comparison testing 09/15/2012 01:27 PM CDT
Time it takes to kill in seconds using ~270 LE and nothing else (so no disablers, combat boosters, etc).
Plat rotation: feint draw slice chop
Test rotation: feint draw slice chop

Plat weapon:
somewhat fair (4/25) puncture damage
somewhat moderate (6/25) slice damage
dismal (1/25) impact damage
incredibly balanced and is not (0/13) suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.
practically invulnerable to damage (18/18), and is practically in mint condition (90-97%).
weighs exactly 6 stones.

Test weapon:
somewhat fair (4/25) puncture damage
fair (5/25) slice damage
dismal (1/25) impact damage
excellently (10/13) balanced and is dismally (2/13) suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.
average construction (9/18), and is in pristine condition (98-100%).
weighs exactly 10 stones.

monsterplat timestest timesnotes
adan'f mage 35, 46, 72 64, 62, 91 They're a lot better at parrying in Plat
adan'f warrior 87, 66, 58 102, 107, 84
red gremlin weapon30, 28, 36 44, 41, 40
red gremlin no weapon20, 24, 18 30, 33, 30
fledgling gryphon36, 42, 53 33, 48, 32
young gryphon60, 30, 54 50, 53, 41

Observations:
1) Non-armored mobs seem to take roughly the same amount of time to kill
2) Armored things take longer
3) Things that parry/block take longer to kill, even though they parry/block better in Plat. In other words, they seem to do more partial parries in Test more constantly, as opposed to either parrying it perfectly or taking a large amount of damage in Plat
4) I'm really not feeling being so tired (or more) after/during each fight. I had to use HEALME once or twice during each battle to stay above tired, and once between fights, too.

Sidenotes:
1) New balance levels = nice
2) CRITTERS STACK IN A REVERSE ORDER NOW!? STICK A FORK IN 3.0 NO OTHER WORK NEEDS TO BE DONE. Seriously, this is a great addition. Big congratulations for doing this. No matter how most people will feel about the other 3.0 tweaks, I think everyone is going to be very happy over this one.

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: comparison testing 09/15/2012 01:31 PM CDT
As one more note I forgot to add:

It's possible that I could be doing a "better" job fighting in Test. I used the same rotation as a comparison control and because when the critter I kill dies, the script that does that rotation ends and tells me how long it ran. This made it a lot easier to track how long it took to kill something.

"You always have to be a know-it-all. And you don't. Know. It. All." - GERSTEINJ2
Re: comparison testing 09/15/2012 03:10 PM CDT
>>2) CRITTERS STACK IN A REVERSE ORDER NOW!?

What do you mean by this?

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: comparison testing 09/15/2012 03:16 PM CDT
>>What do you mean by this?

The first X stays the first X even after a new X arrives, because that new X is the second X.

In other words, if you "cast third gargoyle" and between you typing that and it happening, a new gargoyle arrives, the third one is still the third one.

Re: comparison testing 09/15/2012 04:01 PM CDT
I see. Awesome.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha