RT/Damage Feedback 09/23/2012 05:35 PM CDT
In an attempt to bring to light a potential issue I'm noticing with the system, please check out the combat logs, skills and stats below.

tl;dr summary: I believe the system to be far too dependent on the damage stats of the weapon. I have roughly the same Roundtime per attack, same fatigue drain per attack and I'm performing much better in terms of damage using a big two handed weapon than I am using an auction-grade small edged weapon, despite the fact I have over 700 ranks higher in the small edged weapon skill than I do the skill of the big weapon.

As I said in my previous post this is an unfinished system so I'm not going to stress too much about it; however... I wanted to ask, I thought one of the goals of the new system was to make smaller weapons more desirable and not less desirable in combat? As it stands, from what I've seen I really can't think of a reason why I would ever want to use a light weapon over a big damaging one :P

Strength: 99
Agility: 99
Stamina: 99

*Log #1*
Weapon Skill: Polearms, 250 Ranks
Total RT: 10
Total Fatigue Drain: 5%

> jab

Your base offense is a lot superior to your opponent's base defense.
< Moving in with powerful grace, you jab a tempered partisan at a young forest gryphon. A young forest gryphon fails to dodge, avoiding only some of the blow.
The partisan lands a heavy (8/23) strike that scratches the right bicep (But another battle scar for the gryphon's collection!).
[You're nimbly balanced and in better position.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]
R> jab

< Driving in with naturally fluid movements, you jab a tempered partisan at a young forest gryphon. A young forest gryphon attempts to evade, stepping partially into the shot.
The partisan lands a very heavy (9/23) hit that rips away the eyebrow and surrounding tissue above the left eye.
[Roundtime 2 sec.]
R> jab

< Moving in with powerful grace, you jab a tempered partisan at a young forest gryphon. A young forest gryphon fails to dodge, twisting partially away from much of the blow.
The partisan lands an extremely heavy (10/23) hit that cuts deeply into the gryphon's right tricep.
[You're nimbly balanced and in strong position.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]
R> slice
Your base defense is a lot superior to your opponent's base offense.
* Apparently without direction or thought, a young forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You dodge.
[You're adeptly balanced and in very strong position.]
>
* Ineptly, a fledgling forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You dodge.
[You're adeptly balanced and have slight advantage.]
>
< Driving in with naturally fluid movements, you slice a tempered partisan at a young forest gryphon. A young forest gryphon attempts to evade, stepping partially into the shot.
The partisan lands a massive (12/23) strike that explodes the heart and lungs with a bone-shattering blow to the chest.
A young forest gryphon collapses into a lifeless mound of fur and feathers.
[You're adeptly balanced]
[Roundtime 4 sec.]

*Log #2*
Weapon Skill: Small Edged, 985 Ranks
Total RT: 13
Total Fatigue Drain: 6%

> jab

< Driving in with naturally fluid movements, you jab a T'Kashi mirror blade at a fledgling forest gryphon. A fledgling forest gryphon attempts to dodge, failing miserably.
The blade lands a heavy (8/23) strike that scratches the right hamstring in a light (2/23) blow barely worth mentioning.
[Roundtime 2 sec.]
R> jab

< Moving in with powerful grace, you jab a T'Kashi mirror blade at a fledgling forest gryphon. A fledgling forest gryphon fails to evade, moving directly into the blow.
The blade lands a strong (7/23) hit that scratches the right bicep (But another battle scar for the gryphon's collection!).
[You're nimbly balanced with no advantage.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]
R> jab

< Moving in with powerful grace, you jab a T'Kashi mirror blade at a fledgling forest gryphon. A fledgling forest gryphon fails to dodge, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow.
The blade lands a heavy (8/23) strike that barely pierces the skin to nick the chest.
[You're adeptly balanced and in good position.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]
R>
The forest gryphon closes to pole weapon range on you!
R>
* Ineptly, a fledgling forest gryphon rakes a set of large, sharp claws at you. You block solidly with a forearm-sized aegis crafted with metal-edged scales.
[You're adeptly balanced and in strong position.]
R> slice

< Moving like a striking snake, you slice a T'Kashi mirror blade at a fledgling forest gryphon. A fledgling forest gryphon fails to evade, moving directly into the blow.
The blade lands an extremely heavy (10/23) hit that shatters the right elbow into grinding splinters.
[You're adeptly balanced and in superior position.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]
R>
The forest gryphon closes to melee range on you!
> chop

< Driving in like an unbeatable force, you chop a T'Kashi mirror blade at a fledgling forest gryphon. A fledgling forest gryphon attempts to evade, leaning wrong and blundering into the blow.
The blade lands a massive (12/23) strike that cleaves off the nose and surrounding bone.
A fledgling forest gryphon collapses into a lifeless mound of fur and feathers.
[You're adeptly balanced]
[Roundtime 4 sec.]

__
You hear the voice of Jaedren exclaim, "Look! I'm Leilond!"
You notice Jaedren come out of hiding.
Jaedren shimmers out of sight.