re: Vault Furniture! 12/11/2010 01:36 PM CST
Neato! Questions:

1. Will these function like the current shelves in that they hold as many items as you want to put in them, or will they be more like home furniture where they have a limit to what can be put in them?

<<- You are limited in the number of these items that you can install in your vault. Premium members may have up to 3 in the vault, and basic members can have up to 2.
<<- Each shop limits you to buying only 3 items, so choose carefully.

I'm going to assume this means that the purchase is permanent, non-refundable, and non-exchangable unlike home furniture, correct? Which leads to...

<<- In the future, there is a possibility that specialty furniture may be auctioned off.

Does this mean that if we're already at our max furniture items for our vault, these would be useless to us?

-Evran

"RAGE + TEAR + EYE + RESO + HARM + DRUM + MISD + PRIDE + Your choice of Cyclic + AoE stun/knockdown as needed without losing buffs = OMG! I just crapped my pants!" -Evran
re: Vault Furniture! 12/11/2010 01:50 PM CST
I just assisted in game, since the announcement I can't close my vault anymore.

Just a heads up.

- Aristron
re: Vault Furniture! 12/11/2010 01:55 PM CST

Hey Gang

>>can't close my vault anymore.

Sit tight, this is being worked on.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
re: Vault Furniture! 12/11/2010 01:58 PM CST
I have a question, and perhaps I am missing something but...

What's the point? Does it increase the item limit for vaults or something?

Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Codiax
re: Vault Furniture! 12/11/2010 02:15 PM CST
Vaults went haywire there for a minute and wouldn't close. That has been fixed, but the vault furniture release has been pushed back about an hour. I'll answer all questions then :)

-Absinal
re: Vault Furniture! 12/11/2010 02:18 PM CST
I was wondering why I couldn't find the shop on Ratha... ;)
re: Vault Furniture! 12/11/2010 03:36 PM CST
>What's the point? Does it increase the item limit for vaults or something?

Seems it would make sorting easier without having to sort into things like backpacks which increase your vault inventory count.

~V
___

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition."

- Henry V, William Shakespeare
re: Vault Furniture! 12/11/2010 03:53 PM CST
Ok guys! The shops are open, and the vaults close correctly! All is peachy!

In response to the questions posed earlier:

<<Will these function like the current shelves in that they hold as many items as you want to put in them, or will they be more like home furniture where they have a limit to what can be put in them?

They are limited, but they should hold enough to make most people happy :)

<<I'm going to assume this means that the purchase is permanent, non-refundable, and non-exchangable unlike home furniture, correct?

That is correct.

<<Does this mean that if we're already at our max furniture items for our vault, these would be useless to us?

Also correct! Leave room if you feel like you might want a special cool awesome organizing item later (assuming someone auctions one).

<<What's the point? Does it increase the item limit for vaults or something?

It doesn't increase or decrease your limits at all. Its simply for people like me that like to organize things better :)

-Absinal
re: Vault Furniture! 12/11/2010 03:54 PM CST
So LTB alteration of vault furniture, probably a no?

re: Vault Furniture! 12/11/2010 04:03 PM CST
<<So LTB alteration of vault furniture, probably a no?

LTB Alteration is a no, but a face-to-face alterer is a definite possibility.
re: Vault Furniture! 12/11/2010 04:17 PM CST
How does it work if buy three while premium and then drop premium service later?
re: Vault Furniture! 12/11/2010 11:05 PM CST
<How does it work if buy three while premium and then drop premium service later?

Well, in the original post it states that the premium members only purchase them at discounted rates in the Seacaves shop. They don't add to your item count so if you drop premium status and vault size decreases, these items will still function the same.

>>"It's part of the whole unnatural abominations upon Elanthia deal."<<

-Armifer
re: Vault Furniture! 12/12/2010 12:50 AM CST
The original post states basic members can have 2 items in the vault, premium can have 3. I think that's what they're wondering. Will one just go poof, or what.

DRPrime - Celeres Turrance
DRPrime - NecroUnknown
re: Vault Furniture! 12/12/2010 12:12 PM CST
>>It doesn't increase or decrease your limits at all. Its simply for people like me that like to organize things better :)

Hey that makes sense, I had tunnel vision apparently.

Here's a question. The shop for non-premies is on Ratha. Currently I reside in Hib, so I would have to travel to Ratha to buy these....then do I walk them to Hib to put them in my current vault or do I have to transfer my vault, wait 4 hours, put them in the Ratha vault, then transfer back to Hib?

Thanks.

Forged Weapons:
re: Vault Furniture! 12/12/2010 12:18 PM CST
They didn't fit in my backpack, and you have to manually PUT (ITEM) IN VAULT, so your best bet (unless you have a large container that will fit them or can leave two items in your hand) may be to transfer your vault over, and immediately buy and place.

__
AIM: Ysselt
As a bard, you can use SONG to list the enchantes you know.
You have learned Heart Link [hl], Nissa's Binding [nb] from scrolls and must maintain at least a high attunement to keep them.
re: Vault Furniture! 12/12/2010 12:19 PM CST
All of the above? You can either walk them back to Hib and put them in or you can transfer the vault to Ratha and put them in. The jewelry case I was able to put in my backpack, but the shoe tree and weapon rack wouldn't fit. It might be easier to transfer to Ratha to install them there so you aren't travelling all over with a weapon rack or shoe tree in your hands.

You hear the ghostly voice of Katralyn say, "I have plenty of idea."

You are Peak Destroyer Devoria Myth, Protector of Ilithi, an Elf.
re: Vault Furniture! 12/12/2010 10:19 PM CST
Thanks for the info.

>>weapon rack

cool, definately need one of those, wonder how many weapons they fit.

Forged Weapons:
re: Vault Furniture! 12/13/2010 02:46 PM CST
> wonder how many weapons they fit.

I have 14 weapons of various sizes and 3 sets or armor on mine, and I bet I could fit more.

~Hunter Hanryu
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
http://tinyurl.com/HanryuTanning
re: Vault Furniture! 12/13/2010 08:47 PM CST
Wondering if with the advent of lockable vault furniture if vault sharing is in the not too far horizon...

Damian, a voice from the distant and long-forgotten past.
AIM:DamianDR
re: Vault Furniture! 12/13/2010 09:12 PM CST
I really really really doubt it.

Not because it's a bad idea, but cross-separate account vaults sounds like a systems nightmare.

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER