ME and LE combo- questions, comments 09/18/2011 06:35 AM CDT
1, I was able to use a former ME <scim> as offhand weapon as a necromancer. As this class is weapon tert, with the combination is this intended?

2. Backstab: in lore... Intended?

3. Backstab: still getting the "awkward but useable" when using weapons that were formerly "me".

4. Results in killing critters with backstab were totally very,very, VERY disappointing. I was getting brushing hits, glancing hits on raiders in rossmans, which was the major source of boxes for my thief to train on. I couldn't kill them with Backstab at 431, 60 agility/reflex,discipline, 50 strength and with khri spar going. That in my considered opinion is too much of a nerf. I was learning the skill, but not killing. In prime I am able to one-hit BS them.

Explore the Final Frontier - the unknown calls
Re: ME and LE combo- questions, comments 09/18/2011 10:21 AM CDT
I'm pretty much waiting on a red name post here stating when the offense/defense calcs are revised/fixed before I do further testing. I do not believe the current system is what is intended, as it seems all anyone ever lands is glancing/grazing strikes.

~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://drzeal.forumotion.com Learn How to PvP!
Re: ME and LE combo- questions, comments 09/18/2011 10:26 AM CDT
I regularly seem to get good or hard strikes in the system that's in testing right now. I'm not sure how far off things are from what's intended.
Re: ME and LE combo- questions, comments 09/18/2011 11:01 AM CDT
This is test:

>back
Your sabre is a little awkward, but usable.
You slip out of concealment and backstab a red bear orc raider!
< With pathetic timing and at a severe disadvantage, you thrust a deep grey sabre with a supple leather grip at a red bear orc raider. A red bear orc raider dodges.
[You're incredibly balanced and in superior position.]
[Roundtime 4 sec.]
>
* Ineptly, a red bear orc raider feints to the side at you. You dodge.
[You're incredibly balanced and in superior position.]
>
* Tentatively, a red bear orc raider feints low at you. You dodge.
[You're incredibly balanced and in dominating position.]
>hide
You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.
Roundtime: 2 sec.

>back
You slip out of concealment and backstab a red bear orc raider!
< Apparently without direction or thought and clearly outmaneuvered, you thrust a deep grey sabre with a supple leather grip at a red bear orc raider. A red bear orc raider dodges.
[You're incredibly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]
>
* As if effort and skill were a bad thing, a red bear orc raider sweeps low at you. You dodge.
[You're incredibly balanced and overwhelming your opponent.]
>
* Awkwardly, a red bear orc raider slices wide at you. You dodge.
>
* Tentatively, a red bear orc raider slices a pitted steel broadsword at you. You dodge.
>hide
* Tentatively, a red bear orc raider sweeps low at you. You dodge.
>
You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.
Roundtime: 2 sec.

This is in prime:

>back
You slip out of concealment and backstab a red bear orc clan-chief!
< Moving with incredible power and control, you thrust a deep grey sabre with a supple leather grip at a red bear orc clan-chief. A red bear orc clan-chief attempts to evade, taking the full blow. The sabre lands a demolishing hit that shoves the sabre clean through the mouth and out the back of the head (Say 'ah'!).
The orc clan-chief looks down with a faintly surprised expression before collapsing upon the ground.
[You're nimbly balanced]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]
>loot all
You search the orc clan-chief.
The orc clan-chief was carrying a rust-streaked chain shirt, a notched steel greatsword, an oiled leather sack, and a crudely-sewn hide sack.
You also find 8 copper coins, 2 bronze coins, and 1 gold coin!

The difference is quite noticable.

Explore the Final Frontier - the unknown calls
Re: ME and LE combo- questions, comments 09/18/2011 11:38 AM CDT
>>I'm pretty much waiting on a red name post here stating when the offense/defense calcs are revised/fixed before I do further testing. I do not believe the current system is what is intended, as it seems all anyone ever lands is glancing/grazing strikes.

This is basically my view, as well.
Re: ME and LE combo- questions, comments 09/18/2011 11:59 AM CDT
Things are off, but people are on both ends. I can hit Black Goblins with good and hard hits and they cannot touch me. This with 359 HE, 497 shield and 472 evasion.

Abison