No charges being made - BUG 04/08/2012 12:02 PM CDT
I am seemingly unable to get charged for felony stealing, pickpocketing or hooliganism.

I can be accused, or commit crimes directly in front of a guard and I will not be charge or arrested for any of these crimes. I will however be charged for thievery, when caught stealing from shops.

Is this intended? So far, I have only tested this in Zoluren. Working on others now.

GENT
Re: No charges being made - BUG 04/08/2012 12:03 PM CDT
Spitting doesn't trigger hooliganism anymore?

Also, did you try stealing from the beggar?

"hypocrite, thy name is teveshszat, and i just hope i'm there to see you when you're broght down." - GERSTEINJ2

Chatter[Gonifa] whatever, scripto-gnome.
Re: No charges being made - BUG 04/08/2012 12:09 PM CDT
For felony stealing, another PC has to ACCUSE you successfully.

<<as I firmly believe that upstanding citizens have the inalienable right to strike down musicians whenever possible.>>
Re: No charges being made - BUG 04/08/2012 03:18 PM CDT
Spitting in front of the guards did not trigger a warrant.

I stole from the veteran, the beggar and the minstrel, all while in front of guards. Didn't matter the number of times I was caught, there was no warrant.

I was accused by multiple 'test subjects,' in front of guards, again no warrant.

There is definitely a bug in there somewhere. As I mentioned before, I do get warrants for thievery, and sometimes get the auto-arrest from thievery charges.

I haven't been able to find anyone to test murder, and I don't think Rangers have any abilities that trigger endangering the public(?). Still working on it.

This was all in the Crossing. I will get to other provinces later today.

GENT
Re: No charges being made - BUG 04/08/2012 03:26 PM CDT
Save yourself some money. Thievery is the only stealing charge that exists anymore. This has been the case since justice was updated a few years back. Hooliganism is also no longer an available offense.

GM Jaedren
Events Guy
Re: No charges being made - BUG 04/09/2012 01:29 AM CDT
<<Hooliganism is also no longer an available offense.>>

Good to know!

proceeds to spit....

speaking of which, how about tobacco that can be spit? the only tobacco sold has to be smoked in a pipe. :-)

<<as I firmly believe that upstanding citizens have the inalienable right to strike down musicians whenever possible.>>
Re: No charges being made - BUG 04/09/2012 11:20 PM CDT
>>Thievery is the only stealing charge that exists anymore.

So you are no longer supposed to be charged for stealing from NPCs or other players? Cool. <begin spree>

GENT
Re: No charges being made - BUG 04/09/2012 11:24 PM CDT
no, you're charged with the blanket charge of Thievery. Not the other charges <pickpocketing, pilfering, felony stealing>. They just rolled them all into one ur-charge.

Re: No charges being made - BUG 04/10/2012 10:05 PM CDT
I guess that was my point. You don't get charged with ANYTHING (thievery, felony stealing, pilfering) for stealing NPCs or PCs. You can only get charged (with thievery) for stealing from shops. I repeated this in Haven.

If this is intended, it is definitely a change from before, and I don't think that it was properly communicated. I'm just trying to figure out if this is a bug or not.

Thanks!
GENT
Re: No charges being made - BUG 04/11/2012 05:56 AM CDT
which instance is this in? i know i've had my barb charged for stealing from the beggar platside. Damn beggar. :-(.

Re: No charges being made - BUG 04/11/2012 04:03 PM CDT
Prime.

GENT
Re: No charges being made - BUG 04/11/2012 07:15 PM CDT
I just got charged with Thievery for stealing from the beggar and then again from stealing from the veteran. Either a stealth fix or something character specific is going on.

Tachid smugly exclaims, "Die midget!"
Re: No charges being made - BUG 04/11/2012 07:19 PM CDT
sometimes justice gets turned off for an event. not sure why this would be happening in crossing though, it hasn't been invaded lately tmk.

Re: No charges being made - BUG 04/12/2012 04:19 PM CDT
Found it.

Apparently the messaging for getting a warrant is being gagged. I can't figure out how/why/what changed on my end, but that is my best bet.

I can 'get caught' NPC stealing, and then surrender after a few seconds, so it seems I'm just not receiving the message from Genie. Investigating.

Sorry for being such a dunce.

GENT