Are you Down With Empathy? 05/22/2009 12:37 AM CDT
So here's my first test result (after Zeyurn asked us to fixwall)

244 Empathy
Int: 27
Wis: 26
Disc: 37

NEW
53 minutes to ML Empathy.
78 minutes to drain completely.

OLD
15 minutes to ML Empathy.
45 minutes to drain to learning.

Does that seem about right? It was definitely a chore to get to ML. I know we're not supposed to strive for ML as the ultimate learning goal, yet I do assume that we should still be able to reach ML under reasonable circumstances.

It did feel like a huge grind, and took a while to get even to the middle of the pool.

I haven't had a chance to try healing because of healme, so meh.

I am definitely going to have to rewrite all my scripts, and not only to account for all of the new learning states. Formerly, I prioritized all of my skills and went down them in a list, but that would just take a really, really long time at this point. It definitely seems more feasible to shoot for somewhere in the middle or the upper third of the pool, since taking one skill to mind lock is non-trivial now.

If the Empathy result is atypical, one thing I might suggest is to change the perc health timer. Right now I think it's a static 20 seconds. If it varied based on skill, that might be one way that higher level Empaths could learn more, without having to do too much to the EXP granted itself. I have heard that higher Empaths have trouble locking Empathy under the current system. Possibly new healing will help that somewhat as well.

Hopefully this is at least vaguely useful.

-- Player of Szrael --

You grip the oversized book hanging from your leather belt and survey the area with a hint of malice in your eyes.

With a violent cross-body motion, you draw your oversized book.
Re: Are you Down With Empathy? 05/22/2009 12:44 AM CDT
>>Does that seem about right? It was definitely a chore to get to ML. I know we're not supposed to strive for ML as the ultimate learning goal, yet I do assume that we should still be able to reach ML under reasonable circumstances.

I would urge that we remember the fact that the total pool size is much larger than currently in prime against which you are testing, which is why it takes longer to fill it. I'm not discrediting your observations by any means. Just wanted to refresh that fact so that it is kept in mind when looking at the situation.

GM Oolan Jeel

"The difference between theory and practice is that in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice."
- Richard Moore
Re: Are you Down With Empathy? 05/22/2009 12:46 AM CDT
I mainly wanted to make sure that my Empathy results are in line with what other people at similar skill/stat levels are experiencing when trying to fill primary pools.

-- Player of Szrael --

You grip the oversized book hanging from your leather belt and survey the area with a hint of malice in your eyes.

Re: Are you Down With Empathy? 05/22/2009 12:55 AM CDT
The pool's about three times larger and you took just a little over three times longer, I'd say that's probably correct.

-Z
Re: Are you Down With Empathy? 05/22/2009 01:00 AM CDT
I don't really object to it. Upon rereading my post it seems a lot more like a complaint than I intended.

I'm not a huge fan of perc health walks anyway so it probably made me sort of irritable. I'm glad it looks good.

I will continue trying to break things.

-- Player of Szrael --

Re: Are you Down With Empathy? 05/22/2009 01:24 AM CDT
I didn't think it was a complaint, it's useful data :)

I'm just saying, the pools ARE a lot larger, you should expect it does take considerably longer to lock, especially with speedier drain from lower mindstates. Lore skills however probably have an element of pain in them :P

-Z
Re: Are you Down With Empathy? 05/22/2009 01:26 AM CDT
<<Lore skills however probably have an element of pain in them :P

Nice pun.

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386AV.
Re: Are you Down With Empathy? 05/22/2009 11:51 AM CDT
<<Lorz-I haven't had a chance to try healing because of healme, so meh.

I can disintigrate myself at will for your healing pleasure. Send me an IM at DRMhaeric if you want to do some testing.

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386AV.
Re: Are you Down With Empathy? 05/22/2009 12:35 PM CDT
>>Lore skills however probably have an element of pain in them :P

GENT