Ready for Testing 04/13/2012 08:59 PM CDT
Grandfathering, new circle reqs, and the final conversion equations have been implemented. Please subject the test server to as much as you can.

You have two new commands for this:

TEST SKILLS RECONVERT - This is so that you can perform the conversion again, after I fix bugs.
TEST CIRCLE ## - REDUCE your circle to the number specified. This is so you can test circle reqs.

If you're from PLAT, please report and have a GM copy you over, and then relog once the copy has completed.

Let me know if you find any issues. I'll be in and out of the game, but if there's a bug PLEASE post it on the bug report site.

If you don't have an account on the bug report site (bugs.sebeni.us), please let me know immediately and I'll get you set up.

Thanks!

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Ready for Testing 04/13/2012 10:43 PM CDT
Is the test instance actually up? None of my prime characters were copied over, and I can't log in to create a character.

But I can read these forums? And am in plat?

Let's save us all some time: I'm a troll who rarely has anything helpful. There.
Re: Ready for Testing 04/14/2012 12:06 AM CDT
I think I crashed the server by trying to circle too many times too quickly.

"hypocrite, thy name is teveshszat, and i just hope i'm there to see you when you're broght down." - GERSTEINJ2

Chatter[Gonifa] whatever, scripto-gnome.
Re: Ready for Testing 04/15/2012 02:26 PM CDT
Test is down right now - I'll let you know when it's up.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Ready for Testing 04/15/2012 05:30 PM CDT
Test is back up, and I"m monitoring it now.

--

Re: Ready for Testing 04/15/2012 05:40 PM CDT
[18:39] Connected to eaccess.play.net.
[18:39] Connection closed.
[18:39] Connected to dr.simutronics.net.
Please wait for connection to game server.The game is up but access to it has been restricted for internal testing.

:(

"hypocrite, thy name is teveshszat, and i just hope i'm there to see you when you're broght down." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: Ready for Testing 04/15/2012 07:06 PM CDT
Should be resolved

--

Re: Ready for Testing 04/15/2012 09:00 PM CDT
I'm getting an immediate "Connection to the game has been lost. You will need to login again to continue playing." upon trying to log into Test.

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor
Re: Ready for Testing 04/15/2012 09:01 PM CDT
Looks like it's down again. I'll let you know when we're up and running again.

--

Re: Ready for Testing 04/15/2012 09:06 PM CDT
Yeah, I'm hoping it wasn't because I had Divult copied over... If it was, sorry?

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: Ready for Testing 04/15/2012 09:08 PM CDT
I have a feeling that was me. I logged in a character that I had created in test instance a few months ago(to test combat for a newbie). It brought me to character manager and asked for name. When I entered one, game dropped.

Abison/Rystien
Re: Ready for Testing 04/15/2012 10:28 PM CDT
I think we're good to go again. Let's just use existing characters that are imported from Prime, rather than making new ones. We'll do some testing on new character stuff later.

Thanks!

--

Re: Ready for Testing 04/16/2012 01:52 AM CDT
thief combat is still way broken.

Tried Ambush slash a thicket viper with 455 ME, 554 stealth,445 backstab

no RT, no anything, only the following.

You are unable to surprise the thicket viper with your sneak attack!

Attack, slice, etc verbs did not work on the viper at all.

They DID work on a nightstalker unyn, but the same problem with ambush slash occored.

Skills seemed to transfer according to formulas without a hitch. Including the ranks of magic that my thief had <to augmentation, debilitation, etc, etc.>

However, Kalag seems to think Backstab is lore?

when i ask him about exp for circle :

Regarding your lore knowledge, you should work on 6th Survival (Backstab).

Couldn't test Backstab on "critter of choice" gremlins because the seacaves is still the seacaves and not fang cove in test.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Ready for Testing 04/16/2012 02:04 AM CDT

backstab is badly broken. could not backstab a Reiver <rossman's critter> with the aforementioned skills, when I could easily take down raiders, etc. in prime.>

From the messaging when i Marked it, i think some of the calculations that go into backstab <possibly from Stalking?> aren't transfering.

You carefully size up the orc reiver, gauging its overall perception.
As you consider stealing from the orc reiver, you believe you could likely rob it blind.
You also eye the orc reiver over, trying to discern how much wealth it is carrying.
You feel highly confident in the accuracy of your judgement.
As you consider hiding around the orc reiver, you think it'd be lucky to see a baby thief, let alone you.
As you consider an attempt to stalk the orc reiver, you believe it's blind as a bat. Go for it.
As you consider a stealthy assault on the orc reiver, you believe... Perhaps you should just give up and become a paladin?

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Ready for Testing 04/16/2012 02:06 AM CDT
If you could keep bug posts to the bug forums it would be greatly appreciated. Bugs posted on forums are difficult to keep track of.

Also, this testing run is only intended to test the skills conversions and circle reqs - No changes have been made to Combat.

Thanks!

--

Re: Ready for Testing 04/16/2012 03:14 AM CDT
This just seems odd. Maybe the Guildleader could word it differently....

Barbarian:

Regarding your magic knowledge, you should work on 1st Supernatural (Augmentation), 2nd Supernatural (Debilitation), Inner Fire.

Once you've accomplished that, come see me again."
>ask agonar about magic
Agonar blinks at you incredulously and exclaims, "Magic?! We don't need no stinkin' magic!!" The Barbarian whacks you up'side the head for your insolence.

/---
Leucius
Re: Ready for Testing 04/16/2012 07:43 AM CDT
>>Agonar blinks at you incredulously and exclaims, "Magic?! We don't need no stinkin' magic!!" The Barbarian whacks you up'side the head for your insolence.

The OOC exp output categorizes inner magic as magic, but I don't think that means an IC guild leader would necessarily do it as well.

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: Ready for Testing 04/16/2012 08:48 AM CDT
<<The OOC exp output>>

yes, but this is something the GUILDLEADER says, which our characters would take as IC. He should call it supernatural rather than "magic".

/---
Leucius
Re: Ready for Testing 04/16/2012 09:15 AM CDT
>>yes, but this is something the GUILDLEADER says, which our characters would take as IC. He should call it supernatural rather than "magic".

I was referencing the copy/paste you gave about Agonar's response to being asked about magic. Wasn't sure why you were pasting it.

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: Ready for Testing 04/16/2012 09:30 PM CDT
Everything looks 100% accurate to me :)

Thank you for all of your hard work!

~Leilond
http://tinyurl.com/Leilond-Portrait
http://drzeal.forumotion.com Learn How to PvP!