.
You weave a field of sublime corruption, concealing the scars in your aura under a layer of magical pretense.
>
The Rite of Contrition matrix redoubles its hold on your senses. Joyous corruption seeps into your mind from your own spell, muting your unconscious sense of shame.
>
The Rite of Contrition matrix redoubles its hold on your senses. Joyous corruption seeps into your mind from your own spell, muting your unconscious sense of shame.

(I'm assuming the second one is not a bug, but something even more extra kicking in on top of the normal extra stuff kicking in.)

Yet in 3.0 I only get the first redoubling message, no matter what. It's entirely possible I just can't cast to the point where a second one kicks in, though.

Suggestion
Is it possible to have some kind of POWER messaging that lets you know if you have the "basic" or "advanced" (or extra bonus advanced?) RoC going, as opposed to just knowing if the spell is in effect when you do check mana levels/spells up?

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: Rite of Contrition question + suggestion 09/18/2012 04:13 AM CDT
That message means that you lowered yourself below one of the detection thresholds.

In Live, the bonus is fluid based on your held mana. So, if you harness additional mana after crossing a threshold, you could cross a second one. (If you were getting the two messages without harnessing more, that's probably a bug.)

In X3, the bonus is static since a cyclic spell's power cannot change after cast. Even if you cross two thresholds, you will be messaged once. We can consider adding a different message for that, though.

Makes sense?

GM Grejuva
Re: Rite of Contrition question + suggestion 09/18/2012 08:53 AM CDT
>>Makes sense?

Yep! I was also just wondering if there was more than one threshold in the 3.0 version, because I could only hit the first one, and I feel like my character would be skilled enough to get both if they were both around still.

When in doubt, http://elanthipedia.org/