Note on RTs - from the K man. 09/17/2012 11:13 PM CDT
[Morpion] "<chat>" "Don't like 3 seconds with my LE briquet that was 1 second before."
[Kodius] "<chat>" "Well, I am tweaking things a bit. In general RTs will be increasing a little."
[Totendanz] "<chat>" " what will they be for 2HE?"
[Kodius] "<chat>" "9 seconds will remain the cap, but you'll see more randomness with the RT overall."
[Kodius] "<chat>" "2HE won't be any worse than a LE in terms of stats needed to get min RTs, most likely. Though power/balance will play a part."
[Totendanz] "<chat>" "50 strength
[Totendanz] "<chat>" "with all they're doing with wis/intell and magic, strength has to count for something. :-("
[Kodius] "<chat>" "Heh, it will. And 50 is probably a good number for decent RTs overall."

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: Note on RTs - from the K man. 09/18/2012 01:30 PM CDT
I am working on RTs this week - the current implementation in Test is not representative of what I have in mind.

As for damage, generally critters appear to take a few more hits to kill with comparable skill based on my testing, but please continue to give me feedback. Tweaking plans:

1). Add in RT changes and see how time-to-kill looks.

2). Figure out how to fix fatigue

3). Tweak how often players get hit in combat

4). Assuming those go well, dive into experience learning

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Note on RTs - from the K man. 09/18/2012 04:25 PM CDT
5). Make it so the basic scimitar in Evan's test room isn't better than a mirror blade? :3

i.e. I think the benefits of balance/suitedness vs raw weapon damage could use a look at. Last time I tested, the 1 step up in slice damage of the scimitar vs mirror blade apparently more than makes up for the 6+ levels of balance/suitedness of the mirror blade in terms of DPS.

__
You hear the voice of Jaedren exclaim, "Look! I'm Leilond!"
You notice Jaedren come out of hiding.
Jaedren shimmers out of sight.