Skill combine, some math 09/09/2011 04:38 AM CDT
With the skill combine, I sat down with both prime and test characters to do the math and although it was stated our "lost" experience will go into some sort of pool, it *still" has the effect or "feel" of a loss.

For my thief <which is the only one i did calculations on so far> I lost a total of 3538 skills that were "combined" or just lost, in HC,cloth, bone, LE, lightblunt,staff sling, longbow, composite bow, heavy crossbow,QS, pike, power perception, lockpick, stalk, escaping, swim, scholarship, animal lore, percussion, winds, and vocals, scouting, trading and astrology.

I gained 751 total ranks in the "new" skills of melee mastery, missle mastery, and tactics.

Yielding a total loss of 2787. At least the impression seems to me as a loss.

Now, part of this might be reacquired in pools, but from what was posted in regard to vocals, people DID take time to learn this. And took time out from learning other skills in order to do so <as you can't cast magic, or engage in offensive combat while "humming">. It still "feels" like a loss, and once it hits the general DR population I'm sure many others will feel this way as well.

Again, this is just my impression, but we players work hard and put in many hours/ years/ decades ...to gain all those numbers.

Explore the Final Frontier - the unknown calls