Social Outrage 01/01/2017 12:20 PM CST

Since social outrage can come from several sources would it be possible to add a timer to tell how much longer it will last? Like a recall feature or perceive?

OR!

What about adding some kind of penance system, similar to the task system? You can collect sticks, feed the poor, or other community service activity to reduce social outrage.

OR!

A spell or ability for clerics where they can either perceive how much longer it will last, or they can vouch for the person to help reduce it?

(ideas from the player of Uthgaar as I sit here whining that I am stuck piddling around wondering how long the stupid social outrage will last)
Re: Social Outrage 01/03/2017 11:23 AM CST
>>Since social outrage can come from several sources would it be possible to add a timer to tell how much longer it will last? Like a recall feature or perceive?

I wouldn't be against a better timer, or if it was less binary ("everyone freaks out!" vs "everyone is on edge!"). So maybe over time some NPCs could still possibly freak out, but others might have forgotten by then. Maybe even make it charisma/performance based!

>>What about adding some kind of penance system, similar to the task system? You can collect sticks, feed the poor, or other community service activity to reduce social outrage.

My gut feeling is that if you could nice your way out of it, it wouldn't be an issue worth of the SO system to begin with.

>>A spell or ability for clerics where they can either perceive how much longer it will last, or they can vouch for the person to help reduce it?

Given some of the sources of SO, I feel like Clerics doing this would be a notable risk for the Cleric, most likely causing SO on themselves than reducing it for someone else.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.