Different appraisal on the same gauntlets 09/13/2011 06:58 AM CDT
In prime my paladin has a complete HP set-up. When I appraise his gauntlets in prime, they appraise as HP.

when i appraise them in test, however, they appraise, and teach brigadine. this is what they appraise like in test:

The gauntlets are brigandine armor.

The gauntlets look like they offer protection for the following areas:

right hand
left hand

You guess that some articulated jousting gauntlets with embossed brass guards appear to impose fair maneuvering hindrance and insignificant stealth hindrance, offering:
very high protection and very high damage absorption for puncture attacks.
great protection and high damage absorption for slice attacks.
fair protection and great damage absorption for impact attacks.
good protection and very good damage absorption for fire attacks.
moderate protection and good damage absorption for cold attacks.
poor protection and extreme damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing some articulated jousting gauntlets with embossed brass guards your maneuvering would be minimally hindered and your stealth would be minimally hindered.
But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently lightly hindered and your stealth is highly hindered.

You are confident that the gauntlets are of average construction, and are practically in mint condition.

The gauntlets are made with metal.
The gauntlets feels light.
You are confident that the gauntlets are worth about 304 lirums.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.
>
* Log-on system converted 100% of your character's field experience into earned rank. *
You've gained a new rank in maneuvering in brigandine armor.
You've gained a new rank in maneuvering in brigandine armor.

>tap my gaunt
You tap some articulated jousting gauntlets with embossed brass guards that you are wearin

I believe i won them a long time ago at some mentor-sponsored jousting event, i've had them for awhile. not sure how much they weigh. Its fine with me if they teach another armor, just wonder whether its intended.

Explore the Final Frontier - the unknown calls