Re: Why bother? 02/13/2010 03:46 PM CST
<<I don't even want to travel to shard for 3 plat let alone spend hours making a complete collection.>>

Pretty easily solved by.. not doing either.

Three platinum for something that takes virtually no investment and can be done while making OTHER money (hunting) seems more than reasonable to me.

But then, I tend to see things oddly, so who knows.

GM Jaedren
Re: Why bother? 02/13/2010 03:49 PM CST
Diras are harder to collect than cards and cards currently pay out literally over 10 times more.

3 plat for something that takes months to do and that I would be genuinely shocked if anyone accomplished through normal hunting is... not reasonable.

I'd rather see a non-monetary reward like a title or something but I guess that's unreasonable too.

Rev. Reene

Xalahai says to you, "Don't you know me? I'm Jhipicalain, the awesomest warrior mage ever."
Xalahai says, "Then I will go hide in my tower where nobody can get to me. Because I am the greatest. Ever."
Re: Why bother? 02/13/2010 04:08 PM CST
Yeah.

Gonna side with Reene here - for comparison I can make 3 plat just mind locking skinning, and that's on a mob (Kartais) you can hunt with combats in the 100s.

The reward vs the effort invested is very out of whack.

SEND[Abasha] It warms my heart to see three people die for a cupcake.
Re: Why bother? 02/13/2010 04:15 PM CST
There may be little effort in picking them up/collecting them while normally hunting,but the TIME invested in getting the SET is enormous.I've yet to complete one.and started grabbing them since day one
Re: Why bother? 02/13/2010 04:29 PM CST
Ditto to Reene's suggestion, a non-monetary reward like a title would be great.

Anabel
Re: Why bother? 02/13/2010 05:10 PM CST
The price is off by 1-2 decimal places.
Re: Why bother? 02/13/2010 05:23 PM CST
<<The price is off by 1-2 decimal places.>>

I would tend to agree. I imagine we're talking different directions, though. ;)

Until such a time as there are reasonable means of removing money from the 'economy' (I use that term very loosely with the current state of bank accounts), I'll fail to see any statements for improving monetary rewards for what amounts to a risk-free endeavor as A Good Thing.

Non-monetary would definitely be cool, though.

(Keep in mind I have probably less than zero control over how much any given item pays out in any given circumstance. It's just one of those things that tweaks me about the current state of the game.)

GM Jaedren
Re: Why bother? 02/13/2010 05:27 PM CST
Well, I don't necessarily disagree that there's an inflation problem. It's just when you consider the relative value of a dira to other things that it's kind of lame. I mean, if you ignore the rarity for a second, each dira is worth 2 silver. If you factor in rarity, it's probably closer to like 6-7 bronze.

Fun fact: I still haven't found a dira below #26 in TF.