General impressions 08/16/2012 06:48 PM CDT
Ok, finally got my barbarian copied over, so did a small amount of testing in the critters she usually fights plat-side <rossman gryphs>.

Still was able to kill things in the same amount of time - my weapons on that char were comparable to the ones i have plat-side, not quite as good, but not too inferior. <have ote and dark-defender weapons in plat, old forged bastie in prime and festival scim -forget which shop>
Defenses the armor set-up is i think a bit inferior to the gear i have on my plat girl, possibly enough to effect the following. I'll have to see if i can switch some gear that i have on my thief and change-up the armor, see if i get better results.

Meanwhile, it seems I was getting hurt a heck of a lot more than what i do plat-side- I can go for quite awhile without getting scratched plat-side, whereas i was getting battered and brused with much more frequency.

Am trying out the various forms, and it seemed to make no difference whether i did form python, monkey, or buffalo. They didn't seem to give the boost i get with badger in regular DR, and definately doesn't compare favorably with berserk stone. I will try out the new berserks and see how they stack up once I switch out the armor, and see what happens.

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: General impressions 08/17/2012 12:15 AM CDT
When you post observations, please include stats, skills and the exact name of the enemy you were hunting. Stance %s also help.

In general I've observed folks having difficulty maintaining incredibly balanced, and the loss of that large defensive boost is causing problems staying alive.

Also, most abilities will not bonus as much as they used to due to the new global cap numbers. They still give a nice bonus, but in some cases you may have been doubling your effective defensive ranks in the old system. A better first comparison may be hunting in Plat without any barbarian abilities active, versus Test with none active.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: General impressions 08/17/2012 12:35 AM CDT
>>whether i did form python, monkey, or buffalo

Some other thoughts...

Buffalo likely won't affect defenses, it is only an encumberance reducer. All forms take 60 seconds to reach full strength, so please keep that in mind. Also, were you stacking all 3? That should help more than one at a time.

Finally, what was your Augmentation skill?

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: General impressions 08/17/2012 03:03 AM CDT
Circle 52 Barbarian:

Your stats:
Strength : 32 Reflex : 35
Agility : 35 Charisma : 25
Discipline : 30 Wisdom : 25
Intelligence : 28 Stamina : 30

Parry Ability: 228 58% clear (0/34) Small Edged: 275 00% clear (0/34)
Twohanded Edged: 272 03% clear (0/34) Melee Mastery: 272 05% clear
Evasion: 288 21.08% clear (0/34)

rossman gryphons: baby and fledglings.

Augmentation: 74 10.20% dabbling (1/34)

weapons using: <correction, ME is old forged, not festival.>

appr my scim careful

A metallic blue scimitar is a medium edged melee-ranged weapon.
A metallic blue scimitar trains the small edged skill.

You wonder if it could do:
poor puncture damage
heavy slice damage
low impact damage
no fire damage
no cold damage
no electric damage

You are certain that the scimitar is fairly balanced and is reasonably suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the metallic blue scimitar is marginally vulnerable to damage, and is in pristine condition.

The metallic blue scimitar is made with metal.
The metallic blue scimitar feels light.
You are certain that the metallic blue scimitar is worth exactly 525 kronars.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.
only 102 appraisal, appraisal by my trader yields the following:
appr my scim careful

A metallic blue scimitar is a medium edged melee-ranged weapon.
A metallic blue scimitar trains the small edged skill.

You wonder if it could do:
poor puncture damage
heavy slice damage
low impact damage
no fire damage
no cold damage
no electric damage

You are certain that the scimitar is fairly balanced and is reasonably suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the metallic blue scimitar is marginally vulnerable to damage, and is in pristine condition.

The metallic blue scimitar is made with metal.
You are confident that the metallic blue scimitar weighs around 35 stones.
You are certain that the metallic blue scimitar is worth exactly 525 kronars, 420 lirums, or 378 dokoras.

which is wierd because usually i don't get "wonder" with the trader on appraisal.

trying again with better equipment, will see if makes a difference.

<stormbull leathers, chain peripheals for head/hand>

>

/---
Oh and last one, DR at any given time has a population of weenies that will criticize at the drop of a hat, don't take things personally it happens to everyone.
Leucius
Re: General impressions 08/17/2012 03:12 AM CDT
stance is >stance
You are currently using 100% of your evasion skill.
You are currently using 85% of your shield block skill.
You are currently using 0% of your weapon parry skill.
You are attacking with 100% of your offensive skill.

Shield Usage: 248 67% dabbling (1/34) Light Armor: 275 76% dabbling (1/34)
Chain Armor: 169 21% dabbling (1/34) Defending: 268 39% perusing (2/34)

/---
Leucius
Re: General impressions 08/17/2012 03:35 AM CDT
ok, things seemed to go better with better armor-equip. also used a combination of contemplation meditation plus python form. which made things a bit better.
Still didn't seem to recuperate as fast from a minor hit to the hands.

One thing that U noticed different is with Attack and Brawl; don't know if its intended.

With no weapon in hand, if i tried to ATTACK, in current DR, this teaches brawling. In test i got the message "wouldn't you do better with a weapon> <I am wearing brawling gear <knuckles, footwraps, etc>. I could use the "punch" type specific brawl moves though.

When I tried this with left hand <with a weapon in my right>, as "attack left" <my left hand was empty>, I learned off-hand. In current DR you don't learn off-hand, you learn brawl with the same scenario, you actually have to be holding a weapon to learn off-hand.

Is this intended?

/---
Leucius