Runestones 06/16/2012 02:09 PM CDT
I've just placed some test runestones (of both simple and complex variety) outside the NE Gate. To have all the stuff in one place, I also moved the ritual foci over there.

GM Grejuva
Re: Runestones 06/16/2012 07:49 PM CDT
Mmmm, love me some runestones. Thanks!

__
You hear the voice of Jaedren exclaim, "Look! I'm Leilond!"
You notice Jaedren come out of hiding.
Jaedren shimmers out of sight.
Re: Runestones 06/17/2012 12:24 AM CDT
ok, played with the runes and a little question.

I tried the white oak rune with bond weapon first. With a necro, the spell <properly> blew up my hands and arms. Also my skin <external>.

I then tried the smooth iron runestone <iron constitution>. this seemed to have the additional effect of healing the skin bleeders. Is this spell supposed to heal?

<i purposely did not use healme in order to test>.

By the way, i enjoyed being able to do a bardy LILT as a necro. :-)

d'zree, eat your heart out!

one question on this though, it seems hodierna's lilt no longer has an area effect on others. Is this intended?

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Runestones 06/17/2012 09:36 AM CDT
You should get four more fully powered spells out of the ring before it wears out, or more with conservative use.
Roundtime: 2 sec.

What does 'or more with conservative use.' mean?

__
Re: Runestones 06/17/2012 09:41 AM CDT
Also, it appears that if you don't specify MY when charging a rune object it will default to the things on the display.

> charge neckband 10

You harness a small amount of energy, push it through the minimal resistance of your sodalite neckband and watch it dissipate harmlessly. Well, that was fun.
Roundtime: 4 sec.
R> charge my neckband 10
Closing your eyes, you carefully bend some mana streams through a neckband crafted from thick sodalite tablets.
The saturated pathways in the neckband form the foundation of a spell pattern. With this template in place, you begin preparing the Shear spell.

> per

You reach out with your senses and hear shining streams (13/21) of harmonious Elemental mana coursing through the area.
Concentrating harder on the sounds you hear, you can sense brilliant mana (17/21) to the southeast, radiant mana (15/21) to the east, and brilliant mana (17/21) to the north.
You sense the Sanctify Pattern spell blessing your Augmentation magic, which should last for about twenty roisaen.
You sense the Nexus spell upon you, which will last for about eight thousand twenty-five roisaen.
You sense the Benediction spell upon you, which will last for about four roisaen.
You sense the Blessing of the Fae spell upon you, which will last until you fail to provide support for it.
You are preparing the Shear spell at thirty-seven mana.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

__
Re: Runestones 06/17/2012 09:57 AM CDT
>>What does 'or more with conservative use.' mean?

Complex runestones are based on spell power rather than abstract uses. Start the runestone at a lower prep cast and it'll take less wear.

Simple runestones are, well, simplier and abide a normal abstract use scheme.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Runestones 06/17/2012 10:17 AM CDT
>>Also, it appears that if you don't specify MY when charging a rune object it will default to the things on the display.

Isn't that normal syntax stuff?

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: Runestones 06/17/2012 10:32 AM CDT
Yeah, except for this(which I'll also bug in the database).

>You harness a small amount of energy, push it through the minimal resistance of your sodalite neckband and watch it dissipate harmlessly. Well, that was fun.

It messages as if it were your own neckband, when it is actually the neckband on the display.

__