Learning thievery from being arrested for disturbing the peace 07/22/2014 07:37 PM CDT
My bard accidentally ran afoul of the law by forgetting that casting DMRS in town is something of a bad idea. Today, I had just logged in and went to the plaza and got arrested for that within 3 minutes of logging in. And then gained two ranks of thievery (from 2 ranks to 4) from the experience.
Re: Learning thievery from being arrested for disturbing the peace 07/22/2014 07:47 PM CDT
Yeah, I fixed an exp bug where escaping guards wasn't properly teaching.

Pre 3.0 it checked and taught escaping.

Post 3.0 it checks thievery & evasion but was still trying to teach escaping. It now properly teaches thievery (But not evasion since, well, combat.)

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Learning thievery from being arrested for disturbing the peace 07/23/2014 11:34 AM CDT
>>Post 3.0 it checks thievery & evasion but was still trying to teach escaping. It now properly teaches thievery (But not evasion since, well, combat.)

Not that it has to stay true to original form, but shouldn't it teach/check thievery and athleticism (since that's where escaping was merged into?).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Learning thievery from being arrested for disturbing the peace 07/23/2014 11:39 AM CDT
Escaping wasn't 100% merged into athletics, it was migrated in a few cases over to more fitting skills.

It was sort of a weird catch all skill.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose