Elemental Charge System 06/30/2012 09:34 AM CDT
Is the new Elemental charge system/summoning/pathways ready to be tested right now? I tried messing with align and found typos and couldnt start building up charges so I figured I would check here before posting bugs to the site. Thanks!

-P

Luck is nothing more than opportunity meeting preparation.
Re: Elemental Charge System 06/30/2012 01:11 PM CDT
Elemental Charge is live in Test and, as far as a quick kick of the tires shows, should be working.

Let me know what you're finding.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Elemental Charge System 07/04/2012 08:41 AM CDT
I put this on the bug website last night but I'll put it here as well:

ALIGN <ELEMENT>
When I try to align to any element I notice two things:
1) There should be a word after "painful"
2) It seems like I have some "unknown" elemental charge that prevents me from aligning.

s> align air
You make yourself comfortable and turn your attention inward.
You concentrate on the concept of air in both its base and esoteric forms, opening your body to the Elemental Plane of Air.
You bristle with a painful that threatens to disrupt your form. You must discharge the elemental power in your body before you can shape yourself in the image of another Elemental Plane.

ALIGN OPPOSITION <element>:
Now I noticed once again a missing word after painful.
In addition, it appears there is an unknown element I cannot identify.
I tested various align combinations to try to see why earth appeared to work but none of the others did.

sR> align opposition fire
You try to play a delicate game with the planar void, embodying a new relationship between unknown and fire.
Unfortunately, you cannot comprehend how to break apart the elemental pairings. You shudder as your body "swings" violently across planar influences.
A painful erupts across your body! The unknown in your body rejects your careless tampering, holding you firmly in the shape of its Elemental Plane.
RT: 8

s> align opposition earth
You try to play a delicate game with the planar void, embodying a new relationship between unknown and earth.
Using planar laws on top of planar laws, you sever the elemental pairings. While still embodying unknown, your body is now repulsed by the Elemental Plane of Earth.
RT: 30

I tried using summon command to wipe the unknown charge but that didnt do anything:

s> summon impedance
You cannot alter your relationship to the Elemental Planes until you have aligned with one.

Re: Elemental Charge System 07/04/2012 10:45 AM CDT
Hrmph, everything you're seeing is rooted in the same problem of the "unknown alignment," which means something is getting set that shouldn't be. I'll look into it in the next few days.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Elemental Charge System 07/18/2012 10:38 PM CDT
I know 150+ circle testing put a damper on this but has there been any update if the elemental charge system is ready for further testing again?

-P

Re: Elemental Charge System 08/16/2012 07:42 PM CDT
Any updates on this by chance?

Re: Elemental Charge System 08/18/2012 04:29 PM CDT
Unfortunately, no. I've been away from DR for much of the past two months and now the Internet at my home has decided it doesn't want to function. This is hampering my work a little.

-Armifer
Re: Elemental Charge System 08/19/2012 08:52 PM CDT
Thanks for the update and hope all is well. Just let me know when you get some time to look into it and I'll be happy to test it.

-P

Re: Elemental Charge System 10/05/2012 05:08 PM CDT
After a major delay, I think I have the bugs in Elemental Charge ironed out.

-Armifer
Re: Elemental Charge System 10/05/2012 06:08 PM CDT
That is awesome news! I will test it heavy very shortly after dinner. Thanks!