bug with WM spell prereqs - or, she really likes FS! 06/11/2012 04:56 AM CDT
Karazhil says, "The Ethereal Shield spell offers some protection from elemental damage, regardless of its source. All members of your group will be covered by the shield. Before you can learn this spell, you must know one of Fire Shards, Fire Shards, Fire Shards, Gar Zeng and Fire Shards. (It will also cost one spell slot.) It cannot be targeted."

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: bug with WM spell prereqs - or, she really likes FS! 06/11/2012 05:12 AM CDT
she also had issues with prereqs for Dragon's breath.

another one she has issues with is ice patch:

Karazhil says, "The Ice Patch spell creates a treacherous sheet of ice beneath its victim. If placed accurately by targeting, it will cause the victim to fall and sustain injury. Those with multiple legs are considerably harder to affect, and those who are immune to the cold will be too well suited to navigating frozen ground to fall. Before you can learn this spell, you must know one of and Elementalism. (It will also cost two spell slots.) It cannot be targeted."

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: bug with WM spell prereqs - or, she really likes FS! 06/11/2012 05:23 AM CDT
she also got confused when asked about y'ntrel sechra, and gave the description of another spell instead:

>ask kara about y'ntr sechra spell
Karazhil says, "The Mark of Arhat spell is named for the founder of the first guild, Warrior Mages. Arhat was to fire magic as a mother is to child. One of his favorite spells was one of his own devising. He never named the spell and when it was found at the time of his death, the spell was named in Arhat's honor. Mark of Arhat is a spell that does not deal damage upon impact, but afterward amplifies any elemental damage dealt to the target.
This spell has no prerequisites. (It will also cost two spell slots.) It cannot be targeted."

She adds, "But you are not yet ready for such a powerful spell. You must continue your study and your work before Y'ntrel Sechra comes within reach."
>

/---
Leucius
Re: bug with WM spell prereqs - or, she really likes FS! 06/11/2012 06:14 AM CDT
The reason for the odd prereqs is due to the fact that not all spells have been converted at this point. It should work itself out once that has happened.

-P

Luck is nothing more than opportunity meeting preparation.
bardic magic 06/11/2012 06:25 AM CDT
Is this right?

You sense the Faenella's Grace enchante upon you, which will last for about eight thousand three hundred thirty-three roisaen.

/---
Leucius
Just a small comment. 06/11/2012 06:50 AM CDT
Some of the prerequisites for learning feats seem to have been placed above what the general populace of DR will find desirable, after working on various characters. As witness the one for learning "illusionary prep" - my empath<prime> was not offered this, although she is over 50th circle, and currently in regular DR knows the prep she purchased in Throne City. As many, many people have purchased these in throne city, they have become part of our characters. Not to mention that being as they cost 50 plat lirum to learn for outside of your guild.

Additionally, my bard <30th circle> was not offered any additional feats other than the one she got "free" for being a bard. None others offered.

This is not going to go over well, as I'm sure I won't be the only one that will raise this issue.

Another issue was for necromancers - the ROC spell has been made extremely difficult to pull off. <i was told a threashhold of around 537 or so "utility" is needed -- As it was originally intended for young so as to go about their business "incognito" at least for a little while, making it an esoteric spell with that sort of difficulty makes that function well nigh impossible for that perceived purpose.

/---
Leucius
Re: Just a small comment. 06/11/2012 07:39 AM CDT
>>Another issue was for necromancers - the ROC spell has been made extremely difficult to pull off.

I had this problem at first, too, but then I realized that I didn't need to hold as much mana to have it give the same effects in 3.0. Keep in mind that the spell cap for RoC is 19.

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: Just a small comment. 06/11/2012 07:43 AM CDT
>>This is not going to go over well, as I'm sure I won't be the only one that will raise this issue.

I'd hold off on making statements like that. For all you know you may need like 2 more ranks in Arcana or something equally as trivial in order to qualify for the feat :P

__
You hear the voice of Jaedren exclaim, "Look! I'm Leilond!"
You notice Jaedren come out of hiding.
Jaedren shimmers out of sight.
Re: Just a small comment. 06/11/2012 08:11 AM CDT
<<I realized that I didn't need to hold as much mana to have it give the same effects in 3.0. Keep in mind that the spell cap for RoC is 19>>

you still have over 500 pm, which means your utility skill is probably up there as well. A young necromancer is not going to be able to pull off enough to cast it to avoid being outted if touched by an empath/perceived by a cleric/mm, etc.

/---
Leucius
Re: Just a small comment. 06/11/2012 09:17 AM CDT
>>you still have over 500 pm, which means your utility skill is probably up there as well.

My Utility is 390ish.

I would personally hold off on saying RoC is too hard to use until seeing how well it works at covering Necro markers for low levels when used at minimum or near minimum power levels. Don't forget that a young Necromancer doesn't actually have to hold much more than a minimum prep to fully mask their Necro markers, if they're not notably boosting their Divine Outrage.

As for needing the skill to actually hold the mana for it, I have the feeling that you're pretty much expected to get the raw harnessing feat for "long term" cyclics like RoC, RF, etc.

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: Just a small comment. 06/11/2012 09:21 AM CDT
>>I'd hold off on making statements like that.

You also don't need to get all the feats right out the gate. IMO, the only "must have" feat for me right now is raw channeling and maybe efficient channeling, and that's probably only for people who really want to keep cyclics up. I'll get others, but none of the others seem to be all that critical.

Re: Just a small comment. 06/11/2012 10:04 AM CDT
Gonif, are you putting this in the bug DB? That's really where the GMs want us to put bug reports.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: Just a small comment. 06/12/2012 08:46 PM CDT
it still is asking me for a subscription when i try to access that site.

/---
Leucius
Re: Just a small comment. 06/12/2012 09:29 PM CDT
That's because you have to have a login credential. Try emailing Socharis, he might be able to get you set up if he hasn't already.

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.